PDA

View Full Version : I am Legend movie

88Nightmare
12-16-2007, 01:53 AM
Saw it tonight. I liked it. Definitely a cool and interesting story line. As the current story line would be going along, every so often it would flash back to how things came to be in present day in the movie. As the flashbacks happened, they would always leave you in suspense, waiting for the next flashback. I kinda liked that, kept me entertained, always waiting to see what would happen next. I dont want to give away the story line. Obviously if you saw previews, you would see that its based in the future, Will Smith is the only person alive while roaming around a desolate new york city. I wont say why NYC is completely empty, gotta see the movie to find out, but I'd recommend this movie. Kinda sci-fi, action, I'd definitely buy it when it comes out on DVD :headbang

6forwardgears
12-16-2007, 07:49 AM
Yeah, I saw it last night too. It was a really good movie. I liked the part with the GT500 in the beginning. You could even hear the blower whine a little. :thumbsup

Also, I thought the ending was a little cheap. It felt a little tacked on and contrived, but all and all I would give the movie 8.5/10.

88Nightmare
12-16-2007, 03:46 PM
the ending made me kind of wonder if there will be a sequal. it left a lot of questions unanswered, kind of leaving the door open to the possibility of a sequal.

MyWhiteZ
12-16-2007, 04:38 PM
http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/repost.gif

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23879

:) always wanted to do that

88Nightmare
12-16-2007, 04:47 PM
my bad :D

MyWhiteZ
12-16-2007, 07:17 PM
did anyone else think they saw "freds" head turn as he drove by right before Neville realized he had been moved. I thought i was crazy but after talkin to some friends that saw it last night they saw the same thing.

88Nightmare
12-16-2007, 07:24 PM
I thought the exact same thing. as he was driving by I thought "oh shit, did he just find another survivor?"

6forwardgears
12-16-2007, 07:46 PM
http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/repost.gif

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23879

:) always wanted to do that

:rolf I see we shared exactly the same sentiments.

Will you marry me? :wow

05caddyext
12-21-2007, 01:40 AM
the ending made me kind of wonder if there will be a sequal. it left a lot of questions unanswered, kind of leaving the door open to the possibility of a sequal.

what makes you think that? wouldnt make any sense.

freds head definetly turns in that shot you see when hes driving by.

thought the movie was really good, will smith has come a long way. hopefully his career progresses to the level of denzel washington someday, he definetly has the potential. anyone know if will smith was named in the "steroid" report? hes huge.

Poncho
12-21-2007, 03:05 AM
thought the movie was really good, will smith has come a long way. hopefully his career progresses to the level of denzel washington someday, he definetly has the potential. anyone know if will smith was named in the "steroid" report? hes huge.

He bulked up like a mo-fo for Ali, and kinda stayed there. I'm sure Jada doesn't mind.

Silver350
12-21-2007, 06:57 AM
I think I am going to see this movie next week when I am off of work.

Brian98GTP
12-21-2007, 08:32 AM
I was hesitant on reading the original post, just in case it contained a spoiler... but you did a good job on keeping it cool.
Thanks!:thumbsup
That was the only post I read, too. LOL

I'm going to see it tonight. I'll post up what I thought about it later tonight.

Deggy
12-21-2007, 10:34 AM
i saw it opening night and the night after with different people. overall i enjoyed the movie, could of went into more detail of how the stuff was spread, but overall i liked it, and you can see a grand am SC/T in the movie....i know its common to see grand am's probably...just saying...from a grand am owner thought it was pretty cool.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z6/deggyfresh/Picture201.jpg

Beagle
12-21-2007, 04:23 PM
the thing that gets me is how the hell does he have electricity and pretty much eerything like gas etc? awesome movie though i liked it alot.

Deggy
12-21-2007, 04:25 PM
he still has electricty because things still run fine, just the entire population was killed....

im sure in that collection of keys in his closet he had access to the gas/electric company headquarters.

Brian98GTP
12-21-2007, 06:50 PM
Well, I went and saw it.... thought it was decent.

SPOILER BELOW!!!!........DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE MOVIE...

I'd give it a 7 out of 10.
Great idea for a movie, but there were a lot of gay things in it, IMO.

Also, whats funny is...all that sh1t at the end wouldnt have happened if Will just would have remembered about his own boobie trap, LOL. Then he would have met that chick at the dock, his dog would be alive, and he could have made sure those retarded people wouldnt have followed him home, etc.....

Yes, that manican's head turned. That was the first thing I noticed. :durr
My first thought was that it was the 'leader' of the fvcked up people.... not sure why they put that part in the movie. :confused

Deggy
12-21-2007, 06:57 PM
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE FRED! IF YOU'RE REAL YOU BETTER TELL ME RIGHT NOW!"
-Will Smith yelling at the maiquin

GTSLOW
12-21-2007, 07:05 PM
I liked it alot! Can't wait to see it in HD w/ surround sound!

6forwardgears
12-22-2007, 10:21 AM
the thing that gets me is how the hell does he have electricity and pretty much eerything like gas etc? awesome movie though i liked it alot.

I'm pretty sure they show a generator running in his house towards the beginning of the movie.

6forwardgears
12-22-2007, 10:22 AM
Also, whats funny is...all that sh1t at the end wouldnt have happened if Will just would have remembered about his own boobie trap, LOL. Then he would have met that chick at the dock, his dog would be alive, and he could have made sure those retarded people wouldnt have followed him home, etc.....

It wasn't his own boobie trap. It was set by the "leader" of the darkseekers.

05caddyext
12-22-2007, 01:02 PM
I think what he meant was if he had remembered how he had set up his own boobie trap, he wouldn't have gotten caught by that other guys trap. There weren't any other people that would have moved Fred out there, will smith didn't put Fred there, he was somewhere else. Someone moved Fred there so Will Smith would be drawn to him because he was out of place.

6forwardgears
12-22-2007, 01:12 PM
I think what he meant was if he had remembered how he had set up his own boobie trap, he wouldn't have gotten caught by that other guys trap. There weren't any other people that would have moved Fred out there, will smith didn't put Fred there, he was somewhere else. Someone moved Fred there so Will Smith would be drawn to him because he was out of place.

I know, but there are a lot of people out there (me included, at first) that thought that it was a trap that Neville had previously set up and then forgot about and got stuck in his own trap (that's not what happened though)

88Nightmare
12-22-2007, 03:41 PM
in the beginning of the movie they show will smith's house and multiple generators. they also show a spot in the movie where he is at a gas station with an old fashioned mechanical hand pump pulling gasoline out of a holding tank at a gas station. the whole city has no electricity.

Beagle
12-22-2007, 03:49 PM
well i watched it online and it was shitty quality. thanks for clearing that up for me.

Deggy
12-22-2007, 03:56 PM
well i watched it online and it was shitty quality. thanks for clearing that up for me.

you movie pirate

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z6/deggyfresh/PrinceofPirates.jpg

Beagle
12-22-2007, 04:47 PM
not really i watched it on the free sites they have, like www.watch-movies.net and www.onlinecinema.org they are decent sites.

Deggy
12-22-2007, 04:50 PM
never heard of those sites....ill have to check em out..

i was just giving ya a hard time beagle.

Brian98GTP
12-22-2007, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by 05caddyext

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleZed28
I know, but there are a lot of people out there (me included, at first) that thought that it was a trap that Neville had previously set up and then forgot about and got stuck in his own trap (that's not what happened though)

Actually, PurpleZed28 is right. Until she mentioned it, I was under the assumption that Will Smith set that boobie trap and just forgot about it.
It makes sense now how the leader was in that building, holding back the psycho dogs.
This is just another thing about the movie that is really stupid. So you have these infected people who are crazy, drink blood, get burned by UV rays, sleep standing up in the corner of dark buildings, have this super strength, cant figure out how to walk around during the day without getting burned by the light, etc, etc...... Now all of a sudden, they're setting boobie traps, they have a way to communicate with eachother (a form of screaming), can setup a 'stake-out' and follow Will home then come back the next night to attack, can choose a leader, can control these psycho dogs, are smart enough to climb up light poles and knock them over..... Its like they made them stupid as dirt at first, but then they suddenly got super smart and organized overnight.

Its just a movie, I know.... but I've always been like this. I over analyze things, and cant take it for what it is.... a fvcking MOVIE! :rolf
I think I get it from my Dad.:durr

Beagle
12-22-2007, 06:14 PM
heres what im thinking he may have set that trap and forgot about it because he was panicing when fred wasnt where he last saw him. it would make sense at least.

pOrk
12-24-2007, 03:08 AM
28 Days later remade

I liked the movie, but the zombie parts all sucked terribly. Dog and Man relationship portrayed perfectly, Will Smith is a great actor, and the Mustang was gay. That is all :)