PDA

View Full Version : who should win the MVP?

forcefedss
12-17-2007, 07:43 PM
honestly i think brett should. only becuz of all the records he broke this year. and he's humble and dosent get all cocky..

idc what ppl say how brady should get it...

or anyone else in that matter

Yooformula
12-17-2007, 07:53 PM
imo, only if he wins the superbowl.

Prince Valiant
12-17-2007, 07:55 PM
If brett gets it, it would definitely be a "legacy" award. It's not that he's not anywhere close to being the MVP, or having an MVP "type" season, he is...but he not playing like Brady is this year. Still, there will probably be a few sentimental votes for him.

But usually, BEST TEAM'S BEST PLAYER = MVP

theavenger333
12-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Brady, Romo, Favre all in the running, Brady has the obvious edge, then it's a toss up. if you look at the teams, i'd say the Packers would suck if Favre wasn't there. the Cowboys could start another QB and still be decent. therefore i go with Favre. like it was said above, whomever wins the super bowl prob gets it

PB86MCSS
12-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Do they do the voting before the Super Bowl like baseball? I forget....

I think Brady has it hands down, even with a couple mediocre weeks his numbers are out of this world this year. In a normal season Favre would have a much better chance, the season Brady is having is once every so often, even though Manning did it a couple years ago.

Karps TA
12-17-2007, 08:54 PM
Brady has it. I mean especially if they go undefeated and he breaks the single season TD passing record. Favres had a damn good year, and any other year he'd be the sentimental favorite, but Brady is playing like no one ever has.

forcefedss
12-17-2007, 08:55 PM
it would be nice him gettin another mvp title..hell, he already got sportsman of the year..

BeesTwinEG
12-17-2007, 09:20 PM
I say, brady or randy moss and just maybe favre because he just broke dan marino's record lol. but we will see.

Seems like Patriots will go to superbowl :thumbsup

hrsp
12-18-2007, 04:25 AM
ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE....TOM BRADY...even if you hate the man the numbers dont lie...Favre isnt even close to being the mvp...you GET HALL OF FAME VOTES FOR CAREER MILESTONES not mvp's

pickardracing
12-18-2007, 08:24 AM
The question you need to ask is simple.

Where would either of these teams be without their quarterbacks?

I've got a feeling that the Pats would still be a contending team with all the talent they have.

Not so sure the Packers would be a contender without Favre.

Favre > Brady

Crawlin
12-18-2007, 08:41 AM
i agree with hrsp about the hall of fame votes compared to MVP, BUT, i still say that will have some sway in the voters mind for MVP.

I say it's gonna be either Brady or Farve like the rest of you. Forget Romo, this last game proved he doesn't deserve it.

If they go undefeated and win the S.B., then Brady will get it. I think the only shot Farve has at it is if he goes further into the playoff's then Brady. I think that will be the deciding factor

HAMRHEAD
12-18-2007, 04:08 PM
It should go to Favre or Romo. I hate Romo but he is in the running. Brady shouldn't get it cause the point of the award isn't the best numbers. It is for the player most valuable to HIS team that led them to a winning season. The Packers would be no where near their current position in the NFL without Favre. They would be at 500 at best and that is what makes a player an MVP. I could put up numbers playing with the talent Brady is surrounded by. He isn't the sole reason they are where they are. Romo is like Favre but still with more help than Favre gets on the Packers. Not saying they suck but without him they are doomed right now.

Deggy
12-18-2007, 04:34 PM
Brett Favre should win, and he will get it for sure with a Super Bowl victory.

hrsp
12-18-2007, 05:47 PM
ouch my head hurts

Anakonda69
12-18-2007, 09:50 PM
favre cuz dallas and ne do ok without romo or brady...packers do **** without favre

hrsp
12-18-2007, 09:53 PM
favre cuz dallas and ne do ok without romo or brady...packers do **** without favre

um...no that makes no sense...brady is MVP enough said...

BeesTwinEG
12-19-2007, 12:08 AM
thank hrsp....

brady I agree but just maybe moss :-)

If patriots did not have brady, believe me they will be still raw!

Anakonda69
12-19-2007, 09:00 AM
um...no that makes no sense...brady is MVP enough said...

guess the idea of the "MOST VAULABLE PLAYER" eludes you.....

lit666
12-19-2007, 09:36 AM
Brady should win but they might give it to Brett just to make him feel good. There are so may Farve a$$ kissers out there it's pathetic.

Prince Valiant
12-19-2007, 09:46 AM
yeah...i don't agree that it's the person that's most valuable to any given team...if that was the case, then the teams record would indicate that while valuable to the team, overall your not that valuable (as if you were a great player on the MIA dolphins). Best teams most valuable player is almost invariably best player or MVP of the best team...

...this year though, I think most your top tier teams put forth convincing cases for their respective best players though.

hrsp
12-19-2007, 03:11 PM
brady dies...who's there QB????? you think they would be 14-0 without him?

hes the best player on the best team and his numbers are record breaking!!! cmon it easy

HAMRHEAD
12-19-2007, 04:08 PM
14-0 no, but in playoff contention? Yes. Moss alone has made QB's look good, ask Culpepper. Plus their Defense is great as well. So I think they would be just fine without him. Not saying he isn't good cause he is and I hate saying that! However he is far from legendary status! He may be one day but he isn't right now.

hrsp
12-19-2007, 06:16 PM
moss with oakland??? do you remember? he couldnt make there qb look good?

i dont know why there is so much hate for brady...he's GREAT...and is very well deserving for the mvp...

HAMRHEAD
12-19-2007, 11:29 PM
Moss plays good when he wants to play good. He is an ass about it. Remember his rookie year and the issue Carter had with it and talked to him about it? So your saying if Brady were a Packer they would be 14-0? He's good but not great and has a lot to prove yet.

hrsp
12-20-2007, 04:04 AM
brady isnt great yet? look at the superbowl rings...

if brady was a packer they might be 14-0...but thats just assuming

Neal Steffek
12-20-2007, 04:25 AM
reading this thread I have learned one thing. hrsp knows nothing about football.

/thread

HAMRHEAD
12-20-2007, 10:03 AM
brady isnt great yet? look at the superbowl rings...

if brady was a packer they might be 14-0...but thats just assuming

Everyone that played with him has the same rings, does that mean they are all great/legendary players? I don't hear anyone chanting their names. There is more to football than stats. Great stats don't always tell the whole story. Neither do rings, ask Marino.

flyin_blue_egg
12-20-2007, 10:39 AM
The question you need to ask is simple.

Where would either of these teams be without their quarterbacks?

I've got a feeling that the Pats would still be a contending team with all the talent they have.

Not so sure the Packers would be a contender without Favre.

Favre > Brady

how do you say that....the pats have no running game,with the exception of last week, thus they need brady just like the pack need favre....but brady has the edge in the fact that he has more Td's

HAMRHEAD
12-20-2007, 09:48 PM
I think the pats would be a little better off than the pack without their QB :rolleyes:

hrsp
12-21-2007, 03:45 AM
stats and rings dont tell the whole story??? then what does? you play to win superbowls...and stats help you get in the HOF

Poncho
12-21-2007, 04:36 AM
Brett Favre should win, and he will get it for sure with a Super Bowl victory.

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.

BeesTwinEG
12-21-2007, 10:13 AM
sorry but I hardly doubt Packers will make to superbowl.

hrsp
12-21-2007, 03:14 PM
reading this thread I have learned one thing. hrsp knows nothing about football.

/thread

:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf :rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

Deggy
12-21-2007, 03:33 PM
I reject your reality and substitute it with my own.

you drive a glorified Grand Am Dan....your reality is just as blurred as mine. :goof

70challenger452
12-21-2007, 06:55 PM
Brady is going to win it, I don't care who you hate or who love, the only thing that matters is that Brady is going to win it

hrsp
12-30-2007, 01:23 PM
so is there still doubt that BRADY WILL WIN THE MVP??????

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha all those who say he wont get it....

nismodave
12-30-2007, 01:27 PM
Brady.........

Reverend Cooper
12-30-2007, 01:30 PM
brady,only cuz i cant stand farve and the packers.

DirtyMax
12-30-2007, 01:48 PM
I like Favre just as much as the next Cheesehead, but I have to say but Brady should be the MVP pretty unanimously. 50 TD's and leading a team to a prefect 16-0 regular season. People have done one or the other but not both and certainly not in the same season.

hrsp
01-05-2008, 06:23 PM
just wanna point out that BRADY WON THE MVP....WOW

HAMRHEAD
01-05-2008, 08:43 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/image/file/3067/lead/random_key_76512_file_open-uri.13085.1.jpgWho would have thought the old man throwing long bombs in a Levis commercial would be the same guy in contention for winning the NFL MVP?

Sure he isn't as polished, as talented, or as lucky as Tom Brady is, but in my opinion that only adds to his resume.

Let me start off by saying, I do not like Brett Favre, mainly because of his indecision in the past few years about his future.

As much as I didn't want to see him succeed, and as little as my heart values the success he has had this year, he has undeniably done marvelous things.

This award, unlike the Heisman, goes to the Most Valuable Player. Tom Brady, however talented he is, isn't the sole player keeping this team in the Super Bowl contention. You place any good NFL starter (Derek Anderson-caliber) behind Dan Koppen, and the team still succeeds.

This is not the same case in Green Bay.

What the Packers (and especially Favre) did before Ryan Grant's emergence was phenomenal. They started off 8-1. A .888 win percentage isn't bad for a team without a good runner, a flaw for which they were being relentlessly criticized.

You try substitiuting Derek Anderson in Green Bay? He's toast.

He doesn't have a runner like Lewis, he doesn't have two big-play receivers like Winslow and Edwards (Driver doesn't come close), and he doesn't have sure-hands Jerevicious.

Try to put him in New England. He has 2.5 great receivers to throw to (Moss, Welker, 1/2 Stallworth/Gaffney), he has an ok back in Maroney, and he has an untouchable offensive line.

Favre took this team, which wasn't greatly improved since last season, and made them a Super Bowl contender. Sure the Pack didn't go 16-0, and they didn't set any records (whether individual or as a club), but there is also only one Hall of Fame player on the field... the individual in question.

Brett Favre hasn't had the statistical year Brady has; but it takes a special quarterback to ressurect this team from the dumps it had been in and elevate them to the number two spot in the NFC.

He made something out of nothing.

His Randy Moss is Greg Jennings, his Wes Welker is Donald Driver. It just doesn't seem fair, does it?

Despite being 38, he has still managed to throw for over 4,000 yards, and managed a 96 passer rating.

Those numbers are statistically his best in 11 years, the last time they made a Super Bowl run.

Tom Brady may be a better overall player, heck, he may be the greatest quarterback to every play the game; but then-again, he is also throwing to a Hall of Famer, and is being protected by three Pro Bowlers, the two positions that are most-needed for an NFL QB to have success.

The only offensive teammate Favre will be alongside in Hawaii is Driver, who is a reserve wide out.

For my money, an MVP is a guy who makes a lot out of a little. Those guys are irreplaceable. That guy, is Brett Favre.
http://bleacherreport.com/image/file/3066/lead/random_key_18465_file_open-uri.13085.0.jpg

hrsp
01-06-2008, 01:23 AM
nice speech...but his age doesnt matter and brady is the better qb now and he is just as valuable to his team as brett is to the pack...yikes packer fans are crazy

HAMRHEAD
01-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Not crazy, just smarter.

hrsp
01-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Not crazy, just smarter.

yes...yes you are:durr