PDA

View Full Version : Cable box problems TWC.

Windsors 03 Cobra
12-23-2007, 11:52 AM
I moved our DVR box from the first floor to the second floor and now the HBO doesnt play, the caption box comes on the screen and says whats playing but the picture just stays black.
Tuning into HBO also seems to lock up the cable box too, or atleast make it slow to respond for a few seconds.
When it worked fine on the first floor it was hooked up after 1 splitter in the basement where the first and second floor lines split, now it is all the way at the end of the line where a splitter divides the second story line 3 ways, 1 television, 1 cable modem and now the DVR.

Anyone got any ideas ?

Ricky Bobby
12-23-2007, 12:22 PM
u dont have enough signal put it back were it was and call twc to have someone come fix it. U only want one splitter in ur house not multiple that way all outlets are equal in signal or very close, that way u can move ur box to whatever outlet u want. I work for twc so thats how i know :thumbsup

BoosTT
12-23-2007, 12:50 PM
You need a signal booster. You can buy them at radio shack, menards (best place for it), best buy, ect. The prices very greatly, try to get the most db in gain that you can.

Also make sure the cable modem is not before the signal booster, or it well really slow down your internet.

Ricky Bobby
12-23-2007, 12:58 PM
You need a signal booster. You can buy them at radio shack, menards (best place for it), best buy, ect. The prices very greatly, try to get the most db in gain that you can.

Also make sure the cable modem is not before the signal booster, or it well really slow down your internet.

WRONG!!! to much signal will mess up ur box also this is not like a car were more is better to much or to little you'll have problems

there are just so much those amps will mess up DON'T USE IT on twc equip if u have just tvs with no box's fine

Windsors 03 Cobra
12-23-2007, 05:57 PM
What a damn hassle that I gotta call a guy to move a box, I wish I could just get rid of it, my lady seems to have forgot that a VHS can still be used to record a program.
Thanks for the help Fellas.