PDA

View Full Version : Fyi......

JC70SS
08-27-2003, 05:40 PM
Today is the 1 year anniv. of the end of a 35 year era....the production of the f-body. So, I think we need to get to the highway tonight to show 'em off a little bit(and show those damn rattle trap harleys what real American iron is). Anyone interested??

- Joe

Crawlin
08-27-2003, 05:43 PM
I'll ride BIAAAATCH if anyone wants a passenger :) Keep fueling my fire to get my car back together

JC70SS
08-27-2003, 05:46 PM
I'll call you....probably 9ish?

SMS 1
08-27-2003, 05:46 PM
I hate to rain on your parade JC00SS because I love the f-body as much as anyone here, but, all the f-body's came from an assembly plant in Canada :eek: :( But they are STILL the Heartbeat of America!:rockwoot:

Crawlin
08-27-2003, 06:27 PM
Technicalities, PSSSSHHH :)

Yeah joe, call me around then!

Chris

SMS 1
08-27-2003, 06:33 PM
LOL! Maybe I'll cruise the '94 GTP out and look for everyone:3gears:

BAD LS1
08-27-2003, 06:49 PM
Ill be out in race trim at 9:devil

But i really gotta stop getting so fired up on hwy Chris and Joe and John know what i mean :D

Chris if you wanna hold the laptop i gotta open seat.

Tommy B

Just noticed something really funny!!!!! i just looked through my SLP info that i had mailed to me on my car and the date of production was 8-16-00 as a Z28 and went through SLP processing 8-27-00 and became an SS # 1367. Now thats too god damn funny, i just throught about that and couldnt remember exact dates until i just verified it on this plaque thing i got .

Crawlin
08-27-2003, 07:09 PM
I'm sure i'll be jumping from car to car :)

JohnnyT
08-27-2003, 09:56 PM
Wish I could have been there with ya'll. We (my car and I) were there in spirit...:3gears:

PARALYZER
08-28-2003, 08:18 AM
Not all F-bods are canadian. 3rd gens up to a certain year made in California.

SMS 1
08-28-2003, 06:13 PM
Uh Oh! Looks like I started something off topic here :stare While I cannot at this time provide any actuall "hard" evidence to support my claim, this is the first time I have ever personally heard anything contrary to F-Body's being assembled anywhere except the Ste.Therese Plant in Quebec.

If it is true that some 3rdGEN F-bodies were produced in CA I would like to find out when and what the cutoff was or how to find out via-vin or other to find out where my 2 were produced?

Let me know, I would love to be able to argue with other people that I know that I have a true "American" F-body!!!

Oh and Joe? According to UAW 2209 the anniversary is today the 28th!;) http://www.local2209.org/default110.asp

p.s.- no part of this post is intended to be a :flamet

p.s.s.- maybe I'll be out in the DK Teal Metallic '94 GTP 2nite ?

Valcuda
08-28-2003, 06:17 PM
Maybe I will wonder down to highway tonight look for a orange plymouth...(64 valiant)

ricky

PARALYZER
08-28-2003, 07:26 PM
4th Gens were the only ones made in Canada. They went there because GM saved $1,000 per car as far as health insurance for the workers go. Some of the people that worked at that plant in Cali transferred to our plant. The Plant in Cali is longbeen torn down and is now a shopping area.

69LT1
08-28-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by SMS 1
Uh Oh! Looks like I started something off topic here :stare While I cannot at this time provide any actuall "hard" evidence to support my claim, this is the first time I have ever personally heard anything contrary to F-Body's being assembled anywhere except the Ste.Therese Plant in Quebec.

If it is true that some 3rdGEN F-bodies were produced in CA I would like to find out when and what the cutoff was or how to find out via-vin or other to find out where my 2 were produced?

Let me know, I would love to be able to argue with other people that I know that I have a true "American" F-body!!!

Oh and Joe? According to UAW 2209 the anniversary is today the 28th!;) http://www.local2209.org/default110.asp

p.s.- no part of this post is intended to be a :flamet

p.s.s.- maybe I'll be out in the DK Teal Metallic '94 GTP 2nite ?

Here is a bit of trivia for you. Check your VIN number. The first digit indicates the country in which the vehicle was built.

1=US
2=Canada
3=Mexico
4=Brazil (I think)
J=Japan
W=Germany

There are obviously more but that is all I can remember off the top of my head.

Hope this helps straighten out any confusion.

Also, many if not all 1st and 2nd gen cars were built in Norwood, OH and Los Angeles, CA.

Jeff

SMS 1
08-28-2003, 10:55 PM
Well WS6, I'm not quite sure how to say this but :durr It's never a good idea to show up as a :newbie and sound like you know what your talking about and then get proved wrong like this!:slap Anyway, you are correct. I have now found all kinds of info on plants in Ohio and California. Obviously the other people I know don't know much either :nutkick Thanks for correcting me on this;) Now I can be a little smarter about this, I owe ya a beer sometime:haveabeer

Okay 69LT1, Now I am getting confused. I thought F-bodies were only produced in the US and Canada?

You know this is pretty sad. I used to work at a GM dealership! All though I rareley needed to know trivia like this.