PDA

View Full Version : Enough with the snow already

Karps TA
12-15-2007, 05:05 PM
hmmm looks like this 1-2" clearing up in the early afternoon snow forecast was real accurate. :rolleyes: If this has only been 2" then I need to call up some old girlfriends so they can explain to me why 2" wasn't enough for them.

Let me make sure I got this right. Scientists and Al Gore can create a model showing global warming and it destroying life as we know it. However we can't even make a weather model that can predict within 50% of accuracy the snowfall we are going to get within a couple hours of the weather hitting.

88Nightmare
12-15-2007, 06:51 PM
I hear 6-9" in milwaukee and south

JC70SS
12-15-2007, 06:54 PM
more,more,more,more,more,more,more:headbang

GHOSST
12-15-2007, 06:55 PM
I know you guys might kill me... but I do feel bad about it.... It was 70 here in NC on friday... :chair: Sorry!

88Nightmare
12-15-2007, 06:58 PM
dude the snow doesnt bother me. if you dont like snow, move south.... seriously. ya knew this state was in the snow belt when ya moved here, and if you were born here and dont like it, there are 49 other states to live in :D

Besides, without winter, you couldnt appreciate summer. And unless you are vin diesel and this is the fast and the furious and you can do a complete engine rebuild from scratch, drop it in, get it running perfect and hit the street races the next night, winter is a nice time to fix your junk or make it faster.

Flicktitty
12-15-2007, 07:04 PM
i'm getting sick of it personally. But oh well just time to bust out the snowmobile

88Nightmare
12-15-2007, 07:07 PM
flick, you dont have anything cool to drive anyway so snow shouldnt make any difference to you :D

Boost21
12-15-2007, 07:52 PM
milwaukees snow plows ftl

HITMAN
12-15-2007, 08:00 PM
hmmm looks like this 1-2" clearing up in the early afternoon snow forecast was real accurate. :rolleyes: If this has only been 2" then I need to call up some old girlfriends so they can explain to me why 2" wasn't enough for them.

Let me make sure I got this right. Scientists and Al Gore can create a model showing global warming and it destroying life as we know it. However we can't even make a weather model that can predict within 50% of accuracy the snowfall we are going to get within a couple hours of the weather hitting.

Dude, do you have my jacket mic'd or something? Because this was my EXACT rant this afternoon to anybody that was unfortunate enough to be within listening distance. http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6985/rant9vz.gif
Global warming indeed. :punch: I took a Global Warming this morning, and then I had to wipe my Al Gore twice, as it was a bit greasy the first time through. :durr

Z28Roxy
12-15-2007, 08:31 PM
milwaukees snow plows ftl

Lack of Kenosha snow plows ftbl (for the bigger lose) :P

Mr Twigbert
12-15-2007, 08:33 PM
I can handle the snow.. But what I can't handle is the god dam ICE that is like 8 inches thick and reeking havoc on my gutters..

The ice is soooo backed up its forcing ice INSIDE the spaces in the house and then melting INSIDE my house.. Yes, I have water dripping from inside my windows and down my interior walls.. I'm not a happy camper..

BAD LS1
12-15-2007, 08:40 PM
Heh had quite the experience traveling to oshkosh this morning... Just south of lomira, there was 6 car pile up that happend litterally 2 min before coming up to it, black ice event, there was a venture van on its side, still running, lf wheel just winging yet in the air, people crawling out the windshield as we drove past, and a explorer that flipped a few times... and F250 on its lid... rest in the ditch...

This was alot of fun as im driving a 2wd S10 with a 2 place snowmobile trailer on it with a thundercat and an old ski doo... Yeah the moment i breathed on the brakes the ABS was humping, and of course not stopping. Narrowly manuvered around all the assholes scattering in every direction on the ice trying to stop. My ass i dont think was ever puckered so hard before than that helpless feeling of no braking and faint steering due to the glare ice. No plw trucks to be seen the whole trip on 41 the rest of the way.

Rocket Power
12-15-2007, 08:53 PM
For as much as I pay in f-ing taxes in the f-ing city you'd think they could have finished clearing the the snow off my f-ing road before this f-ing storm hit. There was still non-packed down snow on my road yesterday from the last time it snowed here on f-ing tuesday. What, do we only get one f-ing trip down the road with the f-ing plow each f-ing time it f-ing snows? F-ing A-holes

Lash
12-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Bring it on!!! I finally got my plow mount....let it snow all it wants as far as I'm concerned!!!!!

I wen't up to Oshkosh too...missed the pile up by 30 min or so. I heard everybody talking about it at the graduation cermony though. Four wheel drive FTW!

badass88gt
12-15-2007, 09:10 PM
Must be nice. We're not getting anything up here. Same thing every damn storm that rolls through WI. It always hits you guys and never up here.

hotshift13
12-15-2007, 09:20 PM
This is getting to be some bull$hit, thats for sure, I've had to do some sort of shoveling everyday since it started. My driveway is ice I can't even think about pulling my lowered truck into th drive because it is too slippery/high to get through this $hit. But on a good note my warzone backyard looks nice.............

JC70SS
12-15-2007, 11:02 PM
Tommy what are you doing with a T-cat?

SlowStee
12-15-2007, 11:38 PM
this shit is weak...snow = no one going out.

PB86MCSS
12-16-2007, 12:13 AM
For as much as I pay in f-ing taxes in the f-ing city you'd think they could have finished clearing the the snow off my f-ing road before this f-ing storm hit. There was still non-packed down snow on my road yesterday from the last time it snowed here on f-ing tuesday. What, do we only get one f-ing trip down the road with the f-ing plow each f-ing time it f-ing snows? F-ing A-holes

I agree, learning what its like to be a StAllis resident. My street hasn't been clean or close since winter began. WTF.

WilliamZ
12-16-2007, 12:45 AM
Lovin' the snow!

DynoTom
12-16-2007, 12:48 AM
I agree, learning what its like to be a StAllis resident. My street hasn't been clean or close since winter began. WTF.

Yep, Stallis is famous for doing a crap job on plowing.....always been that way as long as I have been here....:fire:fire

DynoTom
12-16-2007, 12:50 AM
Lovin' the snow!

I kinda agree , I never thought blizzaks would make such a bad winter driving car like the RWD Crown Vic so good in the snow.....It's so good in the snow now that I don't mind going out in the snow with it anymore....

hrsp
12-16-2007, 12:53 AM
snow is ok...its the idiots that piss me off...

WilliamZ
12-16-2007, 01:02 AM
I kinda agree , I never thought blizzaks would make such a bad winter driving car like the RWD Crown Vic so good in the snow.....It's so good in the snow now that I don't mind going out in the snow with it anymore....

It makes winter driving so much more fun and safe. Now if everyone would put on snows for winter it would be even better. Instead people like to slide around and drive 10mph and not have a clue.

DynoTom
12-16-2007, 01:08 AM
It makes winter driving so much more fun and safe. Now if everyone would put on snows for winter it would be even better. Instead people like to slide around and drive 10mph and not have a clue.

I'm certain that my Crown Vic with the blizzaks is better in the snow than my 4 x 4 Excursion in 2 wheel drive.....This set of blizzaks is my first set of true winter car tires I have ever owned.....I'm really shocked to see how much of difference a tire can make....

Rocket Power
12-17-2007, 12:10 AM

Yeah, I forgot to tell you that before you got your place:rolf

DirtyMax
12-17-2007, 12:31 PM
Just sucks that they aren't getting even half this much up north where I want it...

Tempest 455
12-17-2007, 04:16 PM
Lived in Milwauke for 37 years before the snow got to me. It's nice to look at on Christmas, otherwise, it can go away.

Prince Valiant
12-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Well, I still wish I had my jeep...however, the insight doesn't do too bad in the white stuff with snow tires. I still pull 45+mpg when it's deep too...

70challenger452
12-17-2007, 05:49 PM
you don't realize how worth it good winter tires are until you drive around on your crappy ones then put on some good ones and it's like snow is suddenly fun as f*** to drive in.