PDA

View Full Version : Who works for a new/used car dealership?

Poncho
12-15-2007, 09:05 AM
Let me know, Nicole and I are looking to pull a Joe and Kristie and unload one of our cars and get into something else, we know what we want, and it'll be a used GM 2nd gen W-Body.

Flicktitty
12-15-2007, 11:04 AM
i know (Flight740 at Merit)
Coop (some toyota one)
Uhm someone else works at Toyota too i think?

DirtyMax
12-15-2007, 11:21 AM
Crawlin also works for a large family of car dealers, several makes and can probably have whatever it is you want brought in.

Crawlin
12-15-2007, 11:29 AM
Yep. I'm kinda close to you Dan. I am a Sales Manager/Finance Manager for Heiser.

Flight740 is at Merit Motorcars and it's family owned

Coop's at Andrew Toyota in service

88GMNightmare(Bubba) his dad is at Saturn I thought on HWY100

A couple other guys work for Boucher(i think he has grandprix in his screenname)

If you want an Impala, I have two Chevy stores to pick from. Although, there might be a GM Certified program, so a 60month term on financing if you were, if they have a special rate, I can refer you to the Chevy store in West Bend since those managers are alot better than the West Allis location. Sometimes Impala's might have a 2.9% or 3.9% if they still have that program going. It's gotta be a GM franchised store to receive that promotion.

Slow Joe
12-15-2007, 02:22 PM
Uhh... Good Luck...

I hate to break it to you but your Mustang isn't worth 18-19k trade-in.

And I don't think you're going to be able to finance 14-20k on one of those Grand Prix's. Normally you can finance UPTO 150% of NADA Trade-In Value, so go figure it out.

My only advice is I hope you have GAP insurance and can find a big tree... :thumbsup

P.S. I come out further ahead everytime I trade cars...

EDIT: I just searched my secret sources... And my magic 8 ball says dealers will be between 11 and 14k with an avg around 12... Not to get you negative or anything just being a friend...

JC70SS
12-15-2007, 03:02 PM
Dan I wish you posted earlier. Just trader my 04 GTP in for cheap money:confused

Crawlin
12-15-2007, 03:04 PM
For an '06 Mustang Joe??? Yeah I can see that. We own an '07 Convertible 6cyl w/ 9k miles on it for $17,5xx. That's with leather I guess too. So that's after safety and the bullshit.

Don't know what your's is Dan.

Joe is right though. Don't know what credit situation is, but...

450-520 score = 50-100%
520-600 score = 120% LTV max
600-680 score = 130% LTV max
680-780 score = 140% LTV max
780+ score = up to 200% LTV max on SOME vehicles

I'm not saying it's impossible, there just may be better ways of going about doing it. If you were to roll that much negative equity into a car, your interest rate jumps significantly. So that difference just might put your payments right back into the same boat. Especially considering the year of the vehicle you would be looking at. So that means an older vehicle is a 36-48 month term, and in the end, would be paying an even higher payment.

Red97GTP
12-15-2007, 05:15 PM
I'm at Boucher Lincoln Mercury. Need any help with the car situation, let me know.

http://www.gordie.com

Flight_740
12-15-2007, 05:51 PM
Merit here but I can't give you that kind of number on the stang. And I mostly sell imports.

88Nightmare
12-15-2007, 07:11 PM
my pops is now also at Boucher Lincoln Merc

I do have friends at Braeger

Slow Joe
12-15-2007, 09:29 PM
For an '06 Mustang Joe??? Yeah I can see that. We own an '07 Convertible 6cyl w/ 9k miles on it for $17,5xx. That's with leather I guess too. So that's after safety and the bullshit.

If I remember correctly...

'06 Mustang V6 Coupe
-Pony Package
-Automatic
-20k ish miles (guesstimate... I do remember it being low miles though...)

Poncho
12-16-2007, 08:11 AM
EDIT: I just searched my secret sources... And my magic 8 ball says dealers will be between 11 and 14k with an avg around 12... Not to get you negative or anything just being a friend...

I just looked at the private party/trade in/retail on a '06 Mustang with all our options and the price was 16-18k via KBB & NADA. Shit Joe, what you're telling me is that a one year old car is worth far less than half of it's original MSRP? dang!

Slow Joe
12-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Who uses KBB?

I know that dealerships sure don't when giving you a trade-in value... Either that or they do, then the retail number is higher...

And that Mustang WASN'T 30k brand new...

Smokey1226
12-16-2007, 09:49 PM
sad but true, thats why im not that mad at only loseing (as far as value) 4k over 3 years for my car. I bought it used and its at the point where it cant go down much more. WOOT

Waver
12-17-2007, 08:44 AM
Now dan, I can understand why you want to do this, however, Didnt you do somthing like this with the mariner when you bought the mustang? I think that that was no more than two years ago....Did you finally finish eating the neg equity from that? Not being mean here man, but I honestly think you should do one of two things here.... One, just keep both cars for a while, and if you want to still get rid on one then so be it, atleast you wont be so far upside down on payments (especially since you still owe 26 on the stang and that is a big amount to eat again)... 2) Park the stang and get a car for cheep like maybe a really early grand pix se or somthing, but somthing for no more than 2k.....make payments on the stang but dont drive it...in a years time you will be a little more caught up and the car wouldnt of depreciated as much because the mileage would be less than what they estimate a 2 year old car to have (15k a year) Then sell it....

Or Finally, just be happy with what you got and be done with it....because in the end you are going to be stuck with a car that is 10 years that you owe 10-16 k on that isnt even worth 5.

Lets face it, cars are the worst investment that we ever do. What you want to do only works if you own less than 2k more than what the vehicle is worth, and the only reason why it worked for joe and kristy is that they got some really good deals on the cars that they got, and they had joes mustang that was paid off in full....I honestly think you should thing this one through or at least talk to a financial advisor on this

Brian98GTP
12-17-2007, 09:42 AM
I say you should cut your losses now, sell both cars and get whatever you can out of them, then drive around a couple of $1,000 (or less) beaters until you get your finances out of the red. I'm no financial expert, but rolling debt from one car onto another does not seem productive at all when you're trying to get rid of debt.

Dont take this personally, because I really have no business in saying this.... but it seems to me like you never really had your priorities straight. You were in a bad financial situation, then you got divorced and things got worse, but then you apparently got this big money settlement for a previous car accident, and your head was back above water.

Instead of putting it towards a house or condo or something....you go and buy a brand new GTO for ~30K. Its your money, and you can do whatever you want with it, but everyone knows that a vehicle (in most cases) is one of the worst investments you can make. :)

I know its hard for a car enthusiast to NOT have a car that he/she can play around with, but you have to realize that it is just a hobby, and should be funded with 'spare' money. If you are in a bad financial situation again, you really need to realize that CARS are what may be causing it time and time again.

I may be totally wrong here, (and probably am), but I'm just using information that I believe I read from threads you have started here, and on clubgp over the past few years. This really does seem like a yearly occurrance. I didnt post this to rip on you, but its more to help you realize the reality of things.

Even if I am wrong about your finances, doesnt it still seem a bit backwards for a divorced man to live in an apartment, bounce around jobs (take that statement lightly), have financial problems, and drive a new, modded GTO?

Again, please dont take this post as a Rip on you... Im just trying to help.
Feel free to have it deleted if it is 100% wrong.

My post really doesnt contribute to your thread title and original post, but you kind of brought up the whole financial side of it, so this technically isnt a thread hi-jack. :goof

Good luck.

Waver
12-17-2007, 10:02 AM
Take what Brian says to heart dan.....We are not trying to gang up on you, anger you, or anything like that. We are telling you this because we are your friends, and we want to see you get your head above the financial flood that seems to be getting you right now. Take it from me, paying off a huge amount of debt is no fun, and it makes getting the things that you want a hell of a lot harder....I have been on all sides of the coin....And trust me it sucks big time........

Brian98GTP
12-17-2007, 10:06 AM
......We are telling you this because we are your friends........

Wait...........what? :confused

Waver
12-17-2007, 10:10 AM
Wait...........what? :confused

lol come on, we all have a soft spot for dan

07ROUSHSTG3
12-17-2007, 11:16 AM
sell them both. rolling it over on another vehicle is going to not only build the negative equity, but also up the interest rate on the loan and hurt your credit. the mustang this time of year is probably a 12K trade in, so you are pretty upside-down. follow these steps if you ever want to get anywhere:

get 2 for sale signs

sell the GTO

apply the equity from the gto sale to the mustang loan

sell mustang

buy a couple cheaper cars (like someone mentioned earlier). you can find amazing deals on some older impalas or taurus'.

get shit straight

save some cash

buy dream car in a few years using the money you have saved from not having $1000 in car payments for a large downpayment!!

Crawlin
12-17-2007, 12:51 PM
Here, I LOVE people who always say that they don't want to lease because they are paying for something they don't own.

Let's explain something real quick for you guys future endeavors. If this is just a car to get to and from work. If you can fit the mileage restrictions. If you like a newer car under warranty every couple years, then look at it this way.

**** the Mustang, let's just look at my Equinox since I can justifiably shoot out numbers.

'06 Equinox Leased May of '06 on a 24 month term.
I put $0 out of pocket down since I rolled all the up fronts into the lease, may payment - $250/month on a brand new car.

Now take that $250 payment after the tax(since it gets applied on each payment) and do it times 24 months = $6000 I paid to drive the car for two years.

Now, let's say I'm gonna buy this same car. After the rebates and a normal customer discount, was about $21,000 and then add the taxes, it comes to be about $22,000.

On a generic 8% rate and a 72 month term, payment is $394. So almost $150/month extra and it's on an extended term.

Right now I own 3 '05 Equinox's at the stores for about $13,4xx average. Similarly equipped.(i.e. AWD LS package) That means we probably took them in trade at about $12,500.

So look at that, I can pay $6000 for two years to lease it

OR

I could lose about $10,000 in two years because of the trade value being so low, while having $150/month higher payment, and while the BANK still "owns" the car, NOT ME

Now remember, TERM has no effect on trade in value, so don't bring up the 60 month thing, that would just make the payment higher.

AND, after those two years, at $394/month, you'd STILL have to worry about negative trade equity being rolled into the next car you buy, so there's another $11/month on the payment to add the GAP insurance you'd be stupid NOT to get.

When I look at cars, I look for the best value. I can fit the mileage restrictions and I hate having to worry about a car's reliability and/or repair bills when that could be going towards the "House Fund"

On the specific situation at hand, ROUSH's post is absolutely true. Why have to pay $1000/month on a GTO and a MUSTANG? I don't care if you'll regret selling the GTO, there's how many out there that you could buy later in life? Hell, why even bother with a GTO when that new C7 Vette comes out, cause hell that'd be about a $1000/month payment, I'd rather have that.

And not to be mean, cause my Camaro was the same way, but HONESTLY, how often is it actually DRIVEABLE? Isn't it DOWN more than it's running? Like I said, my Camaro was always the same way, hahaha

Breecher_7
12-17-2007, 05:59 PM
Trade in value is squat. Ive got a pickup in the driveway that had a 40K sticker price on it and is less then a year old. Its worth 24K trade in on a good day.

Yooformula
12-17-2007, 08:28 PM
this thread got vacuumed a bit. there is some good content posted in it but a bit cluttered by the mess.

N_Droppin
12-17-2007, 10:40 PM
First post. :banana1:

.. and probably last.

yes, it was your last. thanks for stopping by.
-admin.

johnny--2k
12-18-2007, 08:01 AM
I'm also back at Uptown doin the same thing as crawlin....

Poncho
12-18-2007, 06:38 PM

Which one, i think perhaps in two years I may be seeing you. Having put very little miles on the roo since fall has made me realize I don't "need" it, I miss driving it, but theres more important things on the horizon. I think it will see far far less miles in '08 and I might actually sell it and put it in the bank towards a condo.

Slow Joe
12-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Which one, i think perhaps in two years I may be seeing you. Having put very little miles on the roo since fall has made me realize I don't "need" it, I miss driving it, but theres more important things on the horizon. I think it will see far far less miles in '08 and I might actually sell it and put it in the bank towards a condo.

Dan,

If you're gunna sell it, PM me... I'll give you one of my EMP Sell your Car ads... :thumbsup

Merry Christmas Buddy...

Poncho
12-18-2007, 06:54 PM
I definately will buddy, we'll see how I feel in spring. Don't want winter blues to influence me.

johnny--2k
12-19-2007, 01:52 AM
I'm at the Ford/Lincoln/Mercury store on HWY 100 by mayfair.....with "Dan The Deal Man" :goof: :rolleyes:

badass88gt
12-19-2007, 02:10 AM
Coop hooked me up real nice when I needed a vehicle.

Poncho
12-19-2007, 02:42 AM
Despite the earlier trashing, I think this thread gives alot of good information for anyone considering car purchases, as well as whom to potentially work with. This is why BCM is awesome.

Yooformula
12-19-2007, 10:54 AM
I agree, there is alot of good info.

CobraSnake
12-19-2007, 10:59 AM

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2855379231246713708&q=uptown+girls+music+video&total=290&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

Slow Joe
12-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Coop hooked me up real nice when I needed a vehicle.

Ditto, we didn't loose any money on it when we traded it in... 15k miles later :thumbsup

johnny--2k
12-19-2007, 11:26 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2855379231246713708&q=uptown+girls+music+video&total=290&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

hahaha....real nice....ass :rolf:punch:

Slow Joe
12-19-2007, 11:27 AM

Niiiice!! :rolf

CobraSnake
12-19-2007, 11:48 AM
I thought you guys would get a kick outta that.

Mark

johnny--2k
12-19-2007, 01:54 PM
yeah yeah yeah.....what's worse, my GM is the owners son, and his wifes plate is UPTN GRL...... :rolf:rolf:rolf