PDA

View Full Version : what the ****

88Nightmare
01-03-2008, 03:55 PM
well todays commute home was filled with its usual collection of mother ****ers, myself included... but when I get off the freeway to stop at my local speedway to pick up a tin of my favorite smokeless tobacco, I find gas prices at $3.25...... when the **** did this happen? Eh **** it, thought I, since I have 3/4 tank anyway... maybe by the time I need gas it will be back under $3.00 a gallon. So I head inside, only to find my favorite tin of smokeless tobacco is now $4.11...... what the ****!?!?! Last time it was the usual $2.42, now its damn near double? I know there is a new tax on smokes, but smokeless too? That pisses me off. I know there are other chewers on here, you guys seen this yet?

Oh yeah, price of gas is ghey too :flipoff2:

That is all :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf

Breecher_7
01-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Dont be suprised if gas hits $4.00 a gallon next month Mike. You would really be bitching if you were me, my junk runs on premium.....

juicedimpss
01-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Dont be suprised if gas hits $4.00 a gallon next month Mike. You would really be bitching if you were me, my junk runs on premium.....

id throw a 87 octane tune in that sucker.

Breecher_7
01-03-2008, 04:14 PM
id throw a 87 octane tune in that sucker.

Volunteering? If i run 87 in it now it runs like ass and gets shit for gas milage.

88Nightmare
01-03-2008, 04:16 PM

your vortec max requires premium?

juicedimpss
01-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Volunteering? If i run 87 in it now it runs like ass and gets shit for gas milage.

sure,pay for credits and a few $$ for time.
:thumbsup

Breecher_7
01-03-2008, 04:18 PM
your vortec max requires premium?

Yes Mike, unfortunatly it does.

88Nightmare
01-03-2008, 04:28 PM
Yes Mike, unfortunatly it does.

wow, that ****** sucks. too bad there isnt a smiley of you bending over and taking it in the ass from mobil oil company

Breecher_7
01-03-2008, 04:29 PM
wow, that ****** sucks. too bad there isnt a smiley of you bending over and taking it in the ass from mobil oil company

Yeah, they should get on that one.....

88Nightmare
01-03-2008, 04:37 PM
i really cant complain about gas prices, I chose to drive a truck instead of a honda civic, but there still isnt an explanation about the tobacco price increase

STANMAN
01-03-2008, 04:51 PM
i really cant complain about gas prices, I chose to drive a truck instead of a honda civic, but there still isnt an explanation about the tobacco price increase

Sin tax:rolf

Karps TA
01-03-2008, 04:59 PM
People have to stop being so pessimistic about gas and oil prices. That's what's driving the prices up. None of the supply issues that have been predicted for the last 3 years have happened. It's just the pessimistic attitude of the market driving the price up. The traders see everyone saying "Oh soon oil will be $100 get ready for it", and they know that's what people are prepared to pay. Same with $4 gas.

Theres zero actual reasons for the price being so high. It's all make believe price inflation. Gas at $4 will grind the US economy to a halt. The people in charge won't let that happen. Especially not in an election year.

Al
01-03-2008, 05:09 PM
Theres zero actual reasons for the price being so high. It's all make believe price inflation. Gas at $4 will grind the US economy to a halt. The people in charge won't let that happen. Especially not in an election year.

A Democrat will become president.

Remember when everyone was complaining about Kerry and his $0.50 gas tax increase?

I'm glad I don't deliver pizzas anymore.

juicedimpss
01-03-2008, 05:14 PM
A Democrat will become president.

and how exactly will that make fuel prices any better?

Breecher_7
01-03-2008, 05:16 PM
Gas at $4 will grind the US economy to a halt. The people in charge won't let that happen. Especially not in an election year.

I saw gas get over $4.00 a gallon when i lived in souther california, people were still lining up at the pump. THey have no choice....

michelle
01-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Welcome to America.

Karps TA
01-03-2008, 05:32 PM
I saw gas get over $4.00 a gallon when i lived in souther california, people were still lining up at the pump. THey have no choice....

That's California. They pay 1.5Mil for a 900 sq ft house too.

88Nightmare
01-03-2008, 05:35 PM
yup, doesnt matter what the price of gas is. we will still be lining up for it. We all need it to get to work. Every company, whether it be industrial, food service, ANYTHING, ANY company in the united states of america relies on fuel one way or another, to some extent or another.... so all of corporate america is affected by high gas prices. and they wonder why the economy is such shit now a days and no one is buying things like they used to.....

WickedSix
01-03-2008, 05:37 PM
hate to say it but high gas prices are a solution not a problem....u start making people think a little more about their priorities ..... the car is freedom, but like every freedom it comes with a price..... higher prices mean more fuel efficient cars, more public transportation etc...... the governement won't subsidize the people..... it will subsidize an industry tho..... I see trucking and agriculture getting a break...but not your average joe .... glad I have a bike to ride in the summertime .... time to buy a small disel pickup now that they might finally make one

Karps TA
01-03-2008, 05:39 PM
That's my point it will grind to a halt.

There is no reason for the prices, except the pessimistic speculation. They are creating reasons for the price to go up, and the public is eating it up and agreeing with them. However none of it has been coming true for a couple years. The price can drop. It would be one thing if the earth was out of oil. But it's not. It's all fiction.

The problem this country has is it's so closed minded to getting the oil that's sitting right below our own land. We'd rather come up with far fetched ideas then the most obvious ones.

88Nightmare
01-03-2008, 05:42 PM
trucking getting a break? go check out the DOT regulations and guidelines for CDL holders. With the limited hours being put on them, they ALL have to drive over limit just to try to make some frickin money. Now with the high fuel prices, its pinching them that much harder. Its a shame, those guys bring us all the good stuff we have in our homes, on our backs, and under our hoods. If it gets much worse, you might see those guys seeking other employment...

WickedSix
01-03-2008, 05:47 PM
That's my point it will grind to a halt.

There is no reason for the prices, except the pessimistic speculation. They are creating reasons for the price to go up, and the public is eating it up and agreeing with them. However none of it has been coming true for a couple years. The price can drop. It would be one thing if the earth was out of oil. But it's not. It's all fiction.

The problem this country has is it's so closed minded to getting the oil that's sitting right below our own land. We'd rather come up with far fetched ideas then the most obvious ones.

there is a problem tho.....we do have ALOT of oil left...however at the current rate of increasing consumption there have not been enough new oil finds to support the world's appetite for oil. Oil discoveries aren't likely either. more and more petroleum will be focused on things that absolutely must be made with it ... like solar panels.... plastics for wind turbines etc. Which is why our president has been pushing alternative fuels.... but those have an abundance of issues as well...... no easy answers

more to the point.... the tabacco price going up is bleeding hearts trying to save u from yourself and give your money to some useless underpriveledged welp.... also know as taxes.....

Breecher_7
01-03-2008, 05:48 PM
Just filled up my truck $3.29 for premium total of $76..... How fun......

88Nightmare
01-03-2008, 06:00 PM
hey tony thats not so bad. gas in oak creek for regular is $3.25

BadAzzGTA89
01-03-2008, 06:08 PM
trucking getting a break? go check out the DOT regulations and guidelines for CDL holders. With the limited hours being put on them, they ALL have to drive over limit just to try to make some frickin money. Now with the high fuel prices, its pinching them that much harder. Its a shame, those guys bring us all the good stuff we have in our homes, on our backs, and under our hoods. If it gets much worse, you might see those guys seeking other employment...

Not to mention that new ultra low sulfer fuel is hell on the big trucks we have been going through fuel filters like crazy with the mold that's been growing in the filters and fuel tanks:mad:

88Nightmare
01-03-2008, 06:10 PM
Not to mention that new ultra low sulfer fuel is hell on the big trucks we have been going through fuel filters like crazy with the mold that's been growing in the filters and fuel tanks:mad:

oh man, i forgot all about that crap. way to go us government! nothin like removing half of the fuels lubricity, which is kinda important for a diesel engine :crying

Rocket Power
01-03-2008, 06:30 PM
I just got my plate renewal for my wagon 75 F-ing dollars.
F you Doyle:flipoff2:

GRAMPS SS
01-03-2008, 06:38 PM
just filled the wagon up....2.97 a gallon....in Megoun....3.09 on one corner in germantown ,....and down the block by me at Speedway....3.25.....gas is always cheaper in Meguon....while i was there i asked why they are still cheaper.since barrel prices went to 100.00 today..they said they didn't get a call yet to raise the price......

Deggy
01-03-2008, 06:48 PM
ugh, im on E and im broke...this should be fun.

WickedSix
01-03-2008, 06:50 PM
ugh, im on E and im broke...this should be fun.

do you have enough to buy a length of rubber hose??? :durr

88Nightmare
01-03-2008, 07:01 PM
I just got my plate renewal for my wagon 75 F-ing dollars.
F you Doyle:flipoff2:

my truck plates are $84 :fire

Got the renewal slip sittin right infront of me laughin in my face :flipoff2:

Deggy
01-03-2008, 07:01 PM
do you have enough to buy a length of rubber hose??? :durr

im not trying that again, last time i did that to get gas outta the tank of my step bros old monte i almost got gas in my mouth..haha :banana1:

WickedSix
01-03-2008, 07:04 PM
im not trying that again, last time i did that to get gas outta the tank of my step bros old monte i almost got gas in my mouth..haha :banana1:

u aren't a car guy unless you've tasted gas deggy :rolf:rolf

Deggy
01-03-2008, 07:06 PM
does getting motor oil splashed in my mouth count?:)

GRAMPS SS
01-03-2008, 07:09 PM
^^^^^nope...has to be a mouthfull of gas....oil is crap compared to the sweeeeeeet taste of petro....

Deggy
01-03-2008, 07:14 PM
^^^^^nope...has to be a mouthfull of gas....oil is crap compared to the sweeeeeeet taste of petro....

ill tell you this much, Royal Purple being the color it is....it def does not taste like anything grape...

Z28Roxy
01-03-2008, 07:14 PM
Yep on the student budget...

Taking it in the ass alright...... sandpaper for lube too :flipoff2:

WickedSix
01-03-2008, 07:15 PM

yeah do you count 3/4 of an orgasm?? :rolf:rolf

pOrk
01-03-2008, 07:53 PM
Just filled up my truck $3.29 for premium total of $76..... How fun......

Thats a full tank?

Both of my trucks have 30 gallon tanks, and they both needed gas today. There goes 190 bucks.

Z28Roxy
01-03-2008, 08:17 PM
Thats a full tank?

Both of my trucks have 30 gallon tanks, and they both needed gas today. There goes 190 bucks.

Soon KBB is going to have an option to help determine the value of your car or truck:

How much gas is currently in your vehicle (please check the following box):

Full 3/4s half 1/4 empty

Deggy
01-03-2008, 08:19 PM
Soon KBB is going to have an option to help determine the value of your car or truck:

How much gas is currently in your vehicle (please check the following box):

Full 3/4s half 1/4 empty

mine would most likely always be checked E, i drive around on E too much.
i hate being so broke :(

88Nightmare
01-03-2008, 08:22 PM

so stop driving around :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :goof

Deggy
01-03-2008, 08:28 PM
so stop driving around :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :goof

damn, got me :goof

BadAzzGTA89
01-03-2008, 09:02 PM

Gonna need cash for a fuel pump soon!!!!!!!!

Cryptic
01-03-2008, 10:01 PM

Not sure where you get that information.
Here's a pretty good read about what's been going on for the last 3 years to get to a very large oil reservoir

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/ngm/0406/feature5/fulltext.html

The troubled well is just one of 25 that BP plans to drill in the giant field, called Thunder Horse, which sprawls over 54 square miles (140 square kilometers) of seafloor. The entire project, including a floating platform half again as wide as a football field that will collect the oil from individual wells and pipe it to shore starting next year, will cost four billion dollars. But if the wells live up to expectations, each will eventually gush tens of thousands of barrels a day. "That's like a well in Saudi Arabia," says Cheshier. "We hardly get those in the U.S. anymore."