PDA

View Full Version : snowboarding

Beagle
12-18-2007, 12:21 PM
who has gone and where? ive been out about 6 times already. are we still going to have a meet up somewhere?

Crawlin
12-18-2007, 12:33 PM
man, what i wouldn't give to not have to have a job, hahaha

I haven't been out at all, but am desperately trying to get out. Got to get rid of the "New Season Falls" before heading out to CO

Where you been Beags? Olympia/Alpine/LilSwitz/Cascade/??? What's the one in Franklin?

Beagle
12-18-2007, 12:39 PM
ive been to sunburst,wilmot, and crystal ridge mostly (franklin one) my buddy works there so i can go for free and its close so whatever. i would go to little switz but i heard they are closed until they find someone to buy that place. i might be going out to devils head in another week or two. other than that i will hit up cascade and i want to check out granit peak. i just bought a brand new board and bindings so its gotta get put to use.

Crawlin
12-18-2007, 12:44 PM
i'm suprised no one has snatched up that land, but then again, can't turn a dump into a housing development area as easily as you can a race track like Slinger Speedway.

Got pics of the board? What kind? I still ahve my couple year old Rossignol Steve McQueen "Bullitt" board, haha, so I don't want to sell that yet, it's too cool.

I'm open on Wed nights as well as Thursday all day/Sunday all day, and saturday's after 5pm

Beagle
12-18-2007, 12:49 PM
i can post pics.

jbiscuit
12-18-2007, 12:51 PM
The rack goes on the wagon tonight. I too have not been out yet though....too busy :( Hopefully saturday though!

Crawlin
12-18-2007, 01:01 PM
fuchyoo!!!! wait till 5:30pm and do some night stuff :) we can hit up crystal ridge then w/ beags :) haha

I need to find a new jacket, that's for sure.

theavenger333
12-18-2007, 01:05 PM
i've been to Alpine once.. Sunburst is a 4 dollar lift ticket tonight, some kinda throwback thingy

Beagle
12-18-2007, 01:31 PM
i couldnt get my camera to connect with the computer but the link has a pic of my board. i got the burton custom bindings in black to go with the board.
the top of the board feels like leather its bad ass.

http://www.burton.com/Gear/Default.aspx#/mens/boards/productDetail/70013/B80211071?activeIcon=icon_2

Crawlin
12-18-2007, 02:24 PM
That's badass Beags!!!

Here's an ebay auction for one since I don't have close ups of my own

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rossignol-Scope-snowboard-162_W0QQitemZ190183592423QQihZ009QQcategoryZ93830Q QrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638 .m122

It's got Steve McQueen as a side profile driving the Mustang from the movie "Bullitt" and it's got the image of it jumping off one of the downhill SanFrancisco streets, haha. Mine is 162 like this one is. I want to buy another one soon, probably for next year that's a bit smaller for the little parks we have around here. Current one is great on the fresh stuff out in CO, but around here is too big for such small runs

My buddies used to work at Les Mois and when one of them moved to San Diego got a prt-time job at a ski shop. One's got this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-ARBOR-A-FRAME-A-FRAME-SNOWBOARD-166-NEVER-USE_W0QQitemZ170178221815QQihZ007QQcategoryZ21250Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and the other has one similar but it has a black sides to it with the wooden middle part. ******* BADASS!!

Beagle
12-18-2007, 02:38 PM
those are some cool ass boards. ive only heard about the steve mcqueen ones never actually saw one in person. arbor boards look awesome too. i was thinking about getting an arbor mystic, but i like burton boards alot and i did a bunch of research before making the decision and all the reviews i read said my board is the best all mountain board under 400. when ever i get it edged and wax i will see what its got.

Windsors 03 Cobra
12-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Ski Granite Peak.

Prince Valiant
12-18-2007, 02:55 PM
I thought little swiss was just closed closed. Never to re-open? That's what I heard anyways.

Also, that it will be developed into a subdivision or something along those lines...

I haven't gotten out on the ski's yet...but will probably hit up the slopes around the state and CO...maybe even a trip out east to check it out, after christmas...

Winter came quick this year!

theavenger333
12-18-2007, 02:55 PM
anyone wanna meet up at Sunburst tonight? Chris? Beagle? its only a 4 dollar lift ticket. Terrain Park's all open.

switz did close. they auctioned their equipment too. the land's for sale, the Hertes don't care what happens to it. likelyhood of a housing development unlikely. living on a garbage dump would suck, plus living next to the speedway

Beagle
12-18-2007, 03:13 PM
its only a 4 dollar ticket? how come?

Crawlin
12-18-2007, 03:14 PM
Sorry man, I work 9-9 every day this week since the G.M. is on vacation. So until 5pm saturday i can't do anything.

I'm down for next week though, have off quite a few days.

I heard they were gonna shut Slinger Speedway down too. Maybe that's why they decided to sell the hill. Get in on the whole lump area instead of just that little piece.

Chris - I'm going to CO Jan 16th-20th. We should have an extra spot for the trip out there if you want. We are still trying to find a place to stay though. Getting kinda rough with only a few of us. Since there's so few of us going, we just decided to road trip it again.

theavenger333
12-18-2007, 03:32 PM
Sunburst is doing a "turn back the clock" night, from like 1970. so, 4 dollar lift ticket. Switz has been in the red for about 6 years now, barely floating by. their sump system (aka their drainage system, which in turn pumps the water back up to the snow machines, in essence re-using the drainoff) is really bad. a few years ago, when we had that great snowstorm right before thanksgiving, they made snow like a bat out of hell, then we had that run of 40s and 50s till xmas. it crippled them. the Herte family lasted a long time, but they finally gave up. i doubt they'll shut down slinger

Crawlin
12-18-2007, 03:36 PM
I think the weather has ****ed them pretty bad. If we could string together this snow like we have been getting for awhile now, and do it year to year, it'd be awesome. But yeah, can't get anywhere unless you have some better equipment. That one chair lift was horrible on the front side. And they hardly ever used all of them which would have made things alot better.

Now if we could make it INDOORS like in Japan/Korea/India/wherever the hell it was... that'd be awesome!!!

Prince Valiant
12-18-2007, 03:42 PM
Chris - I'm going to CO Jan 16th-20th. We should have an extra spot for the trip out there if you want. We are still trying to find a place to stay though. Getting kinda rough with only a few of us. Since there's so few of us going, we just decided to road trip it again. BAH! that week I'll be in AZ...girlfriend is getting treatment out there. I would have love to gone out...probably could have gotten us some lift tickets and at least two places to stay depending on where we where...

Sucks because I already DO have off that week :fire

Beagle
12-18-2007, 03:57 PM
dam if i would have known sunburst was 4 dollars i would have been out there earlier now i think i just might hit crystal's weak ass hill. its close and cheap so whatever.

PureSound15
12-18-2007, 05:28 PM
I love skiing but..

the one time I tried snowboarding, the hill was glazes and I caught an edge going backwards on a blackdiamond at Devil's Head... sucked.

So I stick to the sticks :) I'd still be game for going while I'm town from tomorrow until January 16thish

theavenger333
12-18-2007, 07:43 PM
i still have my snowboard, but i've used snow blades for the past like 4 years. the Board makes an appearance here and there though

Breecher_7
12-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Boards go in on the 1st of the year to be ground, then on with the season!!!!!!

Beagle
12-19-2007, 11:28 AM
went and gave the new board hell last night and all i have to say is i wish i would have had a new board along time ago.