PDA

View Full Version : Should I sell it??? ... What's it worth???

TK 14 SS
09-01-2003, 09:28 PM
A question that I wrestle with often in respect to my 2000 SS.

I love the car (okay I'm obsessed with it), and often have fun with it. BUT! I'm often ticked off that I can't do more with it and that there's even less to do around here pertaining to our types of cars. I'll never really be able to take the car to the "level" that I'd like to but I still try.

Sometimes I just think that maybe if I cut the ties to this "habit" things would be easier (it may suck, but be "easier") espescially with the wife, etc...

So here's the car (not quite recent pic.) http://www.tk14ss.cz28.com/images/info_page.jpg

And the list of most of the goodies "in" the car
2000 Chevy Camaro SS #5583
Originally got the car on May 8th, 2000
Came with all the goodies
minus leather and 12 disc changer

* * Modifications since - * *
Whisper Induction Lid w/ K&N
Ported and de-screened MAF
SLP Traction Control Logic Module
Pro 5.0 shifter with Lou's Short Stick
..& Flameball.com grey pearl shift knob
..& custom shift boot
Sullivan Racing Products billet racing (SS) pedals
Spec lightweight stage 3 (X-pad) clutch
Spec billet aluminum flywheel
SLP strut tower brace
Mac Springs (1.5" drop)
Mac panhard rod
Mac lower control arms
BMR tubular SFCs
B&B Tri-flow exhaust (quad tip)
Corbeau Carerra (grey) seats and (black) harnesses
SLP "tuned length" stainless/ceramic coated headers
... with stainless race pipes/cut-outs & 3" Y pipe (= no cats)
EGR & air pump "delete"
MSD 8.5 wires & NGK TR55 plugs
160 degree thermostat
Precision Gear 4.10 gears
Thunder Racing 224/224 .561/.561 112 cam
Thunder Racing 7.4" hardened pushrods
Isky 295 springs and titanium retainers
LS1 Edit
Harlan shift light
BFG G-force TA-KDs (275/40/17)
Performance Friction carbon-metallic pads
lighting upgrades (Sylvania SilverStar and 80W driving bulbs)
Synthetic fluids "all around"
Some appearance stuff:
wheels/brakes, stripe, windows
Mobil 1 Cap, Mobil 1 engine plaque
carbon fiber FRCs
front/rear Camaro fill-ins
"diamond clear" corners
decals, grill
painted T-bar
a little here and a little there...

Laptop for Edit/A-tap, matching helmet, matching die-cast, hand drawn print/cartoon, and an airbrushed flaming shirt (just for sh*ts n' grins)

What would be a fair price? with 21,000 miles and obviously exceptional condition, etc...

Some of you have seen it.

Troy

Prince Valiant
09-01-2003, 11:15 PM
Hate to be the one to break it to you, but the mods have made it worth less...you may only be able to get 3500 or so for it.

On top of that, it will take a long long time to sell, with winter coming and all...

But tell you what, I'm a nice guy and I think I can help you out...I'll give you 3000 RIGHT NOW for it and you won't have to go through all that hassle of trying to sell it... ;)

TK 14 SS
09-01-2003, 11:20 PM
Aww cool! you're one hell of a guy!:haveabeer :goof

I doubt that I'll end up selling it, but you never know.
I'd kinda like to get a Harley V-Rod as my new thing, the wife would go for that (being the chick on the back that is).

MoreTorque
09-02-2003, 01:45 AM
I debated selling my Z28 for about a year before I finally did.

Its been gone for a few weeks and I couldn't be happier. I don't have to worry about what I have to fix next or what I want to do to it next. I have money to do fun things now. With the Z... all my money went to it and literally nothing else. At times the car was fun, but everything else sucked.

If you are debating.... just sell it. Its not worth going back and forth on... if you know you can have more fun and an easier/less stressful life without it... dump it. You wont miss it.

So now I have a big Dodge Ram turbo diesel. I have my pleasure vehicle and my winterbeater all wrapped up in one awesome package. :thumbsup

Crawlin
09-02-2003, 08:38 AM
Damn Troy!! Well, i've debated upon the same thing. But this is my hobby, this is my life. The one thing to remember is, that no matter what you have to drive/play with, ALL OF US, will still be here to hang out and have fun with. Good luck with your decision, but don't get a VROD :) get a real harley :)

Chris

PS- IMHO, it'd be better to part out certain things to get some money back. Like the seats, if you still have the stock leathers, put those in and sell the seats. Car is worth the same with the stock leather as it is with the Corbeau's. If you don't have the stock leathers, I have my stock dark grey leather's i'd trade with you plus some cash to give to you :) Might be interested in some other parts as well ;)

animal
09-02-2003, 09:00 AM
On that same note, I'd say if you have the stock rims, and you're trying to sell it, put them back on. That really goes for any other cosmetic mods you have as well. Not everyone shares taste, and would actually give you less than normal since they'd have to change some things around.

I'm not at all cutting down your car or what you did to it. I personally think it looks sweet, but just a pointer if you're trying to get the most for it.

Crawlin
09-02-2003, 06:06 PM
yep, i agree with animal. the car as it sits, has to appeal to a performance enthusiast. whereas if it were returned to stock as much as possible, it appeals to even a woman driver that may like 'em. I look to my father as an example of this. Would he like your car, yes. Would he BUY your car, no, because it isn't his taste. But he DID buy a different 2001 SS that was slightly modded. But it was 95% stock. That's all he wanted. The less mods, the great market available.

Chris