PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Tattoo parlors in waukesha?

70challenger452
12-22-2007, 09:23 AM
Well I just turned 18 in october and I got the money to do it now, so where are some good places in Waukesha to go?

WickedSix
12-22-2007, 09:31 AM
black dragon tattoo has been rated one of the best during the body art and ink events :thumbsup

http://www.blackdragontattoo.com/

WickedSix
12-22-2007, 09:36 AM
this is where mine is gonna be done tho..... seen their work on two friends and both have said they are EXTREMELY clean

http://www.absolutetattooing.com/

lordairgtar
12-22-2007, 09:44 AM
Your eighteen, yeah, it's cool, but just think when you are in your forties or getting that real important job...your decision.

Slow Joe
12-22-2007, 09:46 AM
Your eighteen, yeah, it's cool, but just think when you are in your forties or getting that real important job...your decision.

This is what I always thought when I contemplated getting a tatoo...

SSDude
12-22-2007, 10:00 AM

Money better spent on education

What do you want to be when you grow up?

wikked
12-22-2007, 10:18 AM

Well you don't get it on your face, like Tyson :goof

wikked
12-22-2007, 10:19 AM
this is where mine is gonna be done tho..... seen their work on two friends and both have said they are EXTREMELY clean

http://www.absolutetattooing.com/

^^^ FTW!

My brother has had many tatt's done there, very good work. :thumbsup
Black Dragon is also GTG. :thumbsup

WickedSix
12-22-2007, 10:36 AM
I work in a multinational business and MANY of our engineers have tattoos....just don't get it somewhere you can't hid it for doing business type relaions and you are fine....ie no hands face/head or neck tattoos.....most responsible places are going to make u think real hard about getting those types ne way :thumbsup

back/arms are where I would recommend..then u can show them off to whomever u want to see them

70challenger452
12-22-2007, 11:59 AM

I'm not getting anything big, just challenger R/T on my shoulder

Deggy
12-22-2007, 12:05 PM
I'm not getting anything big, just challenger R/T on my shoulder

just make sure that is really something you want for the rest of your life.

pOrk
12-22-2007, 12:16 PM
black dragon tattoo has been rated one of the best during the body art and ink events :thumbsup

http://www.blackdragontattoo.com/

Oh my god, this is easily the WORST possible place in Wisconsin ( besides Wild Rose ) to get a tattoo. Nothing but ******* hacks at this place. Look at the website for **** sakes.

Atom Bomb is awesome ( in Milwaukee ), Sacred Skin on Greenfield AVE and 100th or so ( West Allis, Dan Hazelton is an AWESOME artist ), Heather Shinn at Starships' Bodyworks on 76th and edgerton

WickedSix
12-22-2007, 12:28 PM
^^^ just going by what I have read...the sheppard express had a write up ahile back and the asian guy there was rated among the top in the area....but like I said absolute is where I will be spending my money ne way :D

pOrk
12-22-2007, 12:29 PM
^^^ just going by what I have read...the sheppard express had a write up ahile back and the asian guy there was rated among the top in the area....but like I said absolute is where I will be spending my money ne way :D

Was probably a friend of a friend. Absolute is GREAT

Deggy
12-22-2007, 12:52 PM
Oh my god, this is easily the WORST possible place in Wisconsin ( besides Wild Rose ) to get a tattoo. Nothing but ******* hacks at this place. Look at the website for **** sakes.

Atom Bomb is awesome ( in Milwaukee ), Sacred Skin on Greenfield AVE and 100th or so ( West Allis, Dan Hazelton is an AWESOME artist ), Heather Shinn at Starships' Bodyworks on 76th and coldspring

fixed :thumbsup

05caddyext
12-22-2007, 12:52 PM
These days more and more people in that age bracket 18-25 are getting tattoos. I'd bet that a lot of the people that everyone in here works with has them, professional job or not, and don't even know it. I have 7 tattoos, and I also got a 3.875gpa from whitewater. I was able to land a job as a team lead at the Target distribution center in oconomowoc with those tattoos. 3 of them were exposed all the time, no one ever said anything, i wore a short sleeve shirt every day. And yeah a team lead is a salaried executive position, not an hourly job, so appearance makes a difference for sure. The fact that more and more people are getting tattoos now will make it more acceptable everywhere because WE are the future leaders of those companies that don't necessarily like them now. WE are the ones who will be making the rules.

05caddyext
12-22-2007, 12:54 PM
Chucks Tattoo in Whitewater also does excellent work. Best bet is to just go in to a couple places and look at their personal picture books, or see people being worked on. It's like buying a tv, you don't compare results anymore, you just decide which picture looks best to you and go with that.

Deggy
12-22-2007, 12:54 PM
i have a tattoo on my inner forearm and i asked some of my salaried higher up people here at my work if they thought it would affect anything later on...out of 5 people i asked here, only 1 said it might....im sure tattoos have different effects when people see them and how they react to them but i agree with 05caddyext.

lordairgtar
12-22-2007, 01:39 PM
These days more and more people in that age bracket 18-25 are getting tattoos. I'd bet that a lot of the people that everyone in here works with has them, professional job or not, and don't even know it. I have 7 tattoos, and I also got a 3.875gpa from whitewater. I was able to land a job as a team lead at the Target distribution center in oconomowoc with those tattoos. 3 of them were exposed all the time, no one ever said anything, i wore a short sleeve shirt every day. And yeah a team lead is a salaried executive position, not an hourly job, so appearance makes a difference for sure. The fact that more and more people are getting tattoos now will make it more acceptable everywhere because WE are the future leaders of those companies that don't necessarily like them now. WE are the ones who will be making the rules.
Cool that you found a job like that, but it is not the norm. Especially with us older guys. Your desire for body art has no connection whatsoever with your GPA, it's just part of what you like. Target's corporate culture is different than most I guess. We all can't work at Target or for Willie G. for that matter. The truth of the matter is, is that a lot of jobs or careers require a certain code of dress and appearance. Even the military won't allow them to be visible in uniform. I personally like tattoo art ( I even designed a few), but have none myself. I can just see the results of old age and it's accompanying sagging issues, and what that will do to a design.:devil

Rocket Power
12-22-2007, 06:53 PM
The one I have is hidden when I wear a t shirt and I plan on one more, which will also be easily hidden. I agree it's definitely not the norm for a place to not care about visible tats in the more "important" or "upscale " jobs. That's why mine is/and will be easily hidden .

70 cutlass 442
12-22-2007, 08:50 PM
what are you getin? maybe a few tear drops under each eye?

Rocket Power
12-22-2007, 09:37 PM
what are you getin? maybe a few tear drops under each eye?

:rolf
FU:goof

pOrk
12-22-2007, 09:47 PM
It does matter at some places, but those aren't the places I want to have a job anyway. Snobby ****s that judge people by their appearance can **** off.

I'm a laborer anyways, so it will never matter :) I can run a Press Brake like nobody's buisness, and any skilled trade in the metal industry is decent monies.

u_say_go
12-23-2007, 12:37 AM
go to Black Dragon, ask for George...without a doubt, the best artist in Waukesha. He's done all of mine, and they're mint