PDA

View Full Version : bowflex owners inside please....

hrsp
12-15-2007, 12:03 PM
anyone own a bowflex? what model do you have> do you like it? pros and cons of it? i was looking at the one at samsclub for $800..its the xl model...anygood? or is it junk? thanks alot

Karps TA
12-15-2007, 12:08 PM
I don't have one, but I know they got fined pretty heavily by the govt for safety issues. I think the backbone of the equipment would collapse or snap while under tension. I'm sure they've added fixes since then. But to me I think there's better pieces of equipment out there that would be safer to use.

PureSound15
12-15-2007, 12:09 PM
I used one for a while, I'm not sure why, but it was much harder on my joints than free weights and the few machines that I usually use.

Just my $.02

Smokey1226
12-15-2007, 12:27 PM
For $800, it would buy you about 17 months or so at any nice Gym! I would go that route seeing as EVERYONE and i mean EVERYONE loses motovation at home.

Smokey1226
12-15-2007, 12:30 PM
BTW- My cousin and i lift on a daily basis, and PureSound said it best.....Free Weights > * I torched my shoulder on a machine about 2 months ago. And it is still bothering me but getting better. Stay off the machines (unless your doing legs or something like that)

WickedSix
12-15-2007, 12:34 PM
X3 on free weights..... natural motions with added weight builds strength in muscle groups along with balance and coordination it is >> one dimensional machines for real world strength and fitness :thumbsup

Z28Roxy
12-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Free weights. Equipment at my college sucks but it's free for students.

PureSound15
12-15-2007, 12:50 PM
I especially find that, if I switch my workout to incorporate a few machines that I don't normally use I am able to, of course, do a much greater amount of weight.

Sounds good right? The trouble is, when I go back to... let's say barbell press, I can hardly get 100lb bells up to start because all of the supporting "smaller" muscles have weakened, because I did not need them when I used a machine for that exercise.

I especially notice this in chest exercises, notably military and decline.

And I agree, working out at a gym has a motivational effect, and safer as well.

hrsp
12-16-2007, 01:28 AM
i tried one out at dunhams and yeah i hated the feel of it...scratch that idea...