PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Think?

GHOSST
12-20-2007, 02:21 PM
What do you make of this new bird from year one? I think KITT should get some love...

http://news.windingroad.com/aftermarket/still-smokeyin%E2%80%99-%E2%80%93-year-one-readying-30th-anniversary-bandit-transams/

07ROUSHSTG3
12-20-2007, 02:35 PM
think it looks cool, but it is sad that the cars existence is being left to the aftermarket so to speak..........BRING THIS CAR BACK TO THE MARKET GM!!

Prince Valiant
12-20-2007, 02:35 PM
I think the thunderchicken graphics only work on the old school second gen stuff. Even on the turd gens they contrasted too hard with the relative (to a second gen's) smooth surfaces and gentle shapes of the cars contours.

I like the overall shape, but a more elegant solution would probably be to modernize and style the front end after the 70-71 trans am instead of the 77-78 job (which is much better than the 79 and up front ends...)

lit666
12-20-2007, 02:44 PM
wow, I like it alot actually.

Deggy
12-20-2007, 02:44 PM
i think the new KITT has already been revealed as a new mustang.

oneslowcamino
12-20-2007, 03:03 PM
I don't like the graphic on the hood, it just looks kind of out of place to me idk. Other than that I like it.

Windsors 03 Cobra
12-20-2007, 03:16 PM
It looks similar to my most hated of hated F-Bods, the 2nd gen, So I do not really care for it. The vinyl on the hood never did it for me either.

GHOSST
12-20-2007, 03:55 PM
i think the new KITT has already been revealed as a new mustang.
I know that, I was just saying this is like a tribute to Smokey and the Bandit... what about Knight Rider tho? I always thought the Hoff had a bigger fan base with his TA than Burt.

Prince Valiant
12-20-2007, 04:16 PM
I always thought the Hoff had a bigger fan base with his TA than Burt.Oh no no no no no no. No way. Not even close.

Those TA's from the "smokey & the bandit" movies launched a HUGE sales jump for TA's (no one bought camaro's, everyone bought TA's), CB radio's, Basset hounds, cowboy hats, cheesey mustaches, and much much more. It was a huge hit that year. HUGE. Sales for the TA KILLED after that movie came out...something like a 2 or 3 fold increase.

The Hoff was a hit, sure...but trust me, the bandit and the bandit alone was why you saw as many late 2nd gen poncho's...Kitt didn't do all that much for pontiac sales at all.

WickedSix
12-20-2007, 04:21 PM
a little to exaggerated in the front end but decent enough....if they keep the bird graphic I'd rather see it spread across the top of the hoods and wrap onto the fenders

GHOSST
12-21-2007, 06:51 AM
Oh no no no no no no. No way. Not even close.

Those TA's from the "smokey & the bandit" movies launched a HUGE sales jump for TA's (no one bought camaro's, everyone bought TA's), CB radio's, Basset hounds, cowboy hats, cheesey mustaches, and much much more. Hahaha, thats some funny stuff..