PDA

View Full Version : my driving rant

88Nightmare
12-15-2007, 03:47 PM
it snows in this state at least once every 12 months, you think people would know how to drive in snow.....

I was on 27th and oklahoma, in the land of the uninsured, meeting a friend for lunch who works in that area. Im on 27th street heading back, im slowing to stop at a light, and I get rear ended in the truck. Not hard, but enough to piss me off. I get out, some dude in a mid 90's intrepid rear ended me. He hit the hitch primarily, and luckily I had the receiver in there so that kinda speared his radiator, but he bent the exhaust pipes and broke one of the brackets holding them up. So it looks all bastardized. I think he bent my trailer light recepticle too. He of course didnt have insurance :rolleyes:

He did give me some cash to "keep me happy". So who does mandrel bending for exhaust to get some new tail pipes fabbed up? :rolf

Ricky Bobby
12-15-2007, 04:18 PM
i hate people who dont have insurance cause its always my luck when it happens they never do :fire

Deggy
12-15-2007, 04:23 PM
i dont mind driving in snow at all, because i trust my own driving skill, like in your case, you were driving perfectly fine and got hit by someone else who can't control there car in the snow.

88Nightmare
12-15-2007, 04:24 PM
well there was no body damage, no bumper damage, no hitch damage, just the exhaust pipes and trailer light recepticle thing. the cash he gave me is enough to get new tailpipes fabbed up and some new chrome tips and a new light recepticle deal, but jeez. if you dont have insurance dont drive like a jag. he was mexican too. he was really nice and polite about it, very apologetic, and I realize shit does happen. in the end its all just metal and paint. I just think people need to learn how to drive in snow. whether you got a big 4x4 truck or a little geo metro, learn to drive the ****er.

88Nightmare
12-15-2007, 04:25 PM
i dont mind driving in snow at all, because i trust my own driving skill, like in your case, you were driving perfectly fine and got hit by someone else who can't control there car in the snow.

Exactly.

I have the utmost confidence in my driving, specially in winter. for being a young guy, I do have a lot of miles under my belt. I feel I am a good driver. maybe a little fast at times, and I do get road rage easily, but in winter... I NEVER trust other drivers.

Ricky Bobby
12-15-2007, 04:32 PM
well at least the guy was alright and not a jag, glad he paid ya right away and not tried to mail it to u or sumfin

88Nightmare
12-15-2007, 04:33 PM
I think in wisconsin you have to have at least liability insurance, and he had nothin, so i was ready to call cops. maybe el senor uninsured-o had no green card-o

Deggy
12-15-2007, 04:35 PM
i think wisconsin is one of the only states that don't require a driver to have at least liability, am i wrong?

88Nightmare
12-15-2007, 04:37 PM
im not sure, but I could have sworn it was a law that you need at LEAST liability

Ricky Bobby
12-15-2007, 04:38 PM
u are not required to carry insurance in WI unless its changed i know they were talkin bout it but never made anything solid

TransAm12sec
12-15-2007, 04:41 PM
The worst winters are when the previous season didn't have much snow; then there are two generations of inexperienced drivers.

PureSound15
12-15-2007, 04:49 PM
u are not required to carry insurance in WI

You are correct, sir.

Cjburn
12-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Illinois has a mandatory insurance law, and I've had my Mustang hit once by an uninsured illegal, and a hit by someone who drove away. So, it really doesn't matter if it's mandatory insurance or not, normal people seem to find jackasses, I tend to believe two jackasses never hit eachothers' cars.

Holeshot
12-15-2007, 09:28 PM
I think in wisconsin you have to have at least liability insurance, and he had nothin, so i was ready to call cops. maybe el senor uninsured-o had no green card-o
The only time you have to have insurance is after the fact. SR22 filing must be submitted in order to keep your license if involved from an accident with out insurance. Just like driving suspended or revoked Mike you would be at fault even if he rear ended you.

http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/drivers/drivers/apply/doc/proof-of-ins.htm

http://oci.wi.gov/faq/auto.htm#finresp

What bothers me is its not enforced. You should have to show proof of insurance in order to get your license.

hrsp
12-16-2007, 12:57 AM
Mandatory Driving Test In Snow Ftmfw!!!!!!!!!!