PDA

View Full Version : I drove my 442

Rocket Power
08-30-2003, 11:12 PM
Well it was only about 30 feet, I just needed to move it. The rednecked wiring made it fun to start. I had to pull on the extention cord they used for extending the starter wires then start it ,then it would die, repeat the above steps 4 or 5 times.
:goof
I guess I am sorta post whoring but we haven't had a new post in a few days here. LOL:thumbsup :nutkick :banana

PB86MCSS
08-30-2003, 11:51 PM
Sweet. Yea this forum was in need of a new thread :D.

That sounds like one hell of a hack wiring job. So you going to be doing a motor swap to it soon I take it? :party:

Rocket Power
08-31-2003, 12:35 PM
Yeah pretty soon. As soon as I can find my motivation, it seems my laziness is making it hard to find. LOL
I have to straighten out the garage first so I have a place for the 305 to go, till my brother needs it. I think I should make him buy an engine stand, or at least a cart of some sort;)

With my luck I'll lunch that 2004r in the first 5 min.:3gears:

Although I should take it easy since the 461 only has cam break in time on it. So maybe the trans will last 500 mi of break-in miles:goof

PB86MCSS
08-31-2003, 03:41 PM
Just take her easy and maybe shell last awhile...of course asking to take it easy with a 461 prolly wont be too realistic :D.

If you need a good source for a 2004r builder the man to see is in Mundelein, Illinois. A bit south of the border NW of Chicago. Got my LS's re-done there and many many WI/IL guys go there for 2004r work, mostly Turbo Buick guys among others. Or just Richmond 6 speed it :p.

I cant wait to swap out my 305 in the SS!

Rocket Power
08-31-2003, 08:35 PM
Well I found a hint of motivation. I pulled the hood and the accessories off the 305. And I am spent:drool: LOL!

Actually I need to find something other than my garage floor to empty coolant into.

Here's a pic of the nice extention they made for the starter wires:rolleyes:
http://home.wi.rr.com/oldsmobile/images/redneckwiring.jpg

BadAzzGTA89
08-31-2003, 11:51 PM
Good to hear the 442 in progress :thumbsup I do know a guy who owns a tranny shop here and does kick ass work it is A&A transmissions and it's on 24th and stpaul ask for Bobby

Rocket Power
09-01-2003, 11:14 AM
Well hopefully between me driving nicely and having not too wide of street tires(less traction) the trans will last a while.