PDA

View Full Version : Hey all your motorcylce guys.

Flicktitty
08-08-2007, 02:17 AM
just gotta tell you guys to be safe.

As some of you might remember reading one of my close childhood friends died a week and a half ago when his rear tire blew out on his Yamaha R6.
And now last night one of my best friends crashed his 07 GSX-R1100 when someone lost a garabage bag going down a country road out by me so the guy in front of him swerved to miss it and then slammed on the breaks my buddy swerved to miss the bag then looked to see what it was looked up and grabbed the brakes and plowed into the guys car at between 40-50MPH. He has been riding for 5 or 6 years now. he is fine just a major gash in his leg from when he flew over the car. other then that he is ok. the bike is a complete loss with less then 1500miles on it.

so just be safe out there! :thumbsup

pOrk
08-08-2007, 10:59 AM
Have him call me, I will buy the bike from his insurance company. And Its a GSXR1000, they don't make an 1100

Larrygto
08-08-2007, 11:07 AM
That's why I sold my bike! I could ride, It was everyone else that scared me!

Breecher_7
08-08-2007, 11:45 AM
Have him call me, I will buy the bike from his insurance company. And Its a GSXR1000, they don't make an 1100

Yeah i figured this was a typo......07 GSXR 1100 does not exhist....

Josepy
08-08-2007, 11:58 AM
Yeah I have tried to quit riding but i can't. Heck im in the process of picking up an 06 zx-10r. Like riding to much. I am scared also of what can happen.

WickedSix
08-08-2007, 12:00 PM
Thanks for thinkin of us flick. I had a near miss on 67 through the kettle moraine when I was passing a blazer and they decided I needed to be run off the road :chair: ever vigilent ya have to be riding on two wheels with the four wheelers.

Makes you look for bikes ALOT more when you are on four wheels though :thumbsup

Breecher_7
08-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Ive lost my fear of dieing on a bike. Wrecked to many times, if i was going to quit i would have quit years ago. If its your time, its your time. Keep it as safe as possible, respect the bike, and have fun.

Cutlass Queen
08-08-2007, 12:02 PM
thanks flickster i have had my fair share of close encounters, people in 4 wheels just don't look for motorcyclists

Brandon W.
08-08-2007, 12:03 PM
thanks flickster i have had my fair share of close encounters, people in 4 wheels just don't look for motorcyclists

YOU SHOULD WEAR A HELMET!!!!!!!!!

Breecher_7
08-08-2007, 12:05 PM

The hospitals can always use another organ donor Brandon, if she is stupid enough to ride without one, thats her problem....

Cutlass Queen
08-08-2007, 12:06 PM

i do...............

about 75% of the time :D

Flicktitty
08-08-2007, 12:07 PM

ok, i'm pretty sure i still have your number i will give it too him. And i'm not a big bike guy i could of sworn it was a 1100 but it could be a 1000.

WickedSix
08-08-2007, 12:07 PM
:rolf:rolf she's got one and it is WAAAAAAYYYYYYY more bling than mine it should be criminal:thumbsup

Cutlass Queen
08-08-2007, 12:09 PM
Helmets can save you but then again not always....buddy of mine had a horrible accident a while back and if he would have had a helmet on he wouldn't be here today, so yah i'll agree i should wear one more, but then again they aren't always good for protection.

Flicktitty
08-08-2007, 12:10 PM
Helmets can save you but then again not always....buddy of mine had a horrible accident a while back and if he would have had a helmet on he wouldn't be here today, so yah i'll agree i should wear one more, but then again they aren't always good for protection.

my buddy Tony had his helmet on and he still died. there were 2 cracks found in the helmet. :(

WickedSix
08-08-2007, 12:12 PM

:chair: wear that dang helmet and don't :alcoholic and ride like waaay too many people do.....

Breecher_7
08-08-2007, 12:14 PM

Id love to hear this story, how would the helmet have made the injuries worse?

Flick, as far as your friend dying with a helmet, he did everything he could to protect himself, alot of times its not enough.

Ive had some pretty serious wrecks, most on the track some on the street, almost all well over 100mph, ive never had a helmet crack on me. I swear by Arai helments, i wont purchase anything else. You get what you pay for...... comfort and protection

Cutlass Queen
08-08-2007, 12:16 PM

Flick, as far as your friend dying with a helmet, he did everything he could to protect himself, alot of times its not enough.

Ive had some pretty serious wrecks, most on the track some on the street, almost all well over 100mph, ive never had a helmet crack on me. I swear by Arai helments, i wont purchase anything else. You get what you pay for...... comfort and protection

everybody has their own opinions...i'm not here to argue again today

Flicktitty
08-08-2007, 12:18 PM

true, i didn't want this thread to turn into a pissing match about weather to wear helmets or not. just another friendly reminder to stay safe. life is too short.

Nix
08-08-2007, 12:40 PM

Not true. I always do, always!:Hump

lilws6
08-08-2007, 01:03 PM
wheni bought my first bike i thought it was just a fase and i would grow outa it. but i sold the bike and everytime i saw anouther one on the street i missed it so much so i bought anouther i love to ride. i wear a helmet 85% of the time i rarely dont' wear one unless its 90+ degrees out and i can't stand it. i'm also a causious (sp?) rider always on the look out

Breecher_7
08-08-2007, 03:35 PM
wheni bought my first bike i thought it was just a fase and i would grow outa it. but i sold the bike and everytime i saw anouther one on the street i missed it so much so i bought anouther i love to ride. i wear a helmet 85% of the time i rarely dont' wear one unless its 90+ degrees out and i can't stand it. i'm also a causious (sp?) rider always on the look out

I wear one regardless of temperature... Once again going back to Arai helmets and the reason I love them. Not only are they very light, they have the BEST air flow of any helmet ive ever worn. My head usually will not even get hot if im moving, awesome design. But even if it did I wouldnt ride without a brain bucket.....its not worth the risk.

Oh, forgot to post this in the sightings area last week but i saw you on your bike on 164 last week early in the morning. I was getting off of 43 and heading into waukesha.

lilws6
08-08-2007, 04:14 PM
probably on my way to work i pass that area not to long after 6AM bet i was wearing my helmet ;)

pOrk
08-09-2007, 02:49 AM

You're a cautious rider? I believe it was you who crashed into a buddy of yours on the freeway not too long ago :rolf

Feature Pony
08-09-2007, 09:09 AM
Last week I saw a motorcycle accident right off the college ave off ramp at 2:30am Saturday morning, there was a couple of bikes around and the dust was everywhere so it must of just happened, hope everyone is ok, but just be safe out there.