PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wii - Virtual Console

michelle
12-27-2007, 04:14 PM
For those with a Wii, I wanted to get a game on VC because I am bored with Sports, Play, and GT (well not bored, but I suck at it). Anybody download any and used them with the Wii remote? I guess some work on the remote and others do not. I am not a big video game kind of girl, so I don't even know what older Nintendo games were fun. I am guessing Mario, but there are different versions too.

Thanks!

Syclone0044
12-27-2007, 05:25 PM
When you browse the Wii Shop Channel it shows a logo on the details of each game to say which controllers (Wii Remote, GameCube, Classic Controller) are compatible with the game.

Mario 3 is a great classic game if you're into classic platform "jump and hit coins" side scrollers. Super Mario World is the same way.

What about renting some Wii games from blockbuster - thats a good way to find out what type of game you like without a lot of risk.

michelle
12-27-2007, 05:28 PM
What about renting some Wii games from blockbuster - thats a good way to find out what type of game you like without a lot of risk.

Didn't know that was an option. I'll have to check out the local Blockbuster tomorrow - thanks! (:

Syclone0044
12-27-2007, 05:31 PM
My favorites are Super Mario Galaxy and Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz. When I first saw Super Monkey Ball it was some of the most fun I've had on a video game in the last 5 years!! It's basically a game where you tilt the controller to roll a ball through goofy 3D mazes, kind of like one of those wooden "Labyrinth" marble games, but on steroids. It really flexes the Wii's muscle.