PDA

View Full Version : Any BCM Golfers?

Smokey1226
01-01-2008, 10:15 AM
Im hardcore golfer and was just picking where i wanted to get my Membership this year. I worked at Rivermoor CC while i was playing golf for our Highschool's golf team so i palyed there free.

Now im looking at Muskego Lakes CC because its only 1500, Free golf, Range, Cart.

But would like to see where everyone else plays?

Btw: We should throw a BCM golf outing :thumbsup

Korndogg
01-01-2008, 10:17 AM
I use to be a pretty hardcore golfer but haven't played in a couple years now. I was on the HS golf team back in the day. Id like to get back into it again.

Anakonda69
01-01-2008, 10:21 AM
i golf whenever i can.....have golfed for like 11 years now.....will be buying new clubs this summer and since i am not playing football anymore golf will be more in my future....muskego lakes is decent......is that 1500 a year?

Korndogg
01-01-2008, 10:23 AM
Id like to get a membership somewhere too but man. They are not cheap.

PureSound15
01-01-2008, 11:40 AM
I love to golf, but becuase I'll be moving to the Delafield area in May, it probably makes sense to get a membership out there somewhere :(

Crawlin
01-01-2008, 12:56 PM
I play Muskego Lakes every wednesday in a league. Been doing it for the past 3-4 years. Good course when they want to keep it up. After rainy week, NOT so good of a course. Has some drainage issues. But oh well, their Chipotle Turkey wraps MORE than make up for it.

I play about 3x's a week during the summer.

I'm a member at Westmoor C.C. in Brookfield. Thank god for my pop's as a sponsor and being under 35 makes the dues cheaper

Smokey1226
01-01-2008, 06:13 PM
I play Muskego Lakes every wednesday in a league. Been doing it for the past 3-4 years. Good course when they want to keep it up. After rainy week, NOT so good of a course. Has some drainage issues. But oh well, their Chipotle Turkey wraps MORE than make up for it.

I play about 3x's a week during the summer.

I'm a member at Westmoor C.C. in Brookfield. Thank god for my pop's as a sponsor and being under 35 makes the dues cheaper

+1 on that, last year when it rained for a week straight...half of the back nine was under water...literally UNDER WATER!

That is the nice thing about Rivermoor, excellent drainage. But i hate the lack of not having a Driveing Range.

And your not kidding about some of the course's Yearly Memberships, 1 of my Matches was at Kenosha CC (100% Private, with the most incredible members lockeroom i have ever seen) was 20k+ a year. BALLLINNN!

WickedSix
01-01-2008, 06:31 PM
I played on my HS golf team and worked at a country club through high school.... I love golfing but I don't have enough time/money to play at the level I use to...seems I'm eternally stucks in the 90's for a round these days......

I only got to play the bull, the bogg, the broadlands, rainbow springs (baby buckle shootout benefit tournament will post details later in year), and fairways of woodside (fun course that for some reason doesn't have many people on it in sussex) pretty good bargain for a twilight round

CobraSnake
01-01-2008, 06:45 PM
I used to play all the time. But its pretty expensive to go most places plus I'm not so good and I get frustrated pretty easily. So I stopped playing alot. I play frisbee golf all the time though. Thats just nicer because its free all you have to buy is the one disc.

Mark

Korndogg
01-01-2008, 06:48 PM
The best course I played was either the Racine CC or Timberstone up in Iron Mountain.

jbiscuit
01-02-2008, 07:48 AM
Racine CC FTW. I worked there back in the day....worked as a caddy first and then in the proshop/bagroom. GORGEOUS course. Meadowbrook in Racine is nice also

Karps TA
01-02-2008, 08:14 AM
I golf a couple times a month usually. I might do a league at Edgewood this year. Not sure yet. I like leagues at first, but then by the middle of the league I get tired of having to be there all the time.

I'm not a big fan of Muskego Lakes CC. It doesn't allow for a driver that much. Too many lay up holes for my liking. I prefer to bomb away.

jbiscuit
01-02-2008, 08:15 AM
Ives Grove in Racine County is a long course if you like to hit the driver. Very fun course to play but if you hit the driver well. Can be windy at times however.

Karps TA
01-02-2008, 08:22 AM
I've played Ives Grove a couple times. Nice course, especially for the money.

I like playing Broadlands the most around here.

Crawlin
01-02-2008, 09:58 AM
And your not kidding about some of the course's Yearly Memberships, 1 of my Matches was at Kenosha CC (100% Private, with the most incredible members lockeroom i have ever seen) was 20k+ a year. BALLLINNN!

yep, Westmoor is about $35k/year with a larger amount as a "buy-in". I know since they were redoing the course this coming year, dues are higher.

That whole big mound along Moorland RD. that they just built up in late summer, right across from Sears... all that dirt was from a construction site that my dad's company was doing, so now it's "Minnich Mound" hahahah

Anyways, I'm totally down for a big group outing. I can take you guys with me if we get a group always wanting to rotate around courses. Just ask to dress and act appropriately and chip in a bit ;). It's normally $75/guest and then an additional $35/cart. Gets expensive, hahah

jbiscuit
01-02-2008, 10:06 AM
I'd be down for a BCM golf outing for sure.

Smokey1226
01-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Im down! Broadlands is a nice course.PLayed there a couple times this summer. I've been told morning star is pretty nice, maybe if i start talking to my ex-gf again she can hook me up with a cart or something there. lol

Crawlin
01-02-2008, 01:34 PM
I've heard Morning Star is pretty good. I know the pro over at Silver Spring since he used to be the pro at Westmoor. Jason's a good guy and an excellent teacher if anyone ever takes some lessons. I'm still going back to Arizona this year w/ my dad again. I have pics from last year(May '07 area) in the pic section

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21751

Anakonda69
01-02-2008, 06:07 PM
i would be in for a bcm golf outing

forcefedss
01-02-2008, 09:07 PM
i would be down for this depending where it is. i usually play 3x a week or more.

another ?, what clubs are everyone using?

i have the nike ignite 460 cc driver, and ignite 3 wood, cpr2 irons and hybrids and a odessy 2ball putter

Memphis
01-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Ives Grove in Racine County is a long course if you like to hit the driver. Very fun course to play but if you hit the driver well. Can be windy at times however.

The course is nice, but the people there are a**holes! I went there one time and we had a group of four. One guy kept rolling by in his cart and at one point told us we were going to slow, theres a time limit and we need to step it up. We were actually caught up to the group ahead of us all day so WTF?? Wont go back there again.

Course we were also yelled at by another group when we went to Rivermoor...because we were talking with each other and it was disrupting their game...3 holes away!

jbiscuit
01-03-2008, 07:31 AM
REALLY!? Man I don't know if I have EVER even seen a ranger at Ives Grove! ha ha ha

Smokey1226
01-03-2008, 11:03 AM
I absolutely hate that really short par 3 where your hitting back at the club house.....i ALWAYS find a way to screw that hole up :(

CobraSnake
01-03-2008, 11:36 AM
The course is nice, but the people there are a**holes! I went there one time and we had a group of four. One guy kept rolling by in his cart and at one point told us we were going to slow, theres a time limit and we need to step it up. We were actually caught up to the group ahead of us all day so WTF?? Wont go back there again.

Course we were also yelled at by another group when we went to Rivermoor...because we were talking with each other and it was disrupting their game...3 holes away!

sounds like you need to tell those people to mind their own Fu***** business. You paided your money or whatever to play on the course and you may play it at your own discretion.

Mark

WickedSix
01-03-2008, 12:03 PM
I've been on both sides having worked for the pro shop....when u don't know the golfers ability( and since most people think they are waaayyyy better than they really are) you are prone to wanting them to hit to keep play moving......and on the other side of it I have been told to hit by a marshall b4 who thought I couldn't hit to the group ahead and asked him to watch ..... yea they didn't appreciate a ball hitting their cart :rolf but the marshall manned up and went up to them and told them what happend... at least that marshall wasn't a **** which is often the case...

0TransAm0
01-03-2008, 03:05 PM
me and my pops go golfing about once or twice a week.. usuall just got to raymond little par 3 course just off the freeway by 7mile or the course on elm road in oakcreek... im no good tho hell i the par 3 im lucky if i get below 45 for 9 holes. :)

Car Guy
01-03-2008, 09:32 PM
GOLF + Justin(ME) = :banana1::headbang:banana1::headbang

In summer golf is my life, but I'm sort of a cheapskate now because a few years back I couldn't believe how much I actually spent on golfing (in the previous year) after adding it all up.....:wooo

Ahhhh, the good ol' days.....:crying

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

Smokey1226
01-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Im the same way, unfortunately because of work last year i didnt get out as much as i would of hoped. But i usually play 5 times a week, and usually practice in my yard everyday (depending on weather). Im an absolute Golf Junky!

Crawlin
01-04-2008, 01:05 PM
Well it looks like we can have a little group fun going to a couple different courses. I play ALOT, but I am by no means an excellent golfer. I just like being out there and not being at work, haha

Karps TA
01-04-2008, 02:34 PM
So for the golfers, what's in your bag?

I always like to atleast give the impression that I have skills, but trying to make my equipment look that way. lol

Driver: Calloway X460
3 Wood : Taylor Made R7 Titanium. - Best club purchase I've made in a long time.
Irons : Calloway X14 - like to get newer ones, but these are still working great
Wedge: I know it's a 56 degree Taylor Made. Probably 8 years old now.
Putter: Odyessy blade style. - Will be the thing I replace this year. I think all the good putts are gone from this.

I don't carry a 5 wood or hybrid. Can't hit them anyways.

Crawlin
01-04-2008, 03:04 PM
Driver - Calloway ERC (got from dad but need a new one, it's like 7 years old now), Tried out the T.M. Burner and R7 Draw, Still deciding
3/4/7 - XPC that I made from Golfsmith Magazine
Irons - TaylorMade RAC OS2's
Wedge - Cleveland 56* copper wedge :)
Putter - Nike, kinda like a one ball Odysey putter

jbiscuit
01-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Driver - Callaway Bertha with carbon head...I think its a RC90 or something??
3 wood - Callaway old skool Bertha with steel shaft
irons 3-PW - Ping Zing steel shaft black dots (LOVE em. I looked for a YEAR for these clubs)
SW - Titleist Tour Grind custom SW (won it). AWESOME SW. Puts crazy spin on the ball
Putter - Ping Zing 2 with copper face insert

I'd love to have a new driver but MAN those things are expensive. $500 for a driver is NOT going to happen! :rolf

Karps TA
01-04-2008, 03:20 PM
I'd love to have a new driver but MAN those things are expensive. $500 for a driver is NOT going to happen! :rolf

Yeah and then the following year they are half the price. :flipoff2: Happened to my with the 460. I tried it at a demo event, loved it. HAd to have it and paid like $400 for it. Then last year the damn thing was like $150 everywhere.

Crawlin
01-04-2008, 03:28 PM
I got a friend who knew one of the engineers at Taylor Made. Would send boxes of polos out for $5/each, haha. New set of irons was like $150, haha. Doesn't work there anymore.

With Westmoor, they have their own proshop, so most NEW clubs are about 15-20 cheaper than what Golf Galaxy or 2nd Swing was asking for used stuff. $120 wedge was like $50-60 if I remember right.

jbiscuit
01-04-2008, 03:30 PM
figures. I just learn to play with what I got I guess. I have so many stories from back in the day when I was 14-15 hustling these members at Racine CC when I worked there.

Me and another guy used to close the bag room/cart house in the summer. We were waiting on this one group to come back in so we could go home and the member was a real jag. Had ALL the best clubs, all regripped, $800 bag yadda yadda. My friend Eric made comment about being a 20 handicap and having $3000 clubs thinking the member was gone and he wasn't...he overheard and thought I made the comment so he challenged me right then and there. 3 holes before it got too dark. I played him and beat him on all 3 holes. I'll never forget it. I went birdie-par-par to his par-bogey-bogey (he picked up on the last green). He was actually impressed and before he left handed me the sandwedge. Brand new. Had me add it to his tab in the proshop. I think it retailed for like $240 at the time. I still play it to this day. It was hilarious cuz on the first tee, like 8 of his buddies were standing there with their drinks and cigars when he tee'd off from the whites and then I walked back to the blues and teed off and outdrove him by 10 yds. The snickering and sh1t talking was worth more than the SW he gave me afterwards. Sh1t I even played in my work uniform and had to steal a ball from a bag on my way to the first tee...figures, I think it was a Pinnacle even! I was BROKE back then! :rolf

Crawlin
01-04-2008, 03:33 PM
BWAHAHAHA, that's awesome!!!

jbiscuit
01-04-2008, 03:40 PM
we used ALWAYS have our clubs with us. You never know when someone would call you out when they got drunk or something. If you didn't have your clubs with, you could lose out on a hundo or $50 or a driver like that. These members always got sh1tfaced and liked to talk sh1t. They'd come into the bag room and light up a cigar. Set their drink on the cart you were cleaning and tell you, "right now. Grab my driver. Longest drive for $100 from the Blacks."

When you are 14 and you get handed a $100 bill, that was big time. Shoot, my first summer working there I went and bought $2000 worth of stereo equipment from Best Buy. I had a better TV, a better receiver and bigger speakers than my dad! The money at those CC's is crazy. You guys have NO idea. We watched 4-5 guys have a putting contest on the putting green at 10 or 11 o'clock so these guys could try and win back some of their skins money from that day. $250 a putt. Closest to the cup. Sink it was worth double. Watching drunk 50 year olds try and make 10 footers was hilarious. They had so much money though it was sick. A lady asked me to get her clubs from her car one time and when I got them she went to hand me a $10 bill which in itself was nice since it was just across the parking lot but instead handed me a $50.....she didn't want to look dumb and ask for it back so just said, "oh whoops.....I meant to hand ya the 10 but you keep it honey."

jbiscuit
01-04-2008, 03:47 PM
another time when I was like 13-14, I was caddying for a guy during this member's match they used to have in the summer. He was playing like sh1t and was taking it out on me for like 4-5 holes. A REAL dik. He even said something like I jinxed his clubs or something stupid. So on like the 5th hole, he grabbed the bag away from me and threw them in the Root River. Right there. He was down like 3 holes after 5 so he was just pissed. Then he looked and me like, "go get them." Fuk you, I wouldn't get those for my mom so I surely am not climbing in a fast-moving river for you! So realizing he loses if he doesn't have any clubs to play he tells me to take the cart his buddy has that was follwing behind us and go get him a full set of Ping clubs from the proshop. So I did. Making sure that I marked up every club that went into his bag....$280 driver? Nope. Now its $325. Irons are $980? Nope. Try $1150. ha ha ha ha. After all that he still lost the match. Stupid hacker!

Karps TA
01-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Those stories just make me think of this....

"So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. "

jbiscuit
01-04-2008, 03:55 PM
ha ha ha ha

CobraSnake
01-04-2008, 03:59 PM
I just got some crap clubs that I got at sportmart when they were having a deal. They work good enough for my golfing abilities so I don't mind.

Mark

WickedSix
01-04-2008, 04:40 PM
all mine save for the driver and putter are knock-off's

3-sw ping zing knock off with stiff shafts (I love them)

3 & 5 wood are calloway knock off heads with burner bubble knock-off stiff shafts

the driver is a Big Bertha 11 degree with a stiff shaft

the putter is a titleist I believe that I got from a cheap set years back but I am too use to it to change lol

I loved having acess to a club maker when I worked at the country club..... oh well good thing I got them when I did lol

best thing I ever did was switch to a stiff shaft..... swing speed was always opening up my club face with a regular shaft :mad:

Karps TA
01-04-2008, 04:57 PM
best thing I ever did was switch to a stiff shaft..... swing speed was always opening up my club face with a regular shaft :mad:

I had to do that. Matter of fact my new 3W I went back to a steel shaft. I now hit that thing arrow straight and a mile.

forcefedss
01-04-2008, 05:41 PM
damn. all this talk about golfing...i want to go now damnit. the golf course by me has winter rates which is half of what they normally are. if it gets a lil warmer im thinkin about goin out..

Crawlin
01-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Pat, that's been a huge problem with my current driver. It's a calloway so the shafts are already "lighter" than their actual rating. When I had one of their newer clubs, I had to go with a tour stiff shaft. My irons are all steel shafts and that's what most people SHOULD be playing with.

Alot of people go TOO stiff and they sacrifice distance since it's not getting the overall effect of the shaft flex coming through the ball. But then again, I'll gladly sacrifice 20 yards to be in the middle of the fairway.

Funny thing is, I'll play ALOT of rounds without even using a driver/wood. I've found that I'm better and more consistant shooting a 4iron off the tee to 210-220, and then a 5 iron 190 to the front of the green or ON the green, than I am hitting a driver 260 and then a 8 iron 150. Cause with the driver I'll usually be a little left or right and in the rough, so harder to hit out of. I'm not a HUGE hitter by any means when you see that driver distance. My club selection was the biggest thing I learned when I was in AZ for lessons this past year. That and getting that 56* wedge instead of trying to soft hit a PW when I'm 20-30 yards and in, since that was all I had.

Smokey1226
01-04-2008, 09:08 PM
I love all of this Golfing talk!!!

Driver- Cobra SZ400 10.5* Reshafted with a Grafolloy BLUE Stiff shaft

3 Wood- Taylormade V-steel (Probably the funnest club to hit)

3-PW- Mizuno Mp-32 Blades 2* Upright + 1/2" shaft length extention

52*/58* Wedges Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel Finish 1/2" Extention shafts

60* Cleveland 588 Series

Putter- Ping G5i Craz-e

But im looking into picking up a Titleist 905R Driver + Grafolloy Blue Shaft....

WickedSix
01-05-2008, 04:50 AM
Funny thing is, I'll play ALOT of rounds without even using a driver/wood. I've found that I'm better and more consistant...

boy I know this all too well.... my HS coach made me play with a 5,8,pw and putter for a round because I had the big banana off the tee with the driver..... kick in the pants when my score was better with less club selection......forces u to make the RIGHT choices :rolf

biggest part of the game is simply getting over yourself.... 9 times outta 10 the reason I miss a par is cus I went for the 'miracle' shot trying to get on the green in regulation :durr I should know better by now lol