PDA

View Full Version : What's needed to play online?

Brian98GTP
12-28-2007, 09:15 AM
I know this thread has been started before, but I think it was lost with the server crash.

I will be buying a 360 soon, and would like to know what is all needed to play online.
I have cable internet if that helps. :durr

Thanks!

Brian

moels
12-28-2007, 09:28 AM
Hook the system up to your modem or router and get xbox Live and go to town.

Brian98GTP
12-28-2007, 09:44 AM
Woops... I guess I just didnt look hard enough. :durr

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23919

So PS3 is free to play online, but I have to pay a monthly fee to play online for Xbox?

Whats considered to be the better system?

wikked
12-28-2007, 10:12 AM
Woops... I guess I just didnt look hard enough. :durr

http://www.brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23919

So PS3 is free to play online, but I have to pay a monthly fee to play online for Xbox?

Whats considered to be the better system?

Yes, there's a monthly fee for the 360.

The PS3 is superior by far technology-wise.

360 has a superior user base, and only a slightly better game library (for now), because it has been out longer.

A comparable 360 is also WAY more expensive than the PS3...
----------------------------------
Xbox 360 Elite = $399
Wireless Adapter = $100
Xbox Live Account = $50yr
HD-DVD drive to match PS3 Blue Ray (Minus the fact that the 360 will never be able to have HD-DVD games) = $100
Total Cost not including tax = $649
----------------------------------
PS3 40gb = $399
Wireless = built in, $0
Online play = free, $0
Blu-Ray player = built in, $0
Total Cost not including tax = $399

Not factoring in the likely event that you will get the infamous "red rings of death" on the 360 and end up costing you another $100+ for a fix.

The price gap will only widen, as you pay for Live year after year.

I'm not a PS3 fanboy, but I'm just sick of the braggers saying how much better the 360 is, when they have no idea what "better" is, and only say that because the user base/game library is much bigger/better. :rolleyes:

Yea the PS3 doesn't have many decent "exclusive" games yet... but they're coming, to the tune of 150+ in the works.
The games everyone are playing on 360 are available on PS3 anyway, CoD4, Uncharted, Assassin's Creed, Burnout Paradise, blah blah etc.

If you're an RPG fan, there is not even a choice. Sony will have tons of JRPG's coming.

The BCM userbase is obviously 360, and you will have familiar people to play online with more often.

Cliff Notes:
I'd get both :P

Myles
12-28-2007, 11:08 AM
Cliff Notes:
I'd get both :P

Bingo

Brian98GTP
12-28-2007, 11:44 AM
Thanks for all the good info!! :thumbsup