PDA

View Full Version : Week-17 pick-em: LAST WEEK!

Prince Valiant
12-27-2007, 12:47 PM
And don't forget...EVERYONE is welcome to participate at anytime...even on a lark.

Fairly erractic results last week...as were expected. Good results from Boss and Lilproshow.

week 16 results:
Boss-13
lilproshow-12
4eyed-11
cruisin-11
me-10
brian-10
Anakonda-10
Karp-9
lash-9
deggy-8

Combine with week 15:
lilproshow-23
Me-21
4eyed-21
cruisin-21
Karp-20
Brian-19
Lash-18
Deggy-15
Boss-13
01camaro-10
Anakonda-10

This weeks games:
Saturday, December 29
NE @ NYG
Sunday, December 30
SEA @ ATL
DET @ GB
SF @ CLE
JAC @ HOU
CAR @ TB
BUF @ PHI
NO @ CHI
CIN @ MIA
DAL @ WAS
KC @ NYJ
STL @ ARI
SD @ OAK
MIN @ DEN
PIT @ BAL
TEN @ IND

My picks:
Saturday, December 29
NE @ NYG-Can NE attain perfection? Are they SO good that no one scores an upset all year? History says no. Look at some DAMN dominating teams of past years and they all trip up at ONE point in the season (85 bears were JUST as dominating, yet they found a way to lose to a strong MIA tema). NE playing in front of a tough crowd that loves to hate them, in possibly some bad weather that can dampen the sharpness of the spread offense certainly does suggest that it's possible to be upset...however, despite their showing against a medicore and inconssistent bills team, the NYG are just too inconssistent and don't have the manpower to pick.
Sunday, December 30
SEA @ ATL- Despite the close one last week, I say ATL mails it in.
DET @ GB- Might it go as I predicted that the pack only goes .500 in conference? I don't think so, but only they can prevent it.
SF @ CLE- Disappointing results against a hated rival bring out the best in CLE this week. They NEED it.
JAC @ HOU-Jacksonville style BBQ (IE spicy vinegar/salt based) >*
CAR @ TB-Bad teams, as proved last week, can upset TB...but at home, they are a much more potent, focused team.
BUF @ PHI-PHI strings together some impressive wins to end the season...beating DAL was an accomplishment. NO and BUF, not so much.
NO @ CHI- CHI swept the pack. They are happy as a pig in mud now...NO doesn't have the personel to win on the road in bad weather.
CIN @ MIA- I had picked MIA. Wrote a reason and everything...then I came to my senses. Carson Palmer can't let them lose to a team this bad.
DAL @ WAS- WAS controls it's own fate now...while they play a tough team, they play them at home, in bad weather. It's an upset pick, and not the wisest one, but one I think they pull off.
KC @ NYJ- KC really tanked as the year played on. They aren't AS bad as their record indicates. NYJ though, might as well be.
STL @ ARI- I actually think this will be a good game...albeit, a good game b/w medicore teams. ARI plays better than they are, as proved by their inconsistency. STL is better than their record indicates imo, probably a touch better than ARI...ARI however has proven to be most consistent at home, so they are the safer pick.
SD @ OAK- Does Russel get some snaps? Naw...SD defense, while not great, can rattle him and shake his confidence. OAK showed fits of talent, but never on a consistent basis. I think they are slowly turning it around, with about 25% of the pieces needed to win in the future...but SD overwhelms them here.
MIN @ DEN-MN really is the smarter pick here...but this is my upset pick. MN TANKED last week. They looked lost and confused. Suddenly they looked like that 3-6 team of very recent memory. Denver, while blown-out last week, pulls one out in front of the home crowd.
PIT @ BAL- Besides Yoo, who cares? This should be considered a bye week for PIT.
TEN @ IND-TN has proven to be scrappy...they just haven't proven to be good enough to upset really good teams.

Brian98GTP
12-27-2007, 02:28 PM
Saturday, December 29
NE @ NYG !!!!!!!!
Sunday, December 30
SEA @ ATL
DET @ GB
SF @ CLE
JAC @ HOU
CAR @ TB
BUF @ PHI
NO @ CHI
CIN @ MIA
DAL @ WAS
KC @ NYJ
STL @ ARI
SD @ OAK
MIN @ DEN
PIT @ BAL
TEN @ IND

Brian98GTP
12-27-2007, 02:33 PM
Chris, for the playoffs.... are you planning on doing a 'per week picks', or just a 'one time deal fill out the brackets' type thing..?
I'm thinking the bracket thing to decide the true winner.
Just wondering.....

Thanks again for doing this. :haveabeer

lit666
12-27-2007, 03:46 PM
Saturday, December 29
NE @ NYG
Sunday, December 30
SEA @ ATL
DET @ GB
SF @ CLE
JAC @ HOU
CAR @ TB
BUF @ PHI
NO @ CHI
CIN @ MIA
DAL @ WAS
KC @ NYJ
STL @ ARI
SD @ OAK
MIN @ DEN
PIT @ BAL
TEN @ IND

Anakonda69
12-27-2007, 05:39 PM
Saturday, December 29
NE @ NYG
Sunday, December 30
SEA @ ATL
DET @ GB
SF @ CLE
JAC @ HOU
CAR @ TB
BUF @ PHI
NO @ CHI
CIN @ MIA
DAL @ WAS
KC @ NYJ
STL @ ARI
SD @ OAK
MIN @ DEN
PIT @ BAL
TEN @ IND

LIL_PRO_SHOW_SS
12-28-2007, 01:34 PM
Saturday, December 29
NE @ NYG i think the patriots will stay undefeated
Sunday, December 30
SEA @ ATL
DET @ GB
SF @ CLE
JAC @ HOU
CAR @ TB
BUF @ PHI
NO @ CHI
CIN @ MIA
DAL @ WAS
KC @ NYJ
STL @ ARI
SD @ OAK
MIN @ DEN
PIT @ BAL
TEN @ IND

LIL_PRO_SHOW_SS
12-28-2007, 01:36 PM
thanks chris for doing this for us..i hope that i win this week so that i can stay in first place...i hope we are going to do a playoff bracket and see who is the real winner

Flicktitty
12-28-2007, 04:08 PM
THESE ARE THE PICKS FOR CRUSIN240HATCH

This weeks games:
Saturday, December 29
NE
Sunday, December 30
SEA
GB
CLE
JAC
TB
PHI
NO
CIN
DAL
KC
ARI
SD
MIN
PIT
IND

Prince Valiant
12-28-2007, 08:35 PM
Well, since they reseed after the first round games we can't do a bracket....but there are couple things we'll do:

1. Straight up pick 'em...as we usually do.
2. Predicted bracket...sure, they reseed, but how accurate can you see the whole bracket playing out? Maybe assign points to each round you accurately get.

The reseed happens like this though: Highest seed always plays the lowest seed, so on and so forth. So should a 3rd seed get upset, the winner would likely play the number 1 seed versus the number 2 seed that would have otherwise resulted....so you can see why we can't do the whole bracket like NCAA tourney or what not...

Deggy
12-28-2007, 08:43 PM
Saturday, December 29
NYG :thumbsup
Sunday, December 30
SEA
GB
CLE
JAC
TB
PHI
NO
MIA
WAS
NYJ
STL
SD
MIN
BAL
IND

BOSS LX
12-29-2007, 01:05 AM
This weeks games:
Saturday, December 29
NE @ NYG
Sunday, December 30
SEA @ ATL
DET @ GB (I think GB will loose, but Still gotta pick them):thumbsup
SF @ CLE
JAC @ HOU
CAR @ TB
BUF @ PHI
NO @ CHI
CIN @ MIA
DAL @ WAS
KC @ NYJ
STL @ ARI
SD @ OAK
MIN @ DEN
PIT @ BAL
TEN @ IND

blackhorse
12-29-2007, 11:09 AM
This weeks games:
Saturday, December 29
NE @ NYG (upset pick)
Sunday, December 30
SEA @ ATL
DET @ GB (There is no way we loose two in a row)
SF @ CLE
JAC @ HOU
CAR @ TB
BUF @ PHI
NO @ CHI
CIN @ MIA
DAL @ WAS
KC @ NYJ
STL @ ARI
SD @ OAK
MIN @ DEN
PIT @ BAL
TEN @ IND

Karps TA
12-29-2007, 05:26 PM
Ne

Sea
Gb
Cle
Jac
Car
Buf
Chi
Cin
Was
Nyj
Ari
Sd
Den
Bal
Ind

DirtyMax
12-29-2007, 06:35 PM
Saturday, December 29
NE @ NYG
Sunday, December 30
SEA @ ATL
DET @ GB
SF @ CLE
JAC @ HOU
CAR @ TB
BUF @ PHI
NO @ CHI
CIN @ MIA
DAL @ WAS
KC @ NYJ
STL @ ARI
SD @ OAK
MIN @ DEN
PIT @ BAL
TEN @ IND

LIL_PRO_SHOW_SS
12-30-2007, 08:21 PM
nice job Karps TA:thumbsup:thumbsup on winning this week of football picks even though the last game isn't over i looked it up on nfl.com and took all the close people to me and found out what the rusults where it ends up that you won by one pick if i did everthing correctly.....so nice job is what i'm saying....i hope too win the picks of the playoffs......on some of my picks i maade some dumb decision like having DALLAS win against washington i don't know why i picked dallas.....oh welll there is always next time and a new season to come i hope the patriots win the super bowl they are my pick to win.....my pick who ireally wnat to win is out the colts had a good season but they will not end up making it to the super bowl thanks to te patriots.......once again thanks chris for doing this for us i really appreciate it thanks i had a lot of fun.....i'm happy to tie with you chris for second place it was fun to do this it took my mind of of having nothing to do for the weeks i was in this...i'm surprised that the packers beat the lions by that much this week