PDA

View Full Version : Secrets of C5 Corvettes

Deggy
12-20-2007, 06:49 PM
● The little yellow “helper light” on the bottom of the rear-view mirror that illuminates the shifter area.
● That you can put your key in the driver’s door and turn it twice towards the front to unlock the passenger door and a third time to pop the trunk.
● That you can pop the trunk and also pop the gas cap cover by pulling on metal lines hidden in the back.
● The little slotted cover on the dash behind the steering wheel is where the inside air temperature sensor is located.
● All of the option codes are in the glove box.
● Tire inflation recommended pressures are on the driver’s door.
● The thing that looks like a little LED near the DIC buttons is a light sensor.
● The thing that looks like a little LED near the defroster vent is a UV sensor for determining A/C usage to compensate for the heating effect of the sun.
● The build sheet is in the front re-bar.
● If you leave your turn signal on, in about 1 minute it will start to ding (loud enough to hear over the stereo) to let you know you have old timers disease.
● You can reset the oil life by pumping the gas pedal 3 times (but not with the engine running).
● Hold down the reset button while on one of the trip odometers and it changes that reading to the miles you’ve traveled since last starting the engine.
● Hold down the Active Handling button for 5 sec. to engage “Competitive Driving” on cars equipped with active handling (2000 and previous years must be stopped.)
● If you pull the seatbelts all the way out while you’re buckled in, they ratchet back in to hold you tighter into the seat. (then move the seat forward to make it extra snug -- Leafty)
● Simply remove fuse #2 under the hood and your DRLs will be out permanently. Only thing affected is that when you unlock at night using the key fob your front turn signal lights and back up lights will not flash. Your front turn signals will operate normally, however.
● The side-view mirrors can twist both forward and backward, decreasing the chance of damage if struck.
● There is a release opening with a flap to let air out of the car when the hatch is closed. It is located just above the driver side rear compartment behind the carpet and on the side of the car. Not that it really works well.
● Also you can ground your amp to a screw/bolt that holds the rear middle compartment to the frame.
● If you have a 6-speed car you can pop the trunk when the car is running by lifting the e-brake.
● There is a spot on the driver side just out of the middle compartment under the carpet for the lug nut key. You should have a compartment on the drivers & passenger’s side (in the trunk) and a center compartment. On the left (drivers) side of the center compartment, on the left side where the center cover fits, there is an ‘indent’ that holds the wheel lock key.
● If you turn on the headlights, then go to parking light position, the lamps remain up but the headlights are not left on.
● If you have the passive entry feature: If you lock the keys in the car, wait a few minutes and then shake the car. That will unlock the car.
● HUD has a shift light for the manuals.
● You can easily shift the M6 trans up or down without the clutch if you match revs. (Not great for longevity, however.)
● You can eject the cd from the in-dash player without turning on any power. Don’t even need key in the ignition.
● The cruise will disengage if you purposely make sharp side to side turns while cruising at say 60-80 mph.
● When the engine is shut off, you can get the odometer reading by turning on the parking lights.
● You can program setting #3 (both memory buttons at once) in the seat memory to run the seat back and steering wheel forward for getting in/out of the car with the engine running.
● If you hate DRLs you can pull the e-brake ONE click and they go off.

88Nightmare
12-20-2007, 07:08 PM
uhhh. ok.

88Nightmare
12-20-2007, 07:09 PM
since we're posting up random shit....

http://replant.tamu.edu/gallery/pictures/random%20mini%20motorcycle%20guys%20with%20buzz.JP G

Deggy
12-20-2007, 07:19 PM
just thought some of those were kinda weird/funny.

88Nightmare
12-20-2007, 07:32 PM
a lot of them apply to all GM vehicles

the pump the pedal 3 times deal will reset the oil life monitor in my silverado.

the seatbelt deal pretty much applies to any late model car ever made

all the DRL tricks listed apply to any GM vehicle with DRL's

The eject the CD deal works for just about any GM vehicle and most aftermarket decks

I could continue, but I just dont give a shit :D

Deggy
12-20-2007, 07:45 PM
well i guess im a :loser

:goof

88Nightmare
12-20-2007, 08:00 PM
well i guess im a :loser

:goof

couldnt have said it better myself :rolf

Deggy
12-20-2007, 08:02 PM
couldnt have said it better myself :rolf

i can feel the love here tonight....i need to get :alcoholic:alcoholic:alcoholic

88Nightmare
12-20-2007, 08:04 PM
this thread sucks. if I was emo id be cutting myself right now.

Z28Roxy
12-20-2007, 08:07 PM
tl;dr

(8 char minimum)

GRNDNL
12-20-2007, 08:20 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/carcraft53029/Junk/Dork.jpg

88Nightmare
12-20-2007, 08:40 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/carcraft53029/Junk/Dork.jpg

:rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf :rolf

Deggy
12-20-2007, 08:48 PM
i spit my water all over keyboard....but its my works keyboard so idc.

STANMAN
12-20-2007, 09:10 PM
And a carry over from the ZR1 thread:

If it's really quiet at night, and you listen close enough, you can hear the theme song from "GI JOE", because all Vette interiors are made of recycled Hasbro toys.

BAD LS1
12-20-2007, 09:12 PM
At least u cant read "Nike" on the dash if you look close.

Korndogg
12-20-2007, 09:52 PM
At least u cant read "Nike" on the dash if you look close.

:rolf:rolf

Poncho
12-20-2007, 10:33 PM
And a carry over from the ZR1 thread:

If it's really quiet at night, and you listen close enough, you can hear the theme song from "GI JOE", because all Vette interiors are made of recycled Hasbro toys.

you're a ***.

STANMAN
12-20-2007, 10:35 PM
you're a ***.

***=awsome human being?? Thanks buddy!!

wikked
12-21-2007, 09:42 AM
● If you have the passive entry feature: If you lock the keys in the car, wait a few minutes and then shake the car. That will unlock the car.

I don't get this...
If you left them in the ignition, it would beep.
If it was running and you tried to lock the doors, it won't let you.
If it means you accidentally leave them on the seat or something... then, even if you lock the doors and take your keys with you, you can shake the car and it will open?

Waver
12-21-2007, 09:58 AM
wait, I thought that there was no key cylandar for the ignition on a c5/c6 that it was all pushbuton as long as the key fob was around the area

07ROUSHSTG3
12-21-2007, 10:04 AM
- If you have a 6-speed car you can pop the trunk when the car is running by lifting the e-brake

huh???

wikked
12-21-2007, 12:18 PM
lolz

I think someone just added half of these to see who falls for it.

Crawlin
12-21-2007, 01:02 PM
- If you have a 6-speed car you can pop the trunk when the car is running by lifting the e-brake

huh???

because there is no "park" safety feature like in an automatic, you cannot open the hatch with the car running in a 6-speed car. it's because even though it's in neutral, the computer think the car is driving/rolling and they don't want to have you pop the drunk while driving. So he's saying that if the car is running, if you pull the e-brake, it's like putting the car in "park" so now you can get your stuff in the back :)

Mr Twigbert
12-21-2007, 09:18 PM
Great, I can sleep better tonight knowing this info..