PDA

View Full Version : Parking rant

Rocket Power
12-23-2007, 06:27 PM
How come if I park my car on the road in front of my house and forget to bring it in ONE NIGHT during the summer I have a ticket on the F-ing window. But people with plow trucks that just sit on the road in front of my house for days with no apparent permit get none . Like the roads aren't narrow enough as it is with the snow then the plowtrucks combined with other cars make it a ***** to get in and out of my f-ing driveway. I pay $4k to the city for this???

Russ Jerome
12-23-2007, 07:13 PM
YEA!

How come Im the only person who buys a parking sticker with
in 10 miles of my house, yet "I" get a ticket the one night I
park on the wrong side of the street????? Other cars sit there
on the wrong side with no sticker for days in a row with no
tickets?

GHOSST
12-23-2007, 07:27 PM
Oooo man dont get me started! I dont know how many tickets I've paid for night parking... from sleeping on it for one night! Especially at the end of the month...

Windsors 03 Cobra
12-23-2007, 07:31 PM
Its absolutely ridiculous, I am just glad I do not have to buy a parking sticker. I dont think I would own a home in an area I would have to have a sticker to park on the street.

GRAMPS SS
12-23-2007, 09:33 PM
i had the same problem when i lived in Milwaukee...i had the sticker...for got the date and left it on the wrong side of the road when i got home...woke up to that bright orange paper....but when i went out to the car...others did not have them...what is it choice to who got the ticket that night.....glad i moved out of that GOD FORSAKEN LAND OF OZ.....

Deggy
12-23-2007, 09:38 PM
i swear you guys couldnt be more right. i usually park in the driveway, but i still live at home and we have 4 cars total in the driveway...and on days that i know i gotta leave before everyone else i park on the street...but there are people up and down my block that park on the street nightly and never get a ticket, but the one night ill do it is when the ticket is on my window in the morning.

Cjburn
12-24-2007, 07:12 AM
Try this, my white trash neighbors (who rent) don't move their dead pos Astro van since October. It sits there through all the ice and snow storms. It's proximity to my driveway prevents the plow from getting a clean pass in front of my driveway. When all the snow melts it forms a huge ice lake at the bottom of my approach. I spent many hours breaking this ice lake up on several occasions. When I asked the neighbor if he could move his van, he told me he can't since it's dead. Fine, I call the police and complain that it's been there for MONTHS. They come out and just give him a warning! I see him out there that night playing with the battery, I tell him I have a battery charger if he needs to charge the battery, but he declines. Turns out, it just needs a new battery, and instead of parking it in his driveway (where he has 2 other dead cars), he parked it in the street. This ****er rents the house, doesn't mow the lawn, doesn't shovel the sidewalk or driveway, doesn't trim the bushes, and of course it's next to mine. The place looks like a complete hole (of course the only one on the block that is this disgusting). Hell, the hose off their sump pump (outside the house to bring it down to the front yard) fell off several months ago, and it's still off. There is a mini-skating rink on the side of the house now. I just want some serious foundation damage to happen, so the landlord is forced to spend some big $$$ on the home, and hopefully just sell it.

SSDude
12-24-2007, 07:15 AM
Try this, my white trash neighbors (who rent) don't move their dead pos Astro van since October. It sits there through all the ice and snow storms. It's proximity to my driveway prevents the plow from getting a clean pass in front of my driveway. When all the snow melts it forms a huge ice lake at the bottom of my approach. I spent many hours breaking this ice lake up on several occasions. When I asked the neighbor if he could move his van, he told me he can't since it's dead. Fine, I call the police and complain that it's been there for MONTHS. They come out and just give him a warning! I see him out there that night playing with the battery, I tell him I have a battery charger if he needs to charge the battery, but he declines. Turns out, it just needs a new battery, and instead of parking it in his driveway (where he has 2 other dead cars), he parked it in the street. This ****er rents the house, doesn't mow the lawn, doesn't shovel the sidewalk or driveway, doesn't trim the bushes, and of course it's next to mine. The place looks like a complete hole (of course the only one on the block that is this disgusting). Hell, the hose off their sump pump (outside the house to bring it down to the front yard) fell off several months ago, and it's still off. There is a mini-skating rink on the side of the house now. I just want some serious foundation damage to happen, so the landlord is forced to spend some big $$$ on the home, and hopefully just sell it.

The best part about Rockford is leaving:thumbsup

PB86MCSS
12-24-2007, 07:41 AM
I parked on my street overnight last night, first time in a long time....can't see if I have a ticket from here. Learning to love StAllis more and more. How much was the ticket Jamie?

CobraSnake
12-24-2007, 10:10 AM
I parked on my street overnight last night, first time in a long time....can't see if I have a ticket from here. Learning to love StAllis more and more. How much was the ticket Jamie?

they are usually like what 15 bucks. I live in milwaukee as well and I have gotton my share of tickets. Its mostly because i'm lazy. I have a 2 car garage but its a alley entrance. So some times i'm just lazy so I park in the front. Then I get tired and I forget to move it. Then I try to call it in but its after midnight. So then I decide to move it but I fall asleep on the couch. I wake up and its like 4 in the morning and I say to myself "shit I better move that damn car". But, when I go out it is already ticketed. Its a bunch of bull because we have 3 cars so my wife HAS to buy one of those permits.

Mark

Anakonda69
12-24-2007, 10:28 AM
stupid west allis tickets are $20.....glad my garage is now open for both my cars

PB86MCSS
12-24-2007, 10:58 AM
I wonder if StAllis sells permits too? Once I have both my Montes here it might be easier if the Buick gets parked on the street sometimes. Seems enough neighbors park overnight on the street here.

lordairgtar
12-24-2007, 11:48 AM

Contact the owner of the property directly. You can go to city hall to get that info. Most municipalities have regs on when the snow must be removed from the sidewalks. If getting the landlords ear doesn't work, then call the city everyday the sidewalk isn't cleared and get your fellow home owners to do the same. Persistence is the key.

Anakonda69
12-24-2007, 11:48 AM
yeah they do sell permits just like milw....monthly or quarterly

Cjburn
12-24-2007, 09:10 PM
The best part about Rockford is leaving:thumbsup

This place is no different than West Allis. Except my house was 40K less than my buddies, mine doesn't need to be remodeled, and I pay 2k less in taxes a year.

hrsp
12-24-2007, 10:03 PM
westallis are bastards when it comes to parking tickets i have 6 months of permits and if im a day late they will give me a ticket...cmon if you see that i have permits for the last 6 months cut me a break..no they just ticket ya and say FU

Rocket Power
12-24-2007, 10:27 PM
stupid west allis tickets are $20....Unless you forget about them till they go to $40:goof:fire