PDA

View Full Version : Good Credit Card Companies

03CVLX
01-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Anyone know of a good Credit card company that exists. I have Bank of America now and I am tired of the games they are playing. I reallly need to make a change. I accidently went over my credit limit by $22.00 buying christmas gifts, then made a $250 payment 2 days later which was 4 days before the statement closed, which brought my statement well below my credit line and they still charged me a $39.00 overlimit fee. I just can't get ahead with Bank of America with all their fees. :fire

jbiscuit
01-02-2008, 11:43 AM
try not using the card. Pay in cash for gifts etc. Seems to work OK

03CVLX
01-02-2008, 11:51 AM
try not using the card. Pay in cash for gifts etc. Seems to work OK

I rarely do use the card, all im asking is if anyone has dealt with a credit card company that is actually decent to deal with. Trust me I know cash is better but sometimes that just isn't an option, especially at Christmas when you have a big family to buy gifts for.

WickedSix
01-02-2008, 11:56 AM
I originally had MBNA and it got switched/sold to B of A ... I liked MBNA much better but so long as I keep below my limit I haven't had problems. Hard to beat a rewards card with 7% interest :D

07ROUSHSTG3
01-02-2008, 11:59 AM
i have one card and it is from my bank: a wells fargo platinum card. i don't really care for wells fargo, but have not found another bank to move my money to yet. when it comes to the actual credit card though, i have been very happy. my limit goes up every few months and they handled me losing my card great last year. i can pay the bill and check my transactions very easily online too, which is a plus for me. not even sure what the interest rate i pay is, i pay it off right away most the time.

Nix
01-02-2008, 12:19 PM
Well Fargo ^^^:thumbsup

Prince Valiant
01-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Ask them to take it off...can't hurt. If not, apply for/seek a new card and transfer your balance to it.

Most CC companies will take of certain fees that aren't huge just by asking...just like you can often times negotiate better interest rates.

If they don't give you either, then they are telling you that they really do NOT want you as a customer.

Crawlin
01-02-2008, 01:57 PM
all of them suck. ALL CC companies suck. they are there to MAKE money off of you. you still went OVER your limit, even if you paid it 4 days later. it sucks, but that's the way they have it.

I have my GM card that is run through HSBC. I HATE hsbc. I got a letter saying my rate was tripling to about 28%. Why? cause the letter said I've kept a high revolving balance(i paid off and then had a $500 purchase that rolled one month then got paid off then another $500 purchse). The letter said I've had unsatisfactory payment history on my OTHER accounts. Well considering I'm a finance manager and i pay on transunion.com to watch my score every month, i know i've never missed a payment, i've never gone over limit, and my score has been doing nothing but going UP. And that's for every one of my accounts. I called and talked to a supervisor and explained all that. He couldn't answer and I just said that they are idiots and that as a "supervisor" since he can't do anything, he's nothing more than a call center *****. Amazingly, since i've gotten that letter, the rate has not gone up, hahhaa. That was about 8 months ago. I did just get another letter in the mail saying the same thing. I think it's just there way of "reasoning" that and if someone doesn't call and *****, then they do it. Now it's not GM's fault, it's just that HSBC does ALOT of C.C. business. That's what Best Buy cards are through. That's what ALOT of the department store CC's are through.

I do have a Washington Mutual card and they have been awesome to deal with on a fraud purchase. 0% on purchases AND balance transfers for 2 years is fine too.

Slow Joe
01-02-2008, 02:09 PM
I've had good luck with Landmark Credit Union and my CC with them... the GM Card Guys (HSBC) are a PITA to deal with, and also a pain to attempt to negotiate a better rate with.

Want_Notch
01-02-2008, 02:10 PM
I like Landmark as well.

LIL EVO
01-02-2008, 03:49 PM
http://www.creditcards.com/

DirtyMax
01-02-2008, 04:54 PM
I use the Chase Speedway card. Just use it and pay it off every month when I get my expense check. It earns Speedy Rewards points fast as hell. I use it and the Rewards card at checkout and it gives me double points (both credit card and rewards card) and 10 points per $1 spent or something like that in addition just for using the card.

GRAMPS SS
01-02-2008, 05:21 PM
i have a GM card and 2 Capital One cards......both low rates...and anytime i call Capital One, which isn't all that often......they do what they can for ya....

brotherbenn83
01-02-2008, 05:40 PM
get a chase freedom card, I got 1 wiht 0% interest for one year, bought EVERYTHING with it and paid it off every month and made $250 in rewards. Of course, then I broke my ankle and now it sits at $2k accruing interest...I suck!