PDA

View Full Version : Time to wait before filing a claim with paypal

Waver
08-09-2007, 10:22 AM
Since I am new to the whole ebay thing I just wanted to get peoples opinion on this. I used the buy it now option to get an aluminum driveshaft and I paid for it right away.....That was almost two weeks ago....I sent the guy a request for a tracking number on saturday and he hasnt gotten back to me, so how much longer should I wait for it to get here before I try to get my money back????

Want_Notch
08-09-2007, 10:23 AM
ummmmm......NOW

Waver
08-09-2007, 10:24 AM
Ill wait for the mail to come today, and if it is not here......

Feature Pony
08-09-2007, 10:38 AM
Stop payment with your charge card, if you paid by bank account from pay pal your screwed, they are just like e-bay and wont do crap about it, the only way I buy things off e-bay is with pay-pal but I use a charge card, so if stuff like this happens I'm covered by my charge card.

Waver
08-09-2007, 10:39 AM
Did it through debit card.....

pickardracing
08-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Get your money back and buy my goddamn heads.

Waver
08-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Get your money back and buy my goddamn heads.

you will sell them to me for 140? or will that be a down payment? lol

and if I were to buy them, even up trade for the headers?

WickedSix
08-09-2007, 12:04 PM
A dispute can be filed through paypal or ebay after 2 weeks I believe. Start by reporting the item on ebay as not received then follow through the dispute process. It will link you over to paypal if necessary.

I had a problem with a seller who said they had stock but didn..... I got the money back in my paypal account the following day and I do direct draw from my bank account so I don't think you'll have any problem getting your money back if necessary. :thumbsup

Yooformula
08-09-2007, 12:07 PM
file on ebay and paypal right away dont wait, if its too soon, they will let you know unless you like giving away money. In that case, I could use some!