PDA

View Full Version : NFL week 16-pick 'em!

Prince Valiant
12-18-2007, 10:14 AM
Results week 15:
Me-11
Karp-11
lilproshow-11
4eyed-10
01camaro-10
cruisin-10
Brian-9
Lash-9
Deggy-7

This weeks games:
Thursday December 20
PIT @ STL
Saturday, December 22
DAL @ CAR
Sunday, December 23
GB @ CHI
CLE @ CIN
HOU @ IND
NYG @ BUF
KC @ DET
OAK @ JAC
PHI @ NO
TB @ SF
ATL @ ARI
BAL @ SEA
NYJ @ TEN
MIA @ NE
WAS @ MIN
Monday, December 24
DEN @ SD

My picks:
Thursday December 20
PIT @ STL- STL showed nothing against the packers. While they can be a dangerous team, especially at home, they won't have the fan support. PIT is another team with a large fan base that'll "take over" their stadium, so to speak. PIT tunes up for the play-offs.
Saturday, December 22
DAL @ CAR- I don't think the sucubus can do enough to make romo so bad as to loose to CAR. CAR win last week was against the not all that good despite their record Seahawks in really bad weather. Hopefully the weather sucks again so as to give the panthers a chance.
Sunday, December 23
GB @ CHI- GB should be motivated to avenge the earlier loss this season. CHI will bring it...so lovie can brag that he at least swept the pack. And if they do? CHI fans will probably term the season a sucess :fire
CLE @ CIN - CLE has everything to play for. They NEED this win. Cinncy will want this simply because a state rival is involved...but they lack the consistency to pick on an upset basis.
HOU @ IND-Indy had a rough one last week...no worry. Tough game on the road, they come back home and put the hurt on HOU
NYG @ BUF- GAH! who to pick? Both teams are maddeningly erractic! NYG suffered a blow in the loss of their emotional leader and offensive spark plug in Shockey. Playing on the road against a crowd that really does not like them, I say BUF comes out ahead.
KC @ DET- Kitna garunteed 10 wins. Surprisningly, it almost looked like they might get that...but he should have stuck with 8 wins which still would have been a welcome surprise based on the DET teams of the last few years.
OAK @ JAC- Jac...the best team no one cares about. OAK has been playing tough, but they can't beat really good teams.
PHI @ NO- NO can generate offense...in the win, PHI didn't really generate points, just ground it out. Going with the team with more to loose.
TB @ SF- SF is bad. They can upset bad teams, and TB is an upsetable team on the road...but not this week.
ATL @ ARI-ATL woes continue.
BAL @ SEA- BAL is lost. SEA is lucky to have such a medicore opponent.
NYJ @ TEN- TN Dry rub ribs beats alley rats everytime!
MIA @ NE- Biggest game differential ever...never has 13 wins seperated two opponents in the NFL before. Yes, it would be sweet to see an upset...but even in the win, MIA looked beyond inept.
WAS @ MIN-MN isn't the unsolveable puzzle. Peterson had his moments, but he is containable...and without him, MN is nothing. WAS needs this and will work for the win...MN are starting to talk about themselves as if they are elite...bad mix for a team that didn't really dominate a so-so bears team.
Monday, December 24
DEN @ SD-SD has gaps in their team...however, the one thing they do have, LT, can win games on his own.

Brian98GTP
12-18-2007, 12:10 PM
Thursday December 20
PIT @ STL
Saturday, December 22
DAL @ CAR
Sunday, December 23
GB @ CHI
CLE @ CIN
HOU @ IND
NYG @ BUF
KC @ DET
OAK @ JAC
PHI @ NO
TB @ SF
ATL @ ARI
BAL @ SEA
NYJ @ TEN
MIA @ NE
WAS @ MIN
Monday, December 24
DEN @ SD

Ehh.... a few upset picks, but nothing TOO unbelievable. :)

Prince Valiant
12-18-2007, 02:16 PM
upset picks aren't a bad thing at this time of year...some teams are where they are, and see no point in putting in their starters, etc...some bad teams do everything to go out on a high note too...

I just think it's hard to call in many cases...law of averages dictates the favorites will still win. Be a hard week to bet in vegas though...I bet underdogs win the day.

Brian98GTP
12-18-2007, 03:19 PM
upset picks aren't a bad thing at this time of year...some teams are where they are, and see no point in putting in their starters, etc...some bad teams do everything to go out on a high note too...

I just think it's hard to call in many cases...law of averages dictates the favorites will still win. Be a hard week to bet in vegas though...I bet underdogs win the day.

Very true.
Also, this season it seems like the only consistant teams every week are the Patriots, Packers, Cowboys, Colts, and.... well, the Dolphins.
Just about every other game could go either way, LOL.

The Force must be strong with Karp though..... he did awesome this year!

LIL_PRO_SHOW_SS
12-18-2007, 07:25 PM
Thursday December 20
PIT @ STL
Saturday, December 22
DAL @ CAR
Sunday, December 23
GB @ CHI
CLE @ CIN
HOU @ IND
NYG @ BUF
KC @ DET