PDA

View Full Version : Looking into my crystal ball... Packers predictions!

Moparjim
12-17-2007, 01:10 PM
Left for dead Vikings squeek into playoffs with a wildcard, eventually meeting the Packers. Repeat of last playoff thrashing with about 6 Brett Favre INTs. Packers 14-2 dream season ended with shocked Packers fans crying in their cheesehats...

Flame on!

GHOSST
12-17-2007, 02:00 PM
Left for dead Vikings squeek into playoffs with a wildcard, eventually meeting the Packers. Repeat of last playoff thrashing with about 6 Brett Favre INTs. Packers 14-2 dream season ended with shocked Packers fans crying in their cheesehats...

Flame on!
Hmmmm... haterade! Althought the packers have been known to disappoint...

pickardracing
12-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Well, seeing as how the Packers will most likely end up as the 2 seed, and the Vikings most likely the 6th, they wouldnt see each other until the NFC Champoinship game.

And there isnt a chance in hell that the Vikings go anywhere after the first (much less second) round, so your logic is flawed.

You FAIL

Karps TA
12-17-2007, 02:12 PM
I think Dallas chokes against Washington, as Romo has whatever brains he had in him sucked out by Jessica Simpson either the fun way or just by talking to her alot.

GB get's home field advantage and cruises to the Super Bowl. Where they meet Indy who lucks out when Jax beats NE giving the game back to Indy at home.

Favre and Peyton battle it out much like they will in the record books when all is said and done. And much like Elway and Favre's battle the old veteran wins out as America celebrates it's greatest sport moment ever. Favre then comes back the next year, just to annoy Aaron Rodgers.

DirtyMax
12-17-2007, 02:21 PM
I like your story much better, as far fetched as it may seem. But that's why they play the games!

Mr. Brett
12-17-2007, 02:54 PM
I could totally see the Vikings knocking the Packers off, but like was mentioned earlier, they wouldn't play until the championship game. And the Vikings aren't going that far. I agree that the Cowboys are gonna choke against the Redskins and give Green Bay the home advantage. As far as Super Bowl....well, it's definitely a possibility. Especially if the Pack plays at home throughout the playoffs. I don't know who's gonna be there from the AFC. New England could continue to dominate but I think it's more likely that someone like Jacksonville or Indy knocks them out. They've looked pretty vulnerable against some shitty teams the past few weeks.

Moparjim
12-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Well one thing I know for sure is I absolutely hate New England. I am pissed that the Steelers blew it against them two weeks ago, and appear to be blowing it even further. I pray daily that someone at least knocks the Patriots out of the playoffs, be it Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Jacksonville, whoever.

I also would definitely love to see another Packers/Vikings playoff game, regardless of the outcome, but agree that its a long shot. I think the Vikings have a very good chance of getting a wild card at this point, mainly since other teams have been blowing it. I also think they have a decent/fair shot at beating either Tampa or Seattle, if they keep playing the way they have the last few weeks. Dallas or Green Bay will then most likely smoke them unless I get a miracle!

Prince Valiant
12-17-2007, 03:41 PM
It's entirely possible that they lose out too...

Now myself, I think MN wins tonight. Playing at home, against a demoralized bear's team that has virtually NO chance of making the play-offs(they are not mathmatically eliminated yet), it's unlikely to forsee a MN lost.

But, next week they play against a team in the hunt, Washington. Here's the scary thing about teams that have been hot...they DO cool off. Washington is just heating up and playing with renewed energy, whereas MN has been here a while...it's hard to keep the focus to win week-in-week-out, so a trip up is likely. And it's not that one tires of the focus, it's just that the human element seeps in...pretty soon, you believe the hype, and you begin to take it easier in practice/film/etc thinking that you've arrived, and lose what got you there in the first place.

Then MN goes to Denver...a historically tough place to play, especially for a dome/turf team so late in the year. And while the broncos don't have anything to play for at this point, these teams that are close/but not there LOVE playing the spoiler role...look at the pack/bears game last year.

So I wouldn't go planning my trip to the super-bowl just yet if I was an MN fan...I put the chance of them making the play-off's at only 50% given their current posistion.

In the NFC I tend to think your play-off picture will look like this:
1. DAL
2. GB
3. SEA
4. TB
5. NYG
6. NO/MN have an equal chance...I give the slight edge to NO though as I think the two teams finish with equal records, but NO will win on the better conference record.

On this side, NO/MN beats SEA. TB beats NYG. DAL beats NO/MN, GB beats TB. I think GB beats DAL in a rematch.

On the AFC side:
1. NE
2. Indy
3. SD
4. PIT
5. JAX
6. CLE

On this side, I think SD beats CLE at home. I think Jax beats the steelers. Then Indy beats SD, and Jax puts up a good fight, but loses to NE. Indy beats NE finally at foxboro.

GB beats INDY. There, I said it. Now let it be done.

Car Guy
12-17-2007, 04:24 PM
Well I will say that the Cowboys were looking 'confused' to say the least against the Eagles. They didn't look like the Cowboys of late, having a good time joking around with each other and so forth.....

If that trend continues I will put $$$ on it that GB takes the NFC cake, if Dallas comes back to life it's too close to call. That's assuming neither team has injuries however.....

As far as the AFC goes I hate to say it but I think the Patriots will win it, I hope not but we'll see.....

Just my three cents...... :goof

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

70challenger452
12-17-2007, 04:46 PM
I could see the packers tripping up in the last game against detriot, much like the bears did last year against the packers, then the packers each game in the NFC by winning the games all by very small margins, then getting destroyed the the SB by the pats

WickedSix
12-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Da bears....by 487 points :thumbsup

Nix
12-17-2007, 06:04 PM
Da bears....by 487 points :thumbsup

Da Bears are about to get the living shit whopped out of them this evening by the vikings. :banana1:

as much of a packer fan that Iam they will not make it to the super bowl, no way in hell and IF they did the young team that they are ecluding a few players would choke.

Todd Z
12-17-2007, 06:59 PM
I think Dallas chokes against Washington, as Romo has whatever brains he had in him sucked out by Jessica Simpson either the fun way or just by talking to her alot.

GB get's home field advantage and cruises to the Super Bowl. Where they meet Indy who lucks out when Jax beats NE giving the game back to Indy at home.

Favre and Peyton battle it out much like they will in the record books when all is said and done. And much like Elway and Favre's battle the old veteran wins out as America celebrates it's greatest sport moment ever. Favre then comes back the next year, just to annoy Aaron Rodgers.

I AGREE 100%:thumbsup

Todd Z
12-17-2007, 07:09 PM
Look at the last four games the Pats have played,
4. Eagles Barely lost and still and average team

3. Ravens should have won and they are sliding into depths with the Jets and Rams.

2. Steelers they beat with a solid performance.

1. Jets 20-10 once again the Jets should have been 56-3 and no the weather is not an excuse.

The Colts destroyed the Ravens. Healthy Colts and Patriots, I say Indy in the big dance with Green bay!

Karps TA
12-17-2007, 09:10 PM
Yeah those Minnesota Vikings sure look like a playoff juggernaut tonite.

What is with these wannabe playoff teams not stepping up lately?

Nix
12-17-2007, 10:13 PM
Yeah those Minnesota Vikings sure look like a playoff juggernaut tonite.

What is with these wannabe playoff teams not stepping up lately?

No shit agreed, damn Im eating my words about the vikings rolling over the bears. :chair: