PDA

View Full Version : Hot wing recipes

DSMDuDE
12-18-2007, 08:36 AM
So tomorrow were having a Xmas potluck for work, and i was thinking of a crock pot full of hot wings, co worker who grows habenro peppers is going to donate some..

Anyone have any good Hotwing Recipes? if so lemme hear it. The hotter the better! Technicians will eat anything.. hah!

jbiscuit
12-18-2007, 08:48 AM
you could make J's world famous beer brats instead of wingzzz :)

DSMDuDE
12-18-2007, 08:54 AM
Last time we did that.. the entire shop smelled like beer the rest of the day..

dont get me wrong.. it was kinda nice heh

Karps TA
12-18-2007, 09:05 AM
I use a mixture of flour, lawry's seasoning salt, black pepper caynne pepper and garlic salt to dredge the wings in. then stick them in the fridge for a couple hours, ideally overnight. Then dredge them again before deep frying. Fry them for abotu 10 minutes at 365 degree.

The sauce I used a 1/4 cup butter to 3/4 cup hot wing sauce, black pepper, garlic salt, then add to that whatever heat I can find. let that melt together and simmer. To really let the heat kick in do this the night before and refrigerate over night. For some reason it seems letting it chill overnight really brings more heat the next warm up.

DSMDuDE
12-18-2007, 09:14 AM
Hrrmmm seeing i have to bring these to work tomorrow morning with me.. Dunno about all that overnight chilling time :)

But great ideas.. keep em coming!

Silver03SRT
12-18-2007, 10:36 AM
Just go to BW3's and buy some sauce and mix it yourself. Thats what I do.

DSMDuDE
12-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Im not leaving Walworth CO. nor driving to new berlin to make these wings.. hah

formul8
12-18-2007, 11:06 AM
http://www.sweatnspice.com/prodimages/see_DJS_set.jpg

Prince Valiant
12-18-2007, 11:17 AM
The ratio I use is this:
1 stick of butter (8 table spoon)
1 1/2-2 tbsp of white vinegar
8-12 tbsp of hot sauce (your choosing...tabasco, or whatever) depending how brave you are.
sometimes I'll mix in chopped peppers, jalpano's, etc....maybe add a touch of mixing flour to thicken it slightly.

If I want the stronger Bufalo style taste, I'll use a touch more vinegar. If I want it spicer, I'll mix in more hot sauce. If I want a thicker consistency, I'll mix in some more flour.

Heat the butter in a pan though, then add vinegar, sauce, and, if you choose, a little pepper. Add flour depending on how you want the sauce to look or hold (doesn't really add to flavor, and is by no means required).

It's something that I'm still working on though...I like to go in and keep revising...normally takes a few tries before you hit the recipe to get it *just right* as you like it...

As far as the wings, like karp spells out...salt and pepper the wings. Some add some flour or what not. But if you just fry em' up to a golden color, it should be good to go. Then mix em' through the sauce...

DSMDuDE
12-19-2007, 08:09 AM
Okay... so heres what i did:

4.5lbs of chicken wings(paulsen brand) real chicken from poultry section
5-6 fresh grown habenaros from a co-worker
2 bottles of Red Hot Buffalo sauce
1 giant bottle of Sweet baby rays BBQ sauce
Crushed red pepper

Wings on cookie sheet, sprinkle with red pepper
bake @ 400* for 1/2 hr
take out, coat wings with BBQ and Buff sauce
back in the oven for 10 mins @ 400*