PDA

View Full Version : MFBA event @ RA

SSmike1
09-02-2003, 08:04 AM
Hey All,

anyone going to the HPDE at RA this Oct.18th & 19th?

it is a Blast! you will find out what you & your car are really made of! :eek: LOL

I will be there, with my Black 2000 SS.:banana

here is the link....
http://www.speedseekers.com/

check it out,
this will be my 3rd time driving this track!
IT IS AWESOME!

:3gears:

mike

y2kws6
09-02-2003, 03:15 PM
Thanks Mike, we have been posting on so many boards that we forget about some of the most important ones.

We have multiple classes, imports, trucks, f-bodies, and stangs alike; come on out.

The money is worth it if you do the math; approx. less than $1 a mile on a Nationally known race track if you run both days.

Dan
www.speedseekers.com

P.S. If you have any questions check the FAQ page or email me.

69LT1
09-02-2003, 10:05 PM
I'll be there. Just sold the 96 SS and upgraded to a 98 Z with a few mods. My buddy and I are also bringing our Spec Miata.

I'm looking forward to it.

Jeff

LS1 IROCZ
09-03-2003, 11:39 AM
I'm in

y2kws6
09-03-2003, 02:59 PM
Hey Brad, I found the pic of you at RA in the special addition GMHTP mag. I have an extra copy that I can give you. I can give it to you anytime, even if I need to at the track.

Dan

LS1 IROCZ
09-03-2003, 03:13 PM
Thanks Dan.
I have not seen that one yet. I can't find those magazines anywhere in this area.
check out the last pic on my website..... I have a new hood ( to be painted soon)

SSmike1
09-03-2003, 06:26 PM
Hi Brad,

are you signed up yet?

My wife, Silly Jilly, will be there!

Dave Dill got my money & forms yesterday, he called me.
so i'll be on the list soon.
i am only driving saturday.
i got a partner to drive sunday, and pay half.

see ya saturday, oct.18th.

mike mike motorbike:durr

PS Brad, That Hood Looks Very Cool.
a suggestion, the Black IROC-Z Stripes would look very cool on a yellow hood.:eek:

y2kws6
09-03-2003, 11:10 PM
Brad the hood looks sweet.

Mike Dave must have got everything that we needed, because I just updated you on the website tonight. See (http://www.speedseekers.com/paid2003.html)

Dan

Syclone0044
09-04-2003, 12:37 AM
Thanks for the heads up, it sounds like fun!! I decided I am definitely going to attend. I am toying with the idea of racing my truck or my Turbo Grand Prix. I'd rather race the truck but I dont know if it could even make one lap at full throttle :) I guess most likely I won't race either but I will watch at the very least!! (and hope to get a ride with someone else so I can get experience what the track feels like, for next time..)

Josh

SMS 1
09-04-2003, 12:40 AM
I can't find an actuall price for this anywhere? Am I missing it or do you only find out when you register completely? Can someone enlighten me? :rolleyes:

SSmike1
09-04-2003, 07:57 AM
Hey SMS1,
go to this site...
http://www.speedseekers.com/
and go through the "registration is now open"
pages, and you will see how it works.
it cost $320 for 2 days of track time.
Let me tell you this please....
i have joined Midwestern Council, and have gone racing with this sanctioning body, Worked Corners for W2W & have entered all AX's, and...
in AX, you get 4 minutes of practice, 3 times, and 3 timed laps at 1:28, that is 16.5 minutes of total track time for about $100.
which is $6 a minute.

Now, take MFBA RA event, and you get 4, 20 minute sessions on saturday, and 5, 20 minute sessions on sunday. that is 180 minutes of total track time.
which $1.7 a minute.

Plus, Road America is an awesome track, with lots of Sand run off. The Pits are Paved!!!!!!! Great Food, Etc...
$320 is worth it, when you have run at other tracks and see the difference.

John Gay, Dave Dill, Dan Kuehn, & WIVES, do a SUPER FANTASTIC job at running this event!!!!!!!:banana

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

mike

SSmike1
09-04-2003, 08:02 AM
Thanks Dan,
for adding me to the list!
i check it daily!:rolleyes:

:D you guys do a great job at this event!

will you have this date next year?
I will Budget it in, so i can afford BOTH April & October's events.

I hope you do 2 dates for 2004!!!!!!!

:thumbsup

super bike mike:goof

SMS 1
09-04-2003, 11:21 AM
Thanx Mike, I've been pretty busy lately and probably just didn't read far enough! I'm sure this will be a great event. Unfortunately I will probably have to skip this one. Now I know what to expect for the next one! Besides that none of my or my brothers cars are really ready for the track yet, maybe we'll come out and watch . . .

Thanks again! Ben Steffen:3gears:

y2kws6
09-04-2003, 03:11 PM
SMS 1, just to give you a little insite on getting your car prep'd.

Needs to meet basic tech, like any dragstrip (See Here (www.speedseekers.com/techinfo.html))

The only upgrading really needed is the front brake pads, but I would check over tires and rotors for enough material with stand the stress of the track.

My first two years all I did was ugrade the front pads and just took it somewhat :shades easy to make sure that I managed the track in a safe manner.

Any questions, give me a gingle

Dan

y2kws6
10-11-2003, 06:03 PM
TTT

SSmike1
10-14-2003, 02:54 PM
:3gears: hey all

they are still openings for this weekend,
at RA.

Fun Fun Fun.:banana