PDA

View Full Version : need a beater, will trade 90 firebird

96fireturd
08-27-2003, 05:08 PM
here is the deal, i bought a 96 firebird and i dont really want to drive the old one through winter. i am looking for any car that can drive pretty good in the winter and that has about the same value as my firebird. i think its about 1800. if you have a stick metro that would be awesome. my car is a 1990 305 TBI firebird, the body is alright. there are rust spots starting to form and a hole on the bottom fender. the interior is alright for its age, major thing there is a rip in the driver side seat. the engine runs great for 140k miles being on it. ever since i started running synthetic it started burning oil. i put a little work into the engine and car, the mods are as follows. an LT1 cam, edelbrock tbi intake manifold, new valve springs, new water pump (figured to replace it while i was in there) underdrive pullies, 3.73 auburn posi, and a flowmaster muffler. stock the car ran a horrible 17.2 at 89 mph. after the cam it ran 14.9 @ 92 mph. i was VERY impressed with the 305. i have a hooker catback that i have been meaning to put on but havent since i got the 96 formula. so if anyone wants to get rid of a metro or civic or something like that give me a call, (414)975-3728
-justin

Knyghtmare
08-28-2003, 10:18 PM
I have an Olds Delta 88 I would trade :D

96fireturd
08-29-2003, 01:01 AM
well i have no idea what that looks like. at first i thought you said it was an 88, as in the year, but then i did some reaserching. so how old is this thing exactly? by the looks of that grin i think it might be a 70's or something like that. if your serious tell me a bit more about it and do you have any pics?

Knyghtmare
08-29-2003, 01:54 AM
Its a 1985-86 Delta 88 Royal... the thing rides like a cady... The interior is clean and maroon, the exterior is a goldish brown that I cant discribe, and it looks like a winter beater... its not that bad tho, its still presentable enogh... Thats basically what I use it for. Its a 305 that dont burn oil and runs good... just put in a radiator... An old guy had it before me and I never beat on it... I used to take it back and forth from the Hartland area to Madison when I would come home from college... Thats how I know it rides like a cady. :)

It looks like this, tho this isnt the exact one and mine is a 4 door sedan.
http://members.aol.com/jcrash7/joedelta.jpg

lotsals1
08-31-2003, 11:10 PM
how much you want for it outright i need a second car

96fireturd
09-01-2003, 06:38 PM
well i put it in edmunds in average condition and it came up with $759. but there is no way i am getting rid of the car for that low. i know you never get back the money you put into it, but the posi rear cost me a grand to get. with all BS aside, i am pretty firm at $1500. i think thats a pretty darn good deal if you ask me.

Black94Z28
02-16-2005, 02:29 AM
1990 toyota sr5 ill give ya for 500....runs fine...never had a problem with her...toyota engine will prb outlast the body.....'

chad