PDA

View Full Version : Ufc 79

Flicktitty
12-28-2007, 04:09 PM
Anyone getting the UFC PPV Tomarrow night? Or know of a place in the Milwaukee area that will be showing them? wouldn't mind watching some fighting. lmk.

Karps TA
12-28-2007, 05:15 PM
Muskego Gateway Entertainment Complex, right off of Racine Ave and Hwy 43 always has the PPV's on.

Plus theres usually some good looking women there too.

oneslowcamino
12-28-2007, 09:15 PM
Liddell vs. Silva should be a good fight

GHOSST
12-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Liddell vs. Silva should be a good fight You betcha

Smokey1226
12-28-2007, 10:09 PM
+1...I like silva

oneslowcamino
12-29-2007, 12:04 AM
+ 1 gsp
+ 1 Silva

Flicktitty
12-29-2007, 01:43 AM
So where can i watch this?

stowsea
12-29-2007, 01:49 AM
Since when do you watch MMA nick?
hooters in janesville, im going! cant wait for the fights
My Fantasy Draft is
Hughes
Silva
Sokoudjou

stowsea
12-29-2007, 01:53 AM
btw cant wait for

UFC 80 - see how kendall grove does
UFC Fight Night - SWICK is back, where the hell did he go?
UFC 81 - Frank Mir and Brock Lesnar, should be good
UFC 82 - Anderson Silva and Dan henderson, going to be a good fight

twirkin50
12-29-2007, 11:30 AM
Liddell vs. Silva should be a good fight

Should be some awesome fights!!! Can't wait. We are having a bunch of people over for a UFC Fight Night!

I wanted it to be Hughes and Serra, but GSP seems pretty intent on ending this 1-1 match up. I am pretty undecided on both fights.

Yooformula
12-29-2007, 11:41 AM
I like GSP alot but I hope Matt hughes crushes him and gets back to winning fashion especially with wins over Penn and Sera.

I really dont see Liddel winning this match up btw.

1fast2litre
12-29-2007, 11:55 AM
The Sin Bin on 39th & National is a mma bar they always show the fights for free and alot of fighters show up to watch, Red Schafer and Duke Roufus hang out there :thumbsup

GHOSST
12-29-2007, 02:10 PM
We always get stuff like this for free here on base.. I got a buddy whos taking a date to it because its free, lol.

spooln30
12-29-2007, 02:18 PM
Are all Hooters having UFC tonight????

Deggy
12-29-2007, 02:24 PM
Romines on 27th st and College ave im sure will have it on.

Flicktitty
12-29-2007, 02:35 PM
i'll have to call some places, i'd go out to hooters in J-Ville, but i'm up in Milwaukee already, i watch it from time to time, just wouldn't mind watching tonights PPV.

moels
12-29-2007, 07:21 PM
I just set it to order and record. I quit getting the PPV's but this looks to be a pretty good card, so I caved and bought it. lol

flyin_blue_egg
12-29-2007, 10:35 PM
so who the the liddel/silva match???

Lash
12-29-2007, 11:07 PM
************************SPOILER BELOW!!!!!!!************

Chuck by decision.

I don't understand the sudden hate in the last year or so on Chuck either. The guy loses 2 fights and everbody wants to talk about how bad he sucks. The history of his fights does not lie. If you say how bad he sucks....then it's a must that you go down his list of wins and say that EVERY fighter on there sucks as well.
He IS and ALWAYS will be in the top fighters......and tonight proves it.

Lash
12-29-2007, 11:08 PM
My Fantasy Draft is
Hughes
Silva
Sokoudjou

Sucks for you....

0-2 so far

Soon to be 0-3

Lash
12-29-2007, 11:13 PM
Oh...

Clementi is my new hero. What he did to Melvin was hillarious. That punk ***** can't take the taste of his own medicine.

tbarsch
12-29-2007, 11:15 PM
-Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva

Round 1: Good first round. Early on, Liddell had Silva hurt with a punch. He went in to finish but Silva stunned him back. That would happen a few times in the round as Liddell would rock Silva with a shot but when he went in to finish up, Silva would swing like a mad-man and almost always connect with something to earn Liddell's respect. You get the feeling Liddell is going to catch Silva eventually and knock him out. We'll see!

Round 2: Silva starts the round off wild and stuns Liddell a bit with some punches that snuck through his defense. Silva again stuns Liddell with wild punches. Good left hook from Silva. Good right from Silva. Silva is opening up more than he did in the first round - Liddell the opposite ...so far. Good body kick from Silva. Leg kick from Silva. Liddell went down, Mike Goldberg called it a slip - I was typing when it happened. He got up quickly though so and is clear-headed so it's irrelevant. Silva lands a good shot. Silva caught Liddell and this time he definitely dropped him. Liddell got up quick though and Silva gave him respect in not bull-rushing in like you'd expect. Jab by Liddell jerks Silva's head back. Liddell with a big left that has Silva backing up. Silva is bleeding bad out of his right eye. Liddell looking to knock Silva out, landing big punches but Silva always swings back immediately and gets his respect. Man I wish this was a five round fight. Good right from Silva and now Chuck is bleeding. Silva is going berzerker mode but Liddell lands a big right. Liddell again has Silva hurt bad but Silva swings like crazy some more. Liddell takes Silva down and the round ends. Great round. Wow.

Round 3: Liddell goes immediately for the takedown in round three and gets it with ease. I did not see that coming. They quickly work back to their feet though. Silva with a big punch that finds the mark. Silva with a head kick that's partially blocked by Liddell. Silva with a good punch. Jab from Liddell. "Lots of time remains." - Mike Goldberg with 3:05 on the clock in the third round. If you say so. Leg kick from Silva. Spinning back fist from Liddell and Silva is hurt. Liddell goes to finish and Silva is swinging like a mad man but Liddell looks to have him this time. Liddell is tee'ing off on Silva. He backs up and looks at the clock. I thought we had a Henderson knockout set-up coming with that spinning back fist. Both guys look tired, breathing heavy out of their mouth and dropping their hands every so often. Good right hand by Silva. Liddell again looks at the clock on the big screen. Both guys are definitely tired with 45 seconds left. Silva misses with a big overhand right. Liddell takes Silva down with 17 seconds left to likely secure the final round and the fight as a whole. He does nothing on top and stands up a second before the horn sounds. Liddell should have this one.

Chuck Liddell def. Wanderlei Silva via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27) after 3 Rounds.

Lash
12-29-2007, 11:39 PM
Sucks for you....

0-2 so far

Soon to be 0-3

And thats what you call "money" folks.

All on 30 days notice. :)

That was complete ownage by GSP.

That was more than likely the last fight for Hughes as well.

tbarsch
12-29-2007, 11:40 PM
Fight #10:
-Matt Hughes vs. Georges St. Pierre (Interim WW Title)

Round 1: GSP looks crisp and sharp with strikes here in round one. Good leg kicks from GSP. GSP gets a takedown with ease. GSP is in Hughes' full guard. Hughes opens his guard and is looking for submissions. GSP with some good punches inside Hughes' guard. GSP passes to half-guard. Two minutes remaining in round one. Good elbow from GSP. Mixture of "GSP" and "USA" chants in the crowd here in round one. GSP again passes to half-guard shortly after Hughes' retained full guard. GSP landing some heavy shots from half guard. Hughes is just holding on for dear life now and GSP is just slamming Hughes down trying to get him to break his hands. He's slamming him repeatedly trying to break Hughes' grip. GSP getting warned a few times for hitting in the back of the head. GSP breaks Hughes' grip loose and is punching away to close out the round. Hughes rolls and GSP takes Hughes' back. He goes for an armbar as the horn sounds. 10-9 GSP.

Round 2: In between rounds Jeremy Horn tells Hughes "you're alright" as Hughes replies, "I know" with complete confidence. Not sure why, he did nothing in round one. GSP easily takes Hughes down again. So much for Hughes going back to his wrestling roots, huh? GSP in Hughes' full guard and Hughes is opening the guard and moving his hips every once in a while looking for something. GSP passes to half guard. GSP warned for nearly thumbing Hughes in the eye. Looked unintentional as GSP's face was covered by Hughes' arm as he had his hand covering Hughes' mouth. Big "GSP" chant from the whole crowd. GSP stacks up as Hughes has him in his full guard. GSP settles back in and throws a few little punches. GSP passes to half guard again. GSP breaks loose and gets full mount. Hughes rolls and GSP has his back again, this time with just under two minutes left. Hughes breaks away but GSP quickly transitions and is on top of Hughes again trying to flatten him down to his back as they're stacked against the cage. Hughes switches and has GSP's legs looking for a takedown with GSP's back against the cage. One minute left in the round. Hughes with some knees to the body. GSP with a big throw-takedown and lands in full side control with 30 seconds left in the round. GSP puts a leg over Hughes head and is working on an arm. He has an armbar with only a few seconds left and GSP gets the tap out for the victory.

Georges St. Pierre def. Matt Hughes via Submission (armbar) at 4:54 of Round 2 to become the Interim UFC Welterweight champion.

Flicktitty
12-30-2007, 01:30 AM
Thanks for the updates guys!

SBC-Fox
12-30-2007, 01:55 AM
all i gotta say is liddell ftmfw and hughes all though one of my favorites its time to retire or step up the game

Yooformula
12-30-2007, 02:21 AM
wow. great updates but wow. I think its time for Matt to move on back to farming. His MMA window was great but I believe its done for him. When the wrestler gets out-wrestled by the striker, I think you are done.

Z28Envy
12-30-2007, 02:58 AM
GSP looked awesome! I was very impressed by how well he handle Hughes. I was glad the the GSP/Hughes fight was exciting after the Liddell/Silva fight. I was expecting more out of Silva. I guess Silva respected Liddells power and didn't come in on him as hard as I thought he was going to!

Lash
12-30-2007, 10:16 AM
When the wrestler gets out-wrestled by the striker, I think you are done.

I don't know why everybody thinks GSP is purely a striker.

5 of his 15 wins have come by submission....while 6 have come from K.O.

He is well rounded in EVERYTHING!!!!

spooln30
12-30-2007, 12:09 PM
Here you guys go!!!!!!
http://www.thaplace2be.com/HughesVsStPierre3.html
Later Keith

oneslowcamino
12-30-2007, 03:10 PM
It looks like its time for some one to retire, and I'm not talking about GSP. Does any body have a clip of the liddell fight?

Yooformula
12-30-2007, 04:48 PM
I don't know why everybody thinks GSP is purely a striker.

5 of his 15 wins have come by submission....while 6 have come from K.O.

He is well rounded in EVERYTHING!!!!

well because Hughes is a world class olympic and collegiate wrestler. Yeah, GSP is effecient at bjj and has a great gnp but Hughes is a born wrestler not usually known for striking.

stowsea
01-02-2008, 01:37 PM
It looks like its time for some one to retire, and I'm not talking about GSP. Does any body have a clip of the liddell fight?

did you read the thread? the link is right above your post

oneslowcamino
01-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Sorry I'm retarded I only saw the Hughes vs. GSP fight that was at the top of the page. Thanks for pointing that out.