PDA

View Full Version : MFBA at RA this spring!

SSmike1
12-17-2007, 12:39 PM
well,
to get this section More Up to date,...

MFBA will be at RA this spring! :thumbsup
:banana1:

start saving up the dough
and getting the brakes and car ready!

http://roadamerica.fbody.us/

Flicktitty
12-17-2007, 01:45 PM
Just Talking to Turtle and John on friday about this, and i will be up there this year. can't wait.

Todd Z
12-17-2007, 07:13 PM
I can't wait that long. I think I am going to either VIR in March or Road Atlanta in February with NASA.

michelle
12-17-2007, 07:29 PM
Planning on having the '90 run both days. Perhaps Adam one day, me the other.

TURTLE
12-17-2007, 08:20 PM
hey michelle, care to take a ride in the neon for a session? i think the car should be a little better than it was last time out:devil:banana

michelle
12-17-2007, 08:56 PM
Definitely!

STANMAN
12-17-2007, 09:07 PM
Definitely!

Remember, Patty vs. SHO, you buy the brake pads/tires!!

michelle
12-17-2007, 09:21 PM
No no no, I simply offered to trailer Patty back to my place. Lose the race, lose your ride, remember?

Flicktitty
12-17-2007, 09:22 PM
hey michelle, care to take a ride in the neon for a session? i think the car should be a little better than it was last time out:devil:banana

That offer still stand for me? :headbang

STANMAN
12-17-2007, 09:30 PM
No no no, I simply offered to trailer Patty back to my place. Lose the race, lose your ride, remember?

I don't think Adam would approve:D

michelle
12-17-2007, 09:34 PM
I don't think Adam would approve:D

I'm sure there are parts we could take off of her and sell to buy upgrades for the SHO. Maybe melt some plastic and make a chair or something too.

STANMAN
12-17-2007, 09:38 PM
I'm sure there are parts we could take off of her and sell to buy upgrades for the SHO. Maybe melt some plastic and make a chair or something too.

What do you mean sell some parts off of it for an upgrade? The Mustang IS the upgrade to the SHO:rolf

michelle
12-17-2007, 09:40 PM
Maybe a '69 Mach 1 or if it were a GT500, I would consider it an upgrade. Until then 4 doors > 2 doors.

STANMAN
12-17-2007, 09:42 PM
Maybe a '69 Mach 1 or if it were a GT500, I would consider it an upgrade. Until then 4 doors > 2 doors.

Ouch. Hey, I would consider either of those cars an upgrade to mine to:wooo

zerepdivad
12-18-2007, 01:58 AM
Just wondering how strict they are on the cracked windshield thing?...... Both my cars have small cracks in the windshield, and i got other things that are first on my list of priorities for my cars than the windshield. So if i can get some feedback from someone who's actually been in this that'd be great.

TURTLE
12-18-2007, 07:49 AM
That offer still stand for me? :headbang

yessir... i've got a bad feeling there's gonna be a line to ride in the neon...

maybe i should put up a sign, "you must be this tall to ride":rolf:rolf

michelle
12-18-2007, 07:51 AM
I'm also hoping a beautiful Stealth will be there again to get a ride in.....

6forwardgears
12-18-2007, 09:37 AM
I'm also hoping a beautiful Stealth will be there again to get a ride in.....

Riding in fast cars for the lose.. I'd rather kick around in a power wheels in the infield then ride along in someone else's fast car

michelle
12-18-2007, 10:26 AM
Well I just assumed asking to drive it would be pushing my luck....

Want_Notch
12-18-2007, 11:56 AM
I will be there to hang out at least.
Maybe with a Caddy if I get ride of the stang by then.

STANMAN
12-18-2007, 06:07 PM
Well I just assumed asking to drive it would be pushing my luck....

****, if Jesse is up there, I want a ride in it to. If he lets me drive it, all the better, but that car is so effing nice, I wouldn't pass an opportunity to just take a ride in it either!!!!

STANMAN
12-18-2007, 06:08 PM
Come to think of it, I just won't let him pass tech if he won't let me drive it:rolf:rolf:thumbsup

TURTLE
12-18-2007, 09:59 PM
i'm all for driving fast cars, but if i don't know the car at all, and i'm gonna hop in it and take hot laps on RA(up to 140-150mph in a prepped vette up there) i wouldn't feel comfortable at all! not saying i'm not a compitent driver, just i wouldn't be able to push the car to what it could do... hell i felt scared first lap out last year in todd's z06... after the 1st 2 corners it wasn't bad, but 155 into T1 was kinda scary as we're turning and back on the gas....

man that was fun...

SSmike1
12-19-2007, 12:18 PM
hey Josh,
to who did he tell you to tell you that to who?
:confused

TURTLE
12-19-2007, 06:54 PM
i was replying to purplezed's post...

i'm not reckless by any means, but i'd at least like to be comfortable in that specific car before i'm balls out in ANY spirited driving! (RA included)

SSmike1
12-20-2007, 11:42 AM
Josh
i am just making that up
i am teasing you Bro'

:rolf

turbogarrett
12-23-2007, 11:06 AM
You guy's need to get a ride with Nigel (blue sti). Mildly modded and has gone 2:28's:stare. I had to reinstall the holyshit handle after a 20 minute deathgrip, but it sure was fun!

Just finished buying most of the components for my new motor, time to get to work. See you in 5 months!

TURTLE
12-23-2007, 01:21 PM
was that the rally-esque one that was up there only for saturday(can't recall seeing him on sunday)? i'd love to go for as many rides as i can stomach! the more ideas i get for lines, braking, track-outs, and pointers i can get, the better!

turbogarrett
12-23-2007, 01:55 PM
No, just a normal looking blue sti with a small trailer for extra wheels/toolbox. He was running some gold rota slipstreams iirc.

TURTLE
12-24-2007, 10:27 AM
oh, ok... i remember the car...

he was that fast? i never thought anything special about the car, so i never timed him... wow... just goes to prove, never judge a book by it's cover!

Todd Z
12-24-2007, 12:13 PM
You guy's need to get a ride with Nigel (blue sti). Mildly modded and has gone 2:28's:stare. I had to reinstall the holyshit handle after a 20 minute deathgrip, but it sure was fun!

Just finished buying most of the components for my new motor, time to get to work. See you in 5 months!

2:28, I would have to see it to beleive it. That is fast for a STI!

Heat Seeker WS6
12-24-2007, 12:39 PM
What is this place you speak of?:goof
:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf

turbogarrett
12-24-2007, 12:55 PM
When I last rode with him he was pulling 2:33's and that was a few years back on stock rotors/calipers/ra-1's. Now he is running hoosiers and stoptechs. I saw a bunch of sub 2:30 lap times on his ultralap timer.

His car makes ~400 to the tires on 100 octane with a 20g turbo setup, nothing too exotic. He said he would like to prep the car further, but it is his only car and he needs it to drive the kids to school and get to work:D

Taetsch Z-24
12-24-2007, 07:49 PM
I would really love to race, but from what i gather, its all a higher HP class i would be in.

looks like i need to get with the SCCA to get registered.

Chris

Heat Seeker WS6
12-24-2007, 09:21 PM
I would really love to race, but from what i gather, its all a higher HP class i would be in.

looks like i need to get with the SCCA to get registered.

Chris

No you dont need to be an SCCA member. If you've never done the MFBA event before and/or a novice to that track you'll be in our Novice run group. See my thread in the events forum and look at the URL for the event & read the stuff over on it.
HP doesnt have as much as you might think to due with class assignments. If your referrring to your 205hp cavilier as the car you'd be driving, I wouldnt worry about a higher grouping.
Send me a PM with your driving history & car details. I'll help ya out
john

TURTLE
12-24-2007, 09:56 PM
don't worry about high HP cars.... hell, my little peon only puts about 130 to the wheels... and i was nose to tail with a 93'ish cobra mustang for quite a few laps(before he pointed me by)... and i was still on street tires...

don't worry so much about the car, as long as it'll make it around the track, it's all good.. worry more about the driver ;)

JRink
12-26-2007, 07:45 PM

Is that the guy who was up there with Rudy Aries this last October? Rudy told me that car is insane. Very competent driver as well. 2:28 is an insanely fast time. I mean, that's faster (I believe) than 95% of the people running in the Aggressive class. I've done a 2:38 at RA, and I can't fathom how much faster I'd have to be going to shave 10 seconds of lap times. In fact, I don't think I'd want to go that fast - at least with my experience level (approx 8 HPDE events)

As for driving other peoples cars, man you guys are nuts. ;) I would never want to drive another persons car in anything but the pace lap. The chance of something bad happening when you race around in a car you have no familiarity with is pretty high I'd imagine. Especially if the car isn't stock and has balls.

Anyways, ride alongs for Michelle and Bob shouldn't be an issue - I've got you both penciled in. I have to keep one session open for G.B. if he is willing to instruct me once again (I learned a ton from him), and another session or two for some local 3S guys. Heck, if anything, I can always make a pit stop halfway through and swap passengers if necessary to fit more people in. ;) If I can't fit people in, there's always the pace lap and having fun around town.

April is always much scarier than October though. The track is always cold as hell, slippery, and not friendly. That's the only downside of April racing.

JR

turbogarrett
12-26-2007, 09:09 PM
Is that the guy who was up there with Rudy Aries this last October? Rudy told me that car is insane. Very competent driver as well. 2:28 is an insanely fast time.

No, I think that was somebody else. Lot's of fast subies up there!

TURTLE
12-27-2007, 10:54 PM
i can't wait for april! now it's the choices on which parts to get up til then! lol

Heat Seeker WS6
12-27-2007, 11:05 PM
Dates are IN! See the thread in events!

STANMAN
12-29-2007, 04:37 AM
Is that the guy who was up there with Rudy Aries this last October? Rudy told me that car is insane. Very competent driver as well. 2:28 is an insanely fast time. I mean, that's faster (I believe) than 95% of the people running in the Aggressive class. I've done a 2:38 at RA, and I can't fathom how much faster I'd have to be going to shave 10 seconds of lap times. In fact, I don't think I'd want to go that fast - at least with my experience level (approx 8 HPDE events)

As for driving other peoples cars, man you guys are nuts. ;) I would never want to drive another persons car in anything but the pace lap. The chance of something bad happening when you race around in a car you have no familiarity with is pretty high I'd imagine. Especially if the car isn't stock and has balls.

Anyways, ride alongs for Michelle and Bob shouldn't be an issue - I've got you both penciled in. I have to keep one session open for G.B. if he is willing to instruct me once again (I learned a ton from him), and another session or two for some local 3S guys. Heck, if anything, I can always make a pit stop halfway through and swap passengers if necessary to fit more people in. ;) If I can't fit people in, there's always the pace lap and having fun around town.

April is always much scarier than October though. The track is always cold as hell, slippery, and not friendly. That's the only downside of April racing.

JR

I now have your car in Forza, and I can't even control it there, lol!!

Josepy
01-03-2008, 12:04 PM
im going to come to this and watch. then probably enter my car in it in fall.