PDA

View Full Version : Shout from across the pond...

Scales
12-18-2007, 07:24 AM
Hello from Poland. Just wanted to stop by and share something. We went to a bar last night that served Absynth. The good, illegal in the states stuff. We each had a drink as soon as we walked in. 5 minutes later I tried walking up the stairs and almost fell. For those that know me, that usually doesn't even happen after an entire night of drinking. We each had two Absynths and a beer and had to leave. We were drunk! Neither of us halloucinated at all, but man was that stuff stong!!! :party:

That is all for now. Hope you are all enjoying the snow. We have none here. :confused

USMARINE1108
12-18-2007, 07:32 AM
Did you drink it the proper way? With water, a strainer and a sugar cube? Great stuff. That stuff will mess you up! hahaha

Scales
12-18-2007, 07:46 AM
Yeah, she poured them over a sugar cube on a strainer, then lit the sugar on fire. When the flame went out, she poured some water on it while dumping the strainer in the glass. Good stuff!! :alcoholic

pickardracing
12-18-2007, 08:34 AM
Bring some home.

Scales
12-20-2007, 07:37 AM
I'd love to, but 1, I haven't seen it in any of the stores here yet, and 2, it's not worth the risk if it's found in my luggage. I will just have to savor the moments while I am here. ;)

Feature Pony
12-20-2007, 08:56 AM
why not ship it? just get a big box and pad the hell out of it.

wikked
12-20-2007, 09:35 AM
why not ship it? just get a big box and pad the hell out of it.

Customs will more than likely open it :(

I'd love to get me some of that.

Deggy
12-20-2007, 09:40 AM
you didn't make out with your twin sister did you?

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z6/deggyfresh/untitled.jpg

07ROUSHSTG3
12-20-2007, 09:54 AM
It is legal to purchase thujone containing Absinthe for personal use in the U.S. And it is also legal to purchase thujone containing Absinthe for personal use from outside the U.S.

there are tons of shippers out there, just google absinthe and buy a bottle. i got my brother in-law a bottle for christmas last year. the plan was to get all messed up with it, now i really don't talk to him anymore.

Deggy
12-20-2007, 10:05 AM
The drink Four has traces of Absinthe in it also. comes in cans similar to Sparks.

wikked
12-20-2007, 12:09 PM
It is legal to purchase thujone containing Absinthe for personal use in the U.S. And it is also legal to purchase thujone containing Absinthe for personal use from outside the U.S.

there are tons of shippers out there, just google absinthe and buy a bottle. i got my brother in-law a bottle for christmas last year. the plan was to get all messed up with it, now i really don't talk to him anymore.

It's still illegal to import anything that has more than 10ppm of thujone.
The stuff you're buying is basically the same as any other vodka.

(Referring to U.S. made Absinthe)
Although it contains thujone, it's only a trace amount. Anyone binging on absinthe would die of alcohol poisoning long before the thujone would cause any major effects.

&

In 2007 the first legally available absinthe has been approved for sale in the United States. These brands must pass TTB testing, which is performed by the Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry method, and TTB considers a product to be thujone-free if the FDA's test measures less than 10ppm thujone

07ROUSHSTG3
12-20-2007, 02:26 PM
It's still illegal to import anything that has more than 10ppm of thujone.
The stuff you're buying is basically the same as any other vodka.

(Referring to U.S. made Absinthe)
Although it contains thujone, it's only a trace amount. Anyone binging on absinthe would die of alcohol poisoning long before the thujone would cause any major effects.

&

In 2007 the first legally available absinthe has been approved for sale in the United States. These brands must pass TTB testing, which is performed by the Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry method, and TTB considers a product to be thujone-free if the FDA's test measures less than 10ppm thujone

the bottle that i got for him had 100mg, it was this stuff:

Absinth King Of Spirits Gold

Originally based on a Swiss recipe this Czech Absinthe has no artificial color or preservatives, and contains 100mg of the psychoactive thujone adored by some of the world’s most notorious artists and writers. Van Gogh, Picasso, Hemingway…Bob Dylan, Marilyn Manson and Eminem are just a few who used and drew inspiration from this original Absinthe and its effects.

http://www.absinthesupply.com/products/king-of-spirits-gold.html

GHOSST
12-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Holy hell! Man this makes me want to try some!!!!! I got to!!

Scales
12-20-2007, 05:00 PM
Well I don't know about all of the rules and laws about it, I just know I wouldn't want to get caught sneaking it back in. I know it's illegal, and that's good enough for me to not put it in my suitcase. I will just have one more thing to look forward to when coming to Poland!! :D

GRAMPS SS
12-20-2007, 06:47 PM
i'm going to google it and buy a bottle....what the hell...what do i have to lose...

awsomeears
12-20-2007, 08:17 PM
I was tripping out on the stuff !!!!!!! walked 3 miles to home at 5 AM.

Haha good times

Max 93
12-20-2007, 08:29 PM
5 minutes later I tried walking up the stairs and almost fell. For those that know me, that usually doesn't even happen after an entire night of drinking.

only once that I remember :goof give me a call when you get back, havn't talked to you in a while.

USMARINE1108
12-20-2007, 09:32 PM
It's wormwood or (something like that) that makes is illegal in the states I've heard.

But yes, you will do some crazy stuff after a few shots of the real stuff.

Scales
12-21-2007, 06:10 AM
only once that I remember :goof give me a call when you get back, havn't talked to you in a while.

Sounds good. Yeah, it's been a while!

GHOSST
12-21-2007, 06:32 AM
It's wormwood or (something like that) that makes is illegal in the states I've heard.

But yes, you will do some crazy stuff after a few shots of the real stuff. :crazyeyes :drool: me want..

Cryptic
12-21-2007, 09:13 AM
Hello from Poland. Just wanted to stop by and share something. We went to a bar last night that served Absynth. The good, illegal in the states stuff. We each had a drink as soon as we walked in. 5 minutes later I tried walking up the stairs and almost fell. For those that know me, that usually doesn't even happen after an entire night of drinking. We each had two Absynths and a beer and had to leave. We were drunk! Neither of us halloucinated at all, but man was that stuff stong!!! :party:

That is all for now. Hope you are all enjoying the snow. We have none here. :confused

Nostrovia!
Maggie is jealous she hasn't been back to Poland in a long while now and you've been there twice.

USMARINE1108
12-21-2007, 09:19 AM
:crazyeyes :drool: me want..

Where are you making your next pump to? It's all over Europe, and I've seen it in Dubai, Bahrain, Japan, and Thailand.
:thumbsup

wikked
12-21-2007, 10:02 AM

But yes, you will do some crazy stuff after a few shots of the real stuff.

Wormwood oil in large quantities (over 4grams or something) is illegal, as it is very poisonous/lethal in pure form, and is what they used to use when making Absinthe back in the day, they'd just use a small amount of pure wormwood oil... which is how it got it's reputation.

Thujone is derived from the wormwood oil, and is what is now used.

07ROUSHSTG3
12-21-2007, 10:08 AM
Thujone is derived from the wormwood oil, and is what is now used.

you can still get absinthe bottled with pure wormwood oil.

do you have any idea what you are talking about, LOL?!?!

wikked
12-21-2007, 12:23 PM
you can still get absinthe bottled with pure wormwood oil?!?! do you have any idea what you are talking about, LOL?!?!

How does I grammar?

Let's break this down:

I said: "Thujone is derived from the wormwood oil, and is what is now used."

In the second half of that sentence, "and is what is now used", is in reference to Thujone.

The emphasis is on the word I started the sentence with, Thujone, therefore, the second half of the sentence, is in reference to it, and not wormwood.

Calling me out on grammar, is probably as wise as grabbing a stripper at Silk.
:alcoholic

07ROUSHSTG3
12-21-2007, 02:13 PM
How does I grammar?

Let's break this down:

I said: "Thujone is derived from the wormwood oil, and is what is now used."

In the second half of that sentence, "and is what is now used", is in reference to Thujone.

The emphasis is on the word I started the sentence with, Thujone, therefore, the second half of the sentence, is in reference to it, and not wormwood.

Calling me out on grammar, is probably as wise as grabbing a stripper at Silk.
:alcoholic

it sounded to me like you said that you could not get absinthe with actual wormwood. i was stating that you can indeed get absinthe with the ACTUAL ORIGINAL wormwood oil recipe. i could care less if you are a grammer guru, if it makes you feel that your penis is larger, good for you, but first you post that you could not get absinthe with more than 10 mg of thujone.....that was wrong....then you said that they do not use wormwood oil and that the new recipe just uses the byproduct- thujone instead......again wrong.:loser

^^
nice run on sentence eh?

my ?!?!!? at the end of my sentence was my way of typing : WHAT THE **** ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

07ROUSHSTG3
12-21-2007, 02:29 PM
i will clear up some of wikked's misconceptions for anybody that is interested in downing the green fairy:

YOU CAN GET ABSINTHE IMPORTED INTO THE UNITED STATES LEGALLY

THE THUJONE LEVELS IN THE AVAILABLE ABSINTHE RANGES, DEPENDS WHAT YOU ARE UP TO. KEEP IN MIND THOUGH THAT JUST BECAUSE THE THUJONE LEVELS ARE HIGHER IN SOME, IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE EFFECTS WILL NECESSARILY BE BETTER.

THERE ARE BRANDS OUT THERE THAT USE ORIGINAL RECIPES WITH WORMWOOD OIL TO ACHIEVE THEIR THUJONE LEVELS.

USMARINE1108
12-21-2007, 06:04 PM
m'kay. So how's things in Poland?

GHOSST
12-21-2007, 06:32 PM
Where are you making your next pump to? It's all over Europe, and I've seen it in Dubai, Bahrain, Japan, and Thailand.
:thumbsup I'm trying to get MSG duty... but they just sent 2 people... my MSgt is talking about MUE's now... so dont know.. :(

Mr Twigbert
12-21-2007, 09:16 PM
/peace brotha

Scales
12-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Na Zdrowie!
Maggie is jealous she hasn't been back to Poland in a long while now and you've been there twice.

Fixed for ya. ;)

Poland is good. Lot's of eating, lots of drinking, and lots of beautiful women. 3 of my favorite things!! :D

Scales
12-22-2007, 09:57 AM
Oh and I also found this...

According to U.S. Customs and Border Protection literature, "The importation of Absinthe and any other liquors or liqueurs that contain Artemisia absinthium is prohibited." On the other hand, FDA regulations allow Artemisia species in foods or beverages, but those that contain Artemisia species, white cedar, oak moss, tansy or Yarrow, must be thujone free. Other herbs that contain thujone have no restrictions. For example, sage and sage oil (which can be almost 50% thujone) are on the FDA's list of substances generally recognized as safe.

The prevailing consensus of interpretation of United States law and regulations among American absinthe connoisseurs is that it is probably legal to purchase such a product for personal use in the U.S. It is prohibited to sell items meant for human consumption which contain thujone derived from Artemisia species. (This derives from a Food and Drug Administration regulation, as opposed to a DEA regulation.) Customs regulations specifically forbid the importation of 'absinthe'. Absinthe can be and occasionally is seized by United States Customs if it appears to be for human consumption and can be seized inside the U.S. with a warrant.

A faux-absinthe liquor called Absente, made with southern wormwood (Artemisia abrotanum) instead of grande wormwood (Artemisia absinthium), is sold legally in the United States and does not contain Grande Wormwood. This was the first US approval referring to "absinthe" on the front label; the front label says "Absinthe Refined" but the US Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) classified the product as Liqueur.

In 2007 the first legally available absinthe has been approved for sale in the United States. These brands must pass TTB testing, which is performed by the Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry method and TTB considers a product to be thujone-free if the FDA's test measures less than 10ppm thujone.

u_say_go
12-22-2007, 02:59 PM
hey mike! glad to hear things are going well. does Kate's dad have any recent inventions? loved hearing about the ones he showed you last time.

Scales
12-23-2007, 06:05 AM
Ha ha, no nothing new this year, but yeah it was great seeing all that stuff!!