PDA

View Full Version : F***ing 10 bolt strikes again ! hahahahahah

BAD LS1
09-02-2003, 08:58 PM
Well after one MAJOR pounding yesterday with multiple burnouts that i never do and well teh 10 bolt seemed to be making slightly more noise than usual but i was like eh whatever junky motives just getting a little more worse for wear. Well on my way home from my hair cut today upon going through the gears a tad was treated to clicking noise instantly after shifting into 2nd and getting into the loud pedal. I was like oh what suspension piece came loose now well it didnt click anymore after that one time so i was like its still moves OH WELL. When pulling up my drive way the whole car shutterd and lost motion fora sec about every 2 ft i was like oh good!!!, sure as s*** it peeled 3 teeth of the ring gear flush at the heel. So it looks like the SS may be retired for the season in preperation for next years n2o fed warhorse. So the 10 bolt is officially a boat anchor once again !! RLMFAO, i just about pissed my self laughing once i peeled the cover off and has the teeth/ particles glued to the magnet on the cover.

Tom B

Crawlin
09-02-2003, 09:02 PM
Someone change Tom's title under the screenname to

"10 Bolt Killer"

Good job on it :) Can't wait to see what next year brings. Seems quite a few of us are heading down a FUN path :)

Chris

Prince Valiant
09-02-2003, 10:21 PM
So now i'll race you...what'cha gonna bring? a cavy?

BadAzzGTA89
09-02-2003, 10:38 PM
DAMM them ten bolts all too hell lmfao:3gears:

lotsals1
09-02-2003, 11:14 PM
OMG LMAO -- Dude want my 2:73's :)
I think you should try strange eng. gears

Yooformula
09-02-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by z28kid98
Someone change Tom's title under the screenname to

"10 Bolt Killer"
Chris

Hahahah....done:thumbsup

BAD LS1
09-02-2003, 11:42 PM
Yeah the pushrod 2.2 02 Cavalier will be the weapon of choice from now on it appears for the rest of this year, its still a fun little car banging off low 16s and beating up on 99+ Grand Am GT's so far with all of a 120HP on tap!!! with hte stock GM air filter yet. Ill still be out only with a differnt weapon!!! Im not even gonna bother with another set of gears for the big red B****it will just come out swinging next season with a more realiable drive train perhaps and maybe more:devil

check out my burnout pics in the gallery thats was all the 10 bolt wrote before it bid fairwell.

Tom B

Syclone0044
09-03-2003, 12:08 AM
And to commemorate the passing of the 10 bolt (again), I offer these photos of the first 10 bolt failure:

The Damage:
http://www.nconnect.net/~tookycat/syclone/tom_10bolt_2.jpg

A Job Well Done:
http://www.nconnect.net/~tookycat/syclone/tom_10bolt_1.jpg

Prince Valiant
09-03-2003, 12:11 AM
You know you want to walk up to some girl and say "I've got a nine inch, you know?" :Hump

:goof

Milw96Cobra
09-03-2003, 01:12 AM
I'm about to blow another throw out bearing!!! :rockwoot:

This one is already starting to sputter and make some nice noise...

Oh well, might as well put an even stronger clutch in now while I'm at it!

JohnnyT
09-03-2003, 06:11 AM
Way to go Tom!!! :headbang :3gears:

SSmike1
09-03-2003, 07:44 AM
how did that hole get into your diff cover???????:durr

Did you ever blow a 10bolt up with your S10?

I can tell my 10bolt wants to give it up,
the pinion seal is leaking, and it does not seem to work as a possi anymore when accelerating around turns,
the inside wheel starts spinning like an open diff.

i have the stock eaton diff, zexel toren.
It is a Gear Operated posi, (no clutches) Correct?

well Tom, Mosler 12 Bolt or 9 " ???????

Nan (96S10) told me that you put your 1st Cam swap back into your motor?
Now your thinking of NOS?

Have fun working on the BadLS1!!!!!!!

if you need help, please let me know. i will come over and help!

mike:thumbsup

SSmike1
09-03-2003, 07:46 AM
where are the burn out pics?:rolleyes:

mike

SSmike1
09-03-2003, 07:53 AM
i found the pics in the gallery!
looks like someone was having a Blast!:3gears:

thats my kind of FUN!

Nice 180 Tom, that was tight, not much room to make a mistake, or your on the grass! and kicked kicked in the @$$!

:D

super bike mike

BAD LS1
09-03-2003, 09:39 AM
Mike,

2000 + F bodys with the G80 option comes the the gleason/zexel torsen torque sence diff which is actually a gear type locking differential (not to be confused with the infamous Eaton Gov-Loc). All previous years had an auburn cone clutch posi unit. She will be seeing the big 9" for a replacment i decided. Yeah i will be doing a build this winter using stock cubes, but with new forges pistons and rods and a 150hp shot or better with the built lower end that can handle it. But i NEED to find a reputable machine shop thats gonna be capable of doing a bore clean up for the new pistons and balancing the rotating asmy after i replace all these parts in the engine on an LS1. But i have a goal in mind of where i want to be. Im looking for consistent high 11s on all motor and possibly touch the 10's on a 150 shot or better. I think its time to dable in the laughing gas

P.S. IF ANYONE HAS AN ENGINE HOIST I COULD BORROW FOR A WEEKEND IT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!

Tom B

GRNDNL
09-03-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by BADDLS1SS

P.S. IF ANYONE HAS AN ENGINE HOIST I COULD BORROW FOR A WEEKEND IT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!

I've got one Tom..........

BAD LS1
09-03-2003, 10:41 AM
Kieth,

that would be greatly appreciated!!, and you even live close by:thumbsup Im gonna try and get everything pulled off th engine i can to make it easier to pull out. let me know when i could borrow it at your convienence.

Thanks again!!

Tom B.

Before i completley dissable the car i think i should drive it around my sub division with the rear end cover off and have little kids chuck hand fulls of sand atthe open diff as i drive by. hahahahahhahahahah

GRNDNL
09-03-2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by BADDLS1SS
Kieth,

that would be greatly appreciated!!, and you even live close by:thumbsup Im gonna try and get everything pulled off th engine i can to make it easier to pull out. let me know when i could borrow it at your convienence.

Thanks again!!

Tom B.

You can use it any time, I'm half way between Hartford and Hartland on 83.

Crawlin
09-03-2003, 01:53 PM
Hey Tom,

i got mine all the way down to bare shortblock before removing it. And i got the shortblock/trans out together out the top. You probably will have an easier time since removing the 6speed is easier than my auto from the bottom. But it comes out the top very easily!

Chris

PS- Talk to Izzo or Jon down at Speed Inc. for the shops that they have used. I know a couple shops down in chitown area have done some nice LS1 buildups.

Brian98GTP
09-03-2003, 06:19 PM
HOLY JEEBUS !!

How many kills you got under your belt now??

Damn!

"10 Bolt Killer" is a Well Deserved name,..thats for SURE!!

You know that if you ever need a hand, just give me a call... I'd be happy to lend a hand.... Not that you'd need the help, but just offering...;)