PDA

View Full Version : "Merry Christmas" from Ebay seller.........

Brian98GTP
12-15-2007, 05:33 PM
So, back before the server went into self destruct mode :durr, I made a thread asking about remote start systems.
Well, after doing some further research, I ended up going with one of DEI's kits, the Autostart AS-1755v. $90 shipped from an ebay store with over 3000 feedback messages that are all 100% good!

I just recieved the package today from USPS.... open it up, and find that I was mistakenly sent a $250 Belltronics RX 65 Radar/Laser detector!
I havent contacted the seller yet... but DAYUM! What a fvck-up on their end!

Me, being the good person that I am, will be honest and let the seller know his mistake. I'm sure if I kept this, or sold it, or whatever.... karma would end up fvcking me over eventually. It's Christmas time, so when's a better time to be honest... right? :thumbsup

Who knows... maybe he'll appreciate my honesty, and tell me to keep it. :devil

Im sure I already know the majority answer, but WHAT WOULD YOU DO? :shades

Feature Pony
12-15-2007, 05:36 PM
I would send it back, I know my luck though that would never happen to me. I would of got a box of bricks and I would of have had to fight with the seller to get my car starter.

GRAMPS SS
12-15-2007, 05:45 PM
Way to go Brian.:thumbsup...thats is the right thing to do.......i was looking for a new bluetooth...got it from ebay today in the mail..the guy sent me the better one of the two the company makes....emailed him...he emailed me back and told me merry christmas for being honest....now i have a better bluetooth for less of a price....being honest does pay off Brain....just for that...i'll give ya a better price on your jerseys for being honest...better print this so i don't forget....:thumbsup

USMARINE1108
12-15-2007, 09:42 PM
I'd email him, but I'd blow any chance of him letting me keep it with a long ranting email about how I didnt get what I wanted.:durr

Lash
12-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Me, being the good person that I am,

ROFLMAO!!!!
:rolf

:goof

HRSEPLA
12-15-2007, 10:01 PM
I'm a firm believer in karma!
Tina :-)

Brian98GTP
12-15-2007, 11:58 PM
Way to go Brian.:thumbsup...thats is the right thing to do.......i was looking for a new bluetooth...got it from ebay today in the mail..the guy sent me the better one of the two the company makes....emailed him...he emailed me back and told me merry christmas for being honest....now i have a better bluetooth for less of a price....being honest does pay off Brain....just for that...i'll give ya a better price on your jerseys for being honest...better print this so i don't forget....:thumbsup

Haha... thanks Wayne! I doubt I'll remember this though. :durr

Quote: Lash

Originally Posted by Brian98GTP
Me, being the good person that I am,

ROFLMAO!!!!

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/angel.gif

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/naughty.gif

WilliamZ
12-16-2007, 12:46 AM
I'm a firm believer in karma!
Tina :-)

I thought you created your own screen name :confused

hrsp
12-16-2007, 01:08 AM
id send it back..cause i would hope if i did something like that...the person would send it back to me...good job

Brian98GTP
12-17-2007, 07:18 AM
Well, I called the seller who was from Michigan and told him the problem. He was very nice and polite, and said he'd refund my shipping cost of the radar detector.
My remote start would go out either as soon as he got the detector, or as soon as he could send it..... I cant remember what he said.

He DID say that it was his Wife's fault for the screw up, LOL.... but he was very happy for my honesty. :shades

+1 for me I guess..... :thumbsup