PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Mods?

xxsn0blindxx
12-28-2007, 09:46 AM
I just got a silver PS2 slim for christmas and want to know the best way to go about modding it to play backups of the games I purchased legally :thumbsup

I've found a few things online for softmodding but they look pretty hacked. There are a million mod chips out there, but I don't know which is good and what's the easiest to install. I'd prefer not to do any soldering, are there any solderless mod chips or something that can just be plugged into the memory card slot?

07ROUSHSTG3
12-28-2007, 10:15 AM
i tried modding my ps2 and messed it up. ended up just forking out the cash for a modded one from some company in canada. i do not think that there was a mod chip that went into the memory card slot. i know when i was looking, the only option was to solder the chip in.

Myles
12-28-2007, 11:06 AM
http://www.modchip.com/ps2/magickeys38order.php

thats what i have for my ps2, you have to use the swap disc, but you wont **** something up if you solder it wrong.

xxsn0blindxx
12-28-2007, 12:46 PM
That looks like the soft-modding method of loading .elf files and then they have some fancy pieces for defeating the open cover detectors. I might have to try making my own disks and doing the exploit method.