PDA

View Full Version : Man Question

BoosTT
01-04-2008, 06:45 PM
I hate shaving my face... so much, I dread it the night before. I use good disposible razers and good shaving cream. I tried a few different aftershaves and before shaves or whatever they are called. They don't really help. After I shave my skin is too sensitive, where I f'ing hate it if my girl touches my face.

Does anyone suggest a electric razer (do they really work?) or aftershave?

Deggy
01-04-2008, 06:48 PM
I hate shaving my face... so much, I dread it the night before. I use good disposible razers and good shaving cream. I tried a few different aftershaves and before shaves or whatever they are called. They don't really help. After I shave my skin is too sensitive, where I f'ing hate it if my girl touches my face.

Does anyone suggest a electric razer (do they really work?) or aftershave?

do you have really thick facial hair?

what i usually do when it gets long is i use the trimmer part of my electric razor (its old and the shaving part is dull) and trim all the hair. and then i got some Edge Progel or something for sensitive skin...doing that seems to do the trick most of the time...and also i stay away from the disposable stuff and i use the Schick Quattro.

Korndogg
01-04-2008, 06:49 PM
i have a problem with the whole ingrown hair thing when I shave. I have tried TONS of different things and cant seem to stop it.

awsomeears
01-04-2008, 06:54 PM
:thumbsup

http://www.ashbyfarmequipment.com/photos/we_trimmer_featherlite1.gif

Deggy
01-04-2008, 06:55 PM
:thumbsup

http://www.ashbyfarmequipment.com/photos/we_trimmer_featherlite1.gif

I think hes got enough problems with irritation, does he really want open wounds to go along with that? :rolf:rolf

awsomeears
01-04-2008, 07:04 PM
I think hes got enough problems with irritation, does he really want open wounds to go along with that? :rolf:rolf

Ok here ya go :thumbsup

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/productImages/0/8/00000112708-Solo161HedgeTrimmer-large.jpeg

TURTLE
01-04-2008, 07:05 PM
but i love the smell of 2-stroke in the morning! lol

i've used norelco shavers since i turned 16... love 'em and have gone through 3 thus far... work great for about 3-4 years, then the trimmer doesn't want to work so well and starts yanking out more hairs than it cuts...

i've stuck pretty much with the middle of the line ones thus far($45-$65) and have been very pleased...

Deggy
01-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Ok here ya go :thumbsup

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/productImages/0/8/00000112708-Solo161HedgeTrimmer-large.jpeg

thats better

:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

Crawlin
01-04-2008, 07:07 PM
i shave RIGHT after i get out of the shower. So the warm water and the moisture is still in the skin. I use a warm rag like in the barber shops to wet the face some more. I have some stupid Mach3 turbo or whatever, but anything works. I use Edge GEL for sensitive skin. Works perfectly fine and I've found it to be less abrasive on my skin and less hurtful right after shaving.

I don't know what line of work you are in, but if you don't shave every day, that might help a bit too. Let's the skin "recover". I shave maybe once every 3-4 days. And I can grow my goatee in about the same amount of time. SO it grows quickly. But the "stuble" look is fine at times. Just depends on if your work really allows something like that.

Prince Valiant
01-04-2008, 07:24 PM
You DEFINITELY want to shave at least after the shower...or as crawlin' suggest use a hot towel. The warm moist environment will soften the whiskers considerably.

I'm a big fan of Barbosol Sensitive skin shaving cream too.

Electric razors tend to irritate my skin even more when the whiskers are long. When I do use it, I use it with a pre-shave 'lectric shave...lubes up the skin and whiskers making the shave much easier.

I like to use an aftershave moisterizer too...one for sensitive skin.

SSDude
01-04-2008, 07:25 PM
I used a Remington for many years and have had a Braun for the last 5yrs. No irritation here.

Nix
01-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Check these out maybe order some. I can tell you they are worth the money and excellent.

www.greatrazors.com :thumbsup

hrsp
01-04-2008, 07:31 PM
some good useful advice here....sensitive skin sucks

moels
01-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Get the face nice and hot, that's the key to open up those pores and make shaving easier. I splash hot water on my face before shaving and never have a problem with irritation. Now, do not try that if shaving your balls..........haha!

theavenger333
01-04-2008, 07:37 PM
i shave RIGHT after i get out of the shower. So the warm water and the moisture is still in the skin. I have some stupid Mach3 turbo or whatever, but anything works. I use Edge GEL.

same exact one here, right after the shower, your skin is softer, and the hair comes off easier too. the Pro Gel is good stuff, and i use a Mach3. i had been having problems, but i now use Nivia for men extra soothing shaving balm. it works wonders after the shave!!! i also use a electric when my facial hair is super short on occasion, its useless if its long, just pulls at the hair. same thing after though, that Nivia stuff.

USMARINE1108
01-04-2008, 07:38 PM
If anyone hates to shave it's me. Sometimes I have to shave 2 times a day, and it sucks. Last thing you want is to be standing tall in front of the SgtMaj explaining why you didn't shave today when the rest of the Marine Corps did. So heres what I and a bunch of other guys have found works the best:

- Shave in the shower. It's the whole steam thing. If you don't trust yourself without a mirror, get one of those mirrors that don't fog up and have a sweet radio built into them. A radio in the shower is awesome if you've never tried it.
- Use the gel cream that's made for women's bikini line. It's easier on the skin then the men's sensitive skin stuff.
- Mach 3 blades. I use them for a week, then toss them out. If you shake them off to dry them and set them blade up after you use them, they seem to last longer.
- Nivea aftershave, it comes in a white bottle and is a white cream. If your face is irritated, that will sooth it in about a half hour and it smells pretty good too.
- Be clean shaven, let your girl rub whatever she wants on your face and be merry.

Todd Z
01-04-2008, 07:38 PM
:loser:thumbsup
i shave RIGHT after i get out of the shower. So the warm water and the moisture is still in the skin. I use a warm rag like in the barber shops to wet the face some more. I have some stupid Mach3 turbo or whatever, but anything works. I use Edge GEL for sensitive skin. Works perfectly fine and I've found it to be less abrasive on my skin and less hurtful right after shaving.

I don't know what line of work you are in, but if you don't shave every day, that might help a bit too. Let's the skin "recover". I shave maybe once every 3-4 days. And I can grow my goatee in about the same amount of time. SO it grows quickly. But the "stuble" look is fine at times. Just depends on if your work really allows something like that.

Yooformula
01-04-2008, 07:39 PM
Mach 3 blades, while in the shower. i lather my face and leave it on for about a minute with the razor in HOT water then after every pass rinse. I used to get in-growns all the time but not anymore. I also use ONLY the gillette or store brand GEL. The key is having the face hot from the shower and steam in the shower.

awsomeears
01-04-2008, 07:44 PM
I'm 24 and I just have sprouts, I can't grow a stash to save my life. All my friends used to make fun of me. Now they always tell me " be thankful you dont have to shave, its a PIA "

After reading this thread I guess im glad, then again I look 18 hahaha

Poncho
01-04-2008, 07:52 PM
You people suck, it takes me 2 months to grow a decent goatee, and i can't grow the stache part at all.

Rhiannon
01-04-2008, 07:53 PM
i have a problem with the whole ingrown hair thing when I shave. I have tried TONS of different things and cant seem to stop it.

Use some St. Ives Apricot scrub that have salicylic acid in it and exfoliate a couple days before you shave. Works for us chicks with our bikini line. LOL

hrsp
01-04-2008, 08:18 PM
damn you guys are pro's....guess im lucky that i only have to shave once a week..if that:)

Deggy
01-04-2008, 08:19 PM
damn you guys are pro's....guess im lucky that i only have to shave once a week..if that:)

i dont even shave that much.

if/when most of you guys see me, what you see on my face probably took me a good month to grown, and the stuble is probably like 2 weeks old..my goatea, to be at a decent lenght takes about 3 weeks...:wooo

pickardracing
01-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Beards FTW

CobraSnake
01-04-2008, 08:39 PM
yeah i just used a electric razor pretty much everyday. Some days I shave at night before I go out or whatever and then somehow I have to shave in the morning again because its just a little bit to long. I usually shave everyday or once every two days. I think my razor is a Norelco or whatever. I trim my goatee when needed with the trimmer then I use the normal part on my face. Now if its too long and I use the normal part it just pulls my hair out, so I have to use the trimmer first then the normal area. Its been working fine for me for years.

Mark

Korndogg
01-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Use some St. Ives Apricot scrub that have salicylic acid in it and exfoliate a couple days before you shave. Works for us chicks with our bikini line. LOL

I dunno. I think I'm gonna have to see some proof of this. :thumbsup

But yeah anyway. Thanks! Ill give it a whirl. Its mostly just my neck that does it.

0TransAm0
01-04-2008, 08:49 PM
damn im lucky if i shave once a month..

07ROUSHSTG3
01-04-2008, 11:31 PM
shaving sucks. i try to not do it unless necessary. right now i am sporting a 1 month grizzly ass messed up beard. starting to itch under the snowmobile helmet, so i may trim it tomorrow, ugh.

Sleeper Sierra
01-05-2008, 12:00 AM
yeah, Shaving sucks. I have had the best luck with gillette mach 3 razors and sesitive skn shaving gel. I just got a new remington electric razor for christmas and it does a pretty good job, but regardless of what I use I get an irritated neck if I try to shave everyday. So I usually look like a bum and shave every other day and not at all if I don't have to work.

lordairgtar
01-05-2008, 01:13 AM
Jeez Rhiannon, most guys have to shave every day. That exfoliating a couple of days before ain't gonna cut it. Best thing guys, is that shave after the shower tip. I can't use any shave creme as it burns my skin. I use the soft soap you get in a pump bottle. Also, if you are using disposable razors, don't be a cheap ass and use it for a month of shaves. Twice is the most I recommend, once if your beard is heavy. Those Mach Turbo Super Duper Zircon encrusted ones aren't really any better than the cheapo Bics. Just don't by the dollar store ones, I've seen smoother blades on chain saws.

PureSound15
01-05-2008, 01:34 AM
I have curly hair, so the curly beard follows with the ingrown hairs which hurt like a *****.

shaving every day sucks, and rockin' the 5 O'clock shadow only works for a day or two. I use the Gillete Good News razors ( the super octa-blade razors only make it worse)

And after I use Zirh "Fix" for men, and it REALLY helps with the irritation, pain and hairs all togeter.
http://gizmodo.com/images/14razorblades.gif

Cjburn
01-05-2008, 06:48 AM
+1 for shaving in the shower
+1 for Mach 3
Make sure you shave at the END of your shower, that way the hair will be really soft.

Korndogg
01-05-2008, 11:27 AM
yeah I have always shaved in the shower at the end and it still doesnt help much. Ill figure something out someday.

Anakonda69
01-05-2008, 01:00 PM
i hate electric razors.....

Cryptic
01-05-2008, 05:13 PM
I only shave after a HOT shower. Otherwise it feels like tug-o-war with the razor and my face.

Mach3 or the Fusion seems to work for me

Ricky Bobby
01-05-2008, 05:31 PM

only the line BOO!!

i use the fusion and some shave cream i dunno but it works i just make sure my blades are sharp and do it right after the shower or in :headbang