PDA

View Full Version : audi givin me problems

theavenger333
01-01-2008, 05:31 PM
some might remember when i posted up before the crash about how my 1990 Audi accumulated about 1.5 quarts of water in the oil. it was water, not coolant. no problems in that department. well it happened again, but this time i was out doing christmas stuff with the family and such, so i had to drive it home. on the way the car died by my house, it was really chugging bad. now it turns over and fires, but dies after running for about 5 seconds. giving it gas kills it fast. the only way i can get it to run is to give it enough gas with the ignition on, but car off to almost flood it. start it, the car literally roars to life, and if i keep the gas down, and the motor revved to about 3-4k, it stays running. second it goes below 3k rpms, it dies. the plugs are black on top, but seem okay. sounds more like a fuel issue? any thoughts?

my concern is hydrolock. i assume the motor actually Locks up. no?

Memphis
01-01-2008, 06:29 PM
fuel issue or vacuum leak maybe?

Russ Jerome
01-01-2008, 06:32 PM
Audi accumulated about 1.5 quarts of water in the oil. it was water, not coolant.

Water not coolant in the oil?
How about gas in the oil instead of water?

A B4C Z
01-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Leaking injectors?

pickardracing
01-01-2008, 09:13 PM
sounds like internal fuel leakage to me.

theavenger333
01-01-2008, 10:14 PM
it was definatly condensation in the motor, in the oil. no coolant leakage, nor gas. its not burning off properly, because the motor has barely any backpressure, the exhaust is in pieces. the motor barely warms up at all in fact. i was going through my checklist of stuff, figured i'd check in the Throttle Body and stuff to see if some of the oil/water got into the intake. sure enough, the damn throttle body was frozen shut from the water. cleaned it all out, shot a ton of carb and brake cleaner in it, fired up on the first damn try. drove it around for about 10 minutes and everything cleared up. personally thats a new one for me, frozen shut throttle body. gotta get the exhaust fixed, should solve the problem. i'll be seeing the guy Wayne recommended.