12.5 quarts of oil!

Breecher_7
12-25-2007, 06:16 PM
12.5 quarts of oil!

Need to take out a loan to change the oil on that *****..... :alcoholic

07ROUSHSTG3
12-25-2007, 09:54 PM
man, I cant read enough about that car! Thanks for the post :thumbsup

i agree! i cannot wait to see some testing of this car, would even take a few sound clips to hold me over until then:drool::drool::drool:

hrsp
12-25-2007, 10:56 PM
i already ordered one....

6forwardgears
12-26-2007, 08:48 AM
i agree! i cannot wait to see some testing of this car, would even take a few sound clips to hold me over until then:drool::drool::drool:

There is a soundclip of it over at videos.streetfire.net ... sounds amazing for a factory produced GM :drool:

lilws6
12-26-2007, 09:04 AM
it that a 6.2 liter diesel??? 12.5 qrts god where do you fit an oil pan that big on that car

6forwardgears
12-26-2007, 09:12 AM
it that a 6.2 liter diesel??? 12.5 qrts god where do you fit an oil pan that big on that car

It has a dry sump oiling system so it's all in a big reservoir under the hood :thumbsup

Heat Seeker WS6
12-26-2007, 05:43 PM
I'd love to hear that car side by side with one of the C6-R LeMans Vettes

Al
12-26-2007, 06:21 PM
It has a dry sump oiling system so it's all in a big reservoir under the hood :thumbsup

I think it is under the right fender.

Windsors 03 Cobra
12-26-2007, 06:47 PM
That is going to be an amazing car, I am glad they are calling it a ZR1.

Heat Seeker WS6
12-26-2007, 06:51 PM
That is going to be an amazing car, I am glad they are calling it a ZR1.

ZR1 still KING Of The HILL!:headbang:headbang

Windsors 03 Cobra
12-26-2007, 07:46 PM
When did that RPO first appear on a corvette ? Was the POS 32v LT5 the first ZR1 or was the alloy 427 in the 60's a ZR1 ?

6forwardgears
12-26-2007, 07:57 PM
When did that RPO first appear on a corvette ? Was the POS 32v LT5 the first ZR1 or was the alloy 427 in the 60's a ZR1 ?

No, that was the ZL1 I think :headbang

Deggy
12-26-2007, 08:02 PM
No, that was the ZL1 I think :headbang

i think there was a ZR1 prior to this one, i tried googling to find it but can't seem to come up with any results other than this 2009 ZR1.

Would anyone like to see them bring the Stringray back for 1 year?

Windsors 03 Cobra
12-26-2007, 09:05 PM
I just did some reading as well, the ZL1 alloy 427 was only put in 2 Corvettes and 69 Camaros apparently.

The C4 ZR1 90-95.
Some love these, not really my cup of tea.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/6b/GMLT5.JPG/800px-GMLT5.JPG

Karps TA
12-26-2007, 09:11 PM
I have a real hard time caring that much about this car. Now had GM come out with a great performance car under $30K that I could actually afford, I'd be pretty damn excited. But for rich people to have another toy, ehh. I mean since usually people say "Got a small penis, buy a Corvette" Exactly how small of a penis is this car targeted at? lol

Syclone0044
12-27-2007, 03:12 AM
I agree with you 100% Karps TA (as usual). I just didn't want to piss on anyone's parade. But yeah - who on this board has the money to even consider a $100K ZR1?

Heat Seeker WS6
12-27-2007, 09:54 AM
Obviously its not a practical car for just 'anyone' to go out & buy just like the C4 ZR1. But its cool to see that GM went about making it anyways 'because they could.":thumbsup

Well, they do have the GTO and the Camaro is around the corner & you can find C5 Z06's are in the mid 20's. And the 'family guy' can get the CTS-V to haul the kids & groceries around in:D

07ROUSHSTG3
12-27-2007, 10:03 AM
Obviously its not a practical car for just 'anyone' to go out & buy just like the C4 ZR1. But its cool to see that GM went about making it anyways 'because they could.":thumbsup

Well, they do have the GTO and the Camaro is around the corner & you can find C5 Z06's are in the mid 20's. And the 'family guy' can get the CTS-V to haul the kids & groceries around in:D

exactly!

gm has enough other things around that they can come out with a 100K car and not have to worry about stirring the pot of potential customers.

Karps TA
12-27-2007, 10:16 AM
I guess. Although you're talking alot of used cars there. Hop on a GM dealer lot right now and tell me what I can buy under $30K that is even close to exciting. I get why auto mfgs do flagship cars, and they are neat and all. I'd just like to see something affordable come out.

I still don't understand why GM couldn't have put atleast some nicer seats in the car. Would adding some Recaro's really made the price that much different? You don't see Porsche putting the same seats in the top line 911 as they do in the Boxster.

ffvetteman
12-27-2007, 10:25 AM

I'll let the POS comment slide this time you tard.

The aluminum 427 in the late 60's and early 70's was the ZL-1.

The ZR-1 RPO first appeared in I think it was 1970 on the Vette as more of a suspension/performance package. It was very limited as only a handful were made. Ill dig up the facts when I get a chance. It was not tagged on the car or anything like that, but was a check off box for one year only as a group performance package.

Then the 90-95 ZR-1 was another special performance option as they called it where 69XX were made through all 6 years.

Those were the only time ZR-1 was used by GM in the past.

07ROUSHSTG3
12-27-2007, 10:25 AM
I still don't understand why GM couldn't have put atleast some nicer seats in the car. Would adding some Recaro's really made the price that much different? You don't see Porsche putting the same seats in the top line 911 as they do in the Boxster.

would be nice to see some recaros in there, but i don;t think that anyone looking at buying the thing will care. either it will be sunday driving by some old geezer who does not know what a recaro seat is, or it will be track prepped with the owner pulling the stock seats anyway?!?!

ffvetteman
12-27-2007, 10:27 AM
would be nice to see some recaros in there, but i don;t think that anyone looking at buying the thing will care. either it will be sunday driving by some old geezer who does not know what a recaro seat is, or it will be track prepped with the owner pulling the stock seats anyway?!?!

Or 15 years later people like me will finally be able to afford one and will buy a used one!!!

Prince Valiant
12-27-2007, 10:53 AM
I can't wait to see track testing and comparisons when it comes out...

Heat Seeker WS6
12-27-2007, 10:54 AM

And also agreed with.
If that car's going to be 'driven' anyways, that stock seat's good as gone and a Recaro or Corbeau is going in thats going to be suited for that particular driver & thier driving- not the general masses looking for general comfort. GM still has to have this car comfortable for anyone driving it.

Windsors 03 Cobra
12-27-2007, 10:54 AM
I agree with you 100% Karps TA (as usual). I just didn't want to piss on anyone's parade. But yeah - who on this board has the money to even consider a $100K ZR1?

The people who spend $50k on a daily driven truck ? The people who spend 10 grand on a snowmobile, the people who spend $300k on a house ?
Surely a few of those folks are here ?

07ROUSHSTG3
12-27-2007, 12:21 PM
The people who spend $50k on a daily driven truck ? The people who spend 10 grand on a snowmobile, the people who spend $300k on a house ?

banks are always looking for good people to lend money to! cash out the 401k or refinance the house! plenty of options out there!

Syclone0044
12-27-2007, 03:30 PM
I don't think you can take out a 30 (or 40) year loan on a ZR1 like you can on a house.

But I guess we'll have to wait a year or so and we can see how many of these $100,000 ZR1s we see on HWY 100 or in the Milwaukee area. The Viper has some huge HP but you hardly see any of those either, I'm not aware of any BCM members with one of the 505ci Vipers.

Different subject but - if the "505 HP" Z06 can run high 10s in a best case scenario, what can a ZR1 do with 100+ more HP? I bet someone will try to run 9s with a nearly-stock ZR1. Might take slicks and a pulley/tune to do it.

Windsors 03 Cobra
12-27-2007, 03:42 PM
run 9s with a nearly-stock ZR1. Might take slicks and a pulley/tune to do it.

That sounds nice. :thumbsup

Karps TA
12-27-2007, 04:47 PM
And also agreed with.
If that car's going to be 'driven' anyways, that stock seat's good as gone and a Recaro or Corbeau is going in thats going to be suited for that particular driver & thier driving- not the general masses looking for general comfort. GM still has to have this car comfortable for anyone driving it.

See but I think you're wrong there. Have you seen the episode of Test Drive where they test the current Z06? They ask the question why is the Vette X amount of dollars less the a Ferrari that performs the same or even worse then the Vette on the track. Then they go on to talk about how unliveable the Z06 is as a daily driver. The seats suck, the stereo sucks, the transmission isn't so great, etc. They remarked that as a track only car there's nothing better. But as a street driven vehicle, it's lacking.

This new ZR1 is going to be even worse. There's going to be 3 types of people buying these. #1 the collector, who's going to put the car in a big ziplock bag and never touch it. #2 the driver, who's going to use the car as intended, and would probably pay a couple grand more to have the car exactly like the race car it pretty much is. and #3 the showoff who's never going to take it over 100mph, and probably will put it into a tree when he finally does. So of those 3 types, why not finish the car and make it truly what it is? #2 is the guy GM really wants to buy the car, so why not make it "that car"? It's like GM is building the car more for #1 then anything.

Again, makes no difference to me. I'll never own one, and if I had that kind of cash to spend I'd buy an Aston Martin or something instead anyways. Just parts of the car don't make alot of sense to me. If you're going to make a supercar, make a damn supercar.

88Nightmare
12-27-2007, 05:34 PM
deggy, you have a job to do. come up with another inane list about this corvette. can we open up the trunk on this car by pulling up on the ebrake lever? can we bump the side of this car and have it unlock the doors? :rolf

Windsors 03 Cobra
12-27-2007, 05:36 PM
they talk about how unliveable the Z06 is as a daily driver. The seats suck, the stereo sucks, the transmission isn't so great, etc. They remarked that as a track only car there's nothing better. But as a street driven vehicle, it's lacking.

That was Top Gears Jeremy Clarkson, and he's as biased as the day is long. In a car like that to complain about the stereo is just assinine, even worse is the fact that stereo and seats in the C6Z are pretty damn nice.

And yes the $70,000 C6Z was faster around Jeremys "last word" test track than the $200k Ferarri 575 and the $500k Zonda F.

Heat Seeker WS6
12-27-2007, 05:40 PM
See but I think you're wrong there. Have you seen the episode of Test Drive where they test the current Z06? They ask the question why is the Vette X amount of dollars less the a Ferrari that performs the same or even worse then the Vette on the track. Then they go on to talk about how unliveable the Z06 is as a daily driver. The seats suck, the stereo sucks, the transmission isn't so great, etc. They remarked that as a track only car there's nothing better. But as a street driven vehicle, it's lacking.

This new ZR1 is going to be even worse. There's going to be 3 types of people buying these. #1 the collector, who's going to put the car in a big ziplock bag and never touch it. #2 the driver, who's going to use the car as intended, and would probably pay a couple grand more to have the car exactly like the race car it pretty much is. and #3 the showoff who's never going to take it over 100mph, and probably will put it into a tree when he finally does. So of those 3 types, why not finish the car and make it truly what it is? #2 is the guy GM really wants to buy the car, so why not make it "that car"? It's like GM is building the car more for #1 then anything.

Again, makes no difference to me. I'll never own one, and if I had that kind of cash to spend I'd buy an Aston Martin or something instead anyways. Just parts of the car don't make alot of sense to me. If you're going to make a supercar, make a damn supercar.

:thumbsup:thumbsup What we need to do is find one of these bad boys and take it for a beat run and see how sloppy these seats really are! :thumbsup:thumbsup I know of a curvy place :banana

Karps TA
12-27-2007, 05:41 PM
I don't think he's as biased as people make him out to be. I think he's only biased to the people who are as biased as him. He looks at the complete car, not just the engine. And quite frankly if you're making car payments the size of most mortgages, I would want a complete car as well.

Karps TA
12-27-2007, 05:43 PM
:thumbsup:thumbsup What we need to do is find one of these bad boys and take it for a beat run and see how sloppy these seats really are! :thumbsup:thumbsup I know of a curvy place :banana

You find one, and I'll be there :thumbsup

Windsors 03 Cobra
12-27-2007, 05:52 PM
Jeremy also said at low revs the engine sounded like it was fueled by wrenches.

I love the Top Gear program and find him funny, and he loved the C6Z and just had to rip on it cause it was an American car, he joked about the sat nav system only being able to find hamburger joints and that the plastic bumper was flimsy.