PDA

View Full Version : NFL week 15-pick 'em

Prince Valiant
12-13-2007, 01:04 PM
I have to go off memory due to the server crash on the results:

Me-way ahead.
Everyone else-way behind...including Karp.

:goof

Okay, so not really...well, I had been planning on going back and putting up winning percentages, highest picks, highest total, etc...oh well.

This weeks games:
THU, DEC 13
Denver at Houston
SAT, DEC 15
Cincinnati at San Francisco
SUN, DEC 16 TIME
Jacksonville at Pittsburgh
Atlanta at Tampa Bay
Seattle at Carolina
Green Bay at St. Louis
Baltimore at Miami
NY Jets at New England
Arizona at New Orleans
Buffalo at Cleveland
Tennessee at Kansas City
Indianapolis at Oakland
Detroit at San Diego
Philadelphia at Dallas
Washington at NY Giants
MON, DEC 17
Chicago at Minnesota

My picks:
THU, DEC 13
Denver at Houston-tough call...I want to go with Denver, but Houston is tough at home, and their D is improving.
SAT, DEC 15
Cincinnati at San Francisco-Another really tough call. Cinncy is better than the bay boys...but that much better to win on the road? They been disappointing all year. Another toss-up though, going to the better team.
SUN, DEC 16
Jacksonville at Pittsburgh-Jacksonville is a second tier team with the pack and cowboys...below those of Indy/Pats, but above Pitt...whose ever so close.
Atlanta at Tampa Bay-The loss of their coach and the naming of a longtime popular assistant could really energize a falcons team that has lost it's way. However, I don't believe they've got the tools or talent to overcome in this game.
Seattle at Carolina-I don't like seatle...they aren't a team I have confidence in. If they didn't play in such a horrible division, they'd be .500 at best. Luckily for them, they get a severely weakened panthers squad.
Green Bay at St. Louis-I've said it once, and I'll say it again. I DON'T LIKE THIS GAME. Strong teams can trip up badly going into a game in which they feel the opponent has nothing to play for....especially on the road. With Bulger coming back, I think the D really needs to step up it's pass rushing and knock him around...STL will pull him if they think there is too much a risk of injury, since they need Bulger for next season.
Baltimore at Miami- I REALLY want to pick MIA. Here's a game they could win. MIA is going back to a more veteran QB, and they REALLY don't want to end the season at 0-16. However, the safe bet is still the ravens.
NY Jets at New England-Many are calling for a colosal blow-out...however, I'd probably pick against NE on the 27 point spread the game opened at. Spygate retribution aside, one must remember NYJ are going to be goosed to play this one too...and they'll pull out all the tricks to at least keep it within 21 points.
Arizona at New Orleans-NO continues to surge. AZ is tough at home, but can fall apart bad on the road...does warner come back from a 5 INT performance?
Buffalo at Cleveland-Cleveland has been the most surprising team of the season. They win against their lakeshore neighbors.
Tennessee at Kansas City- I picked TN simply because I like TN style dry-rub smoked ribs much better than KC style tangy BB-Q sauced ribs. I think the football gods will agree with this reasoning.
Indianapolis at Oakland-INDY was scary good last week. Dare I say they looked like the best in the NFL?
Detroit at San Diego-Both teams really have something to prove. Detroit is desperate for a winning season. SD to prove they weren't a fluke. SD is the better team with LT.
Philadelphia at Dallas- Dallas should have lost. Oh well, too bad this isn't a road game for the cowboys, as I'd love to pick against them. I say they try extra hard for the cheerleaders.
Washington at NY Giants-Two very even teams with something to play for. Eli continues his customary late season upswing and gets a win at home.
MON, DEC 17 TIME
Chicago at Minnesota- I actually like Kyle Orton at QB...it forces the bears into a more straightforward offensive attack and playing for field posistion. Hoever, MN is too hot to pick against this week.

Smokey1226
12-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Steven A Smith is that you? lol jk Good picks though!

Btw did BCM have a Fantasy Football league last year? Im down for next years if there was?

Prince Valiant
12-13-2007, 01:25 PM

Btw did BCM have a Fantasy Football league last year? Im down for next years if there was? I can't do the S.A. Smith voice though....

No fantasy FB...I actually don't do fantasy just because I cared less about outcomes of games, and instead focused on inane stats.

Could get a league for next year though...but I'll just keep posting up weekly games per usual. I think for the NFL play-offs I'll see if I can get a bracket for BCM'er's on bracketmaster.com...

Smokey1226
12-13-2007, 01:37 PM
Sounds good, ill def. do the brackets if you get it setup. And i think a BCM FF league would be fun next year!

Lash
12-13-2007, 05:12 PM
Denver
Cincinnati
Pittsburgh
Tampa Bay
Seattle
Green Bay
Baltimore
New England
New Orleans
Cleveland
Tennessee
Indianapolis
San Diego
Dallas
NY Giants
Minnesota

Deggy
12-13-2007, 05:26 PM
THU, DEC 13
Houston
SAT, DEC 15
Cincinnati
SUN, DEC 16 TIME
Pittsburgh
Atlanta
Seattle
Green Bay
Miami
New England
Arizona
Cleveland
Kansas City
Oakland
Detroit
Philadelphia
NY Giants
MON, DEC 17
Minnesota

Karps TA
12-13-2007, 05:30 PM
First off I smell a conspiracy regarding the "lost" totals. I think I had only 1 wrong last week too!! lol Now I'll probably suck for the last 3 weeks and look like a shmuck.

Houston
Cincinnati
Jacksonville
Tampa Bay
Seattle
Green Bay
Baltimore
New England
New Orleans
Cleveland
Tennessee
Indianapolis
San Diego
Dallas
NY Giants
Minnesota

Prince Valiant
12-13-2007, 05:36 PM
you did only have one wrong...but that has nothing to do with the sabotage operation *oops* I mean recovery of the server operation that just occured. lol....

GRAMPS SS
12-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Prince.....(chris)...on on my dads login till my new one is activated...i had to reregistister because of the melt down....so here are my picks for the week....thanks....LIL_PRO_SHOW_SS...aka...Sean...L il PuFFER

Houston
Cincinnati
Jacksonville
Tampa Bay
Seattle
Green Bay
Baltimore
New England
New Orleans
Cleveland
Tennessee
Indianapolis
San Diego
Dallas
NY Giants
Minnesota

flyin_blue_egg
12-13-2007, 10:37 PM
SAT, DEC 15
Cincinnati
SUN, DEC 16 TIME
Pittsburgh
Tampa Bay
Carolina
Green Bay
Baltimore
New England
New Orleans
Cleveland
Tennessee
Indianapolis
San Diego
Dallas
NY Giants
MON, DEC 17
Minnesota

DirtyMax
12-13-2007, 10:45 PM
SAT, DEC 15
SUN, DEC 16 TIME
Atlanta at Tampa Bay
Seattle at Carolina
Green Bay at St. Louis
Baltimore at Miami
NY Jets at New England
Arizona at New Orleans
Buffalo at Cleveland
Tennessee at Kansas City
Indianapolis at Oakland
Detroit at San Diego
Philadelphia at Dallas
Washington at NY Giants
MON, DEC 17
Chicago at Minnesota

flyin_blue_egg
12-14-2007, 11:17 AM

Btw did BCM have a Fantasy Football league last year? Im down for next years if there was?

actually we did....decent turn out..hoping for more ppl next season

97z2801ss
12-14-2007, 02:03 PM
THU, DEC 13
Denver at Houston
SAT, DEC 15
SUN, DEC 16 TIME
Atlanta at Tampa Bay
Seattle at Carolina
Green Bay at St. Louis
Baltimore at Miami
NY Jets at New England
Arizona at New Orleans
Buffalo at Cleveland
Tennessee at Kansas City
Indianapolis at Oakland
Detroit at San Diego
Philadelphia at Dallas
Washington at NY Giants
MON, DEC 17
Chicago at Minnesota

Brian98GTP
12-14-2007, 07:12 PM
I'm pretty sure this is what I picked.....
I think I picked Denver to win last night.... so I'm already 0 for 1. :thumbsup

THU, DEC 13
Denver at Houston
SAT, DEC 15
SUN, DEC 16 TIME
Atlanta at Tampa Bay
Seattle at Carolina
Green Bay at St. Louis
Baltimore at Miami
NY Jets at New England
Arizona at New Orleans
Buffalo at Cleveland
Tennessee at Kansas City
Indianapolis at Oakland
Detroit at San Diego
Philadelphia at Dallas
Washington at NY Giants
MON, DEC 17
Chicago at Minnesota

awsomeears
12-14-2007, 07:55 PM
I have to go off memory due to the server
Green Bay at St. Louis-I've said it once, and I'll say it again. I DON'T LIKE THIS GAME. Strong teams can trip up badly going into a game in which they feel the opponent has nothing to play for....especially on the road. With Bulger coming back, I think the D really needs to step up it's pass rushing and knock him around...STL will pull him if they think there is too much a risk of injury, since they need Bulger for next season.

You summed it up :wow

Lash
12-16-2007, 08:40 PM
Couple of interesting games this week...lol.