PDA

View Full Version : Hunting season approaching!

07ROUSHSTG3
08-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Anyone in here do any hunting in the fall?? i myself gave up deer hunting to focus solely on bird hunting. got sick of competing with the idiots with shotguns over public grounds. just a thought but i have access to unlimited pheasants and land to hunt them, maybe a BCM Sky-Chicken Hunt Day?!?

Anakonda69
08-07-2007, 10:01 AM
strictly deer hunter here...might go bow hunting this year not sure....i have private land up in mauston i hunt on...

jamest
08-07-2007, 10:01 AM
I would be down for a Sky Chicken hunt day. Do you have bird dogs? I go deer hunting on my cousin's property near Madison. However, I would like to hunt goose/pheasant more often, just kinda hard to get off work during that time of year.

Regarding the public ground I totally understand. His land borders public land and we are always kicking people off that trespass. Apparently the giant yellow signs and barb wire fences are not enough clues to stay off.

07ROUSHSTG3
08-07-2007, 10:12 AM
i have 2 labs that do the hard work for me. i live right next to some land that the local hunting club owns so i can go whenever. as for the birds i have 3 buddies that compete over who can raise the most birds. it is getting crazy, at any moment they each have over 700 birds!

DirtyMax
08-07-2007, 10:20 AM
Big time bow hunter here. Been eyeing up the new Mathews Drenalin but my 5 year old bow has never let me down.

I gun hunt for the beer and the family camaraderie.

STANMAN
08-07-2007, 10:22 AM
If it moves, and it's legal, I will hunt it anytime, anywhere. If anyone ever wanted to put on a pheasent shoot, count me in like Flynn baby!!

jamest
08-07-2007, 10:22 AM
Is it near St. Cloud I assume? I went to St. Lawerence so I know the area well. Plus my science/gym teacher lived in St. Cloud. Mr. Lefieber (sp?) was his name but it has been nearly 10 years since I graduated so a bit iffy on the spelling.

I would be up for some shooting (assuming that was an invitation) just let me know when.

07ROUSHSTG3
08-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Is it near St. Cloud I assume? I went to St. Lawerence so I know the area well. Plus my science/gym teacher lived in St. Cloud. Mr. Lefieber (sp?) was his name but it has been nearly 10 years since I graduated so a bit iffy on the spelling.

I would be up for some shooting (assuming that was an invitation) just let me know when.

yeah it is in st.cloud. mr. lefieber still lives in town and still works at the seminary.

Breecher_7
08-07-2007, 01:37 PM
If it moves, its dead. Mainly deer hunter though. Hunt a several hundred acre area up in Peppin (buffalo county)

Or whatever walks through the backyard!!!!

Bring on the meat!

Breecher_7
08-07-2007, 01:38 PM
I think a BCM sight in your hunting rifle day is in order.........

Cryptic
08-07-2007, 01:45 PM
Pheasant and Deer hunter here...

I've been shooting trap every Thursday for the past month. I'm down for blasting some clays if anyone is up for that. It's cheap fun. :thumbsup

I rifle deer hunt with an excellent group of guys. They have a ton of private land which is next to public that is pretty difficult to get to from the public side. We see/shoot a lot of deer every year. I'm grateful I don't have to deal with the typical public land issues like your saying.

Breecher_7
08-07-2007, 01:51 PM
I rifle deer hunt with an excellent group of guys. They have a ton of private land which is next to public that is pretty difficult to get to from the public side. We see/shoot a lot of deer every year. I'm grateful I don't have to deal with the typical public land issues like your saying.

Same situation here, thank god its in big buck country as well....... :thumbsup

Russ Jerome
08-07-2007, 04:05 PM
If you enjoy sniping squirels or bumble bee's at 100yrds I
would strongly suggest you read up on the Hornady 17HM2.
http://www.shootingtimes.com/ammunition/17M2/

I have been out shooting blackbirds and other crap birds
several times this summer, 75-110 yrd shots are surgical
with a good scope and as cheap as a 22 to shoot.
http://hometown.aol.com/russjerome/images/100yardgnatkiller1.jpg
^single shot heavy barrel, 50mm x 4-16 scope for gnat hunting^
At 85yrds I can hit the "B" in Milwaukee Best can with a
full 50 round pkg of rounds without a single cold or hot
flyer. Squirels are going down this year!!!!!

HP ADDICT
08-07-2007, 04:22 PM
I pheasant hunt and deer hunt. I am hopefully going to get out and shoot a buck with the bow this year. Finally picked up a decent bow!

Silver03SRT
08-07-2007, 04:51 PM
All I do is bow/gun hunt for deer. I like bow hunting a lot more but either way I just enjoy being in the woods. We have 80 acres of private land in Clam Lake. We have 3 stands soon to add a 4th one if we can buy the 40 acres from the neighbor. I put a nice little 6' X 6' shack in the woods. If I get a chance I will post some pics up of deer we have coming in.

Breecher_7
08-07-2007, 06:41 PM
If you enjoy sniping squirels or bumble bee's at 100yrds I
would strongly suggest you read up on the Hornady 17HM2.
http://www.shootingtimes.com/ammunition/17M2/

I have been out shooting blackbirds and other crap birds
several times this summer, 75-110 yrd shots are surgical
with a good scope and as cheap as a 22 to shoot.
http://hometown.aol.com/russjerome/images/100yardgnatkiller1.jpg
^single shot heavy barrel, 50mm x 4-16 scope for gnat hunting^
At 85yrds I can hit the "B" in Milwaukee Best can with a
full 50 round pkg of rounds without a single cold or hot
flyer. Squirels are going down this year!!!!!

Ill stick with my HK PSG-1 and my 700LTR both chambered in .308 with swarovski optics for long range shots. 110 yrds is mere childs play with either of them.

As far as Deer hunting or any north american animal hunting. Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker chambered in .300 Win Mag FTW!

Reverend Cooper
08-07-2007, 07:23 PM
i will shoot and kill any edible animal or foul or fish

Breecher_7
08-07-2007, 07:24 PM
i will shoot and kill any edible animal or foul or fish

Agreed!

Reverend Cooper
08-07-2007, 07:35 PM
thanks ^

Breecher_7
08-07-2007, 07:36 PM
^^ Welcome

Reverend Cooper
08-07-2007, 07:37 PM
^^^ i like to hunt with my hand guns its more fun

Russ Jerome
08-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Ill stick with my HK PSG-1 and my 700LTR both chambered in .308 with swarovski optics for long range shots. 110 yrds is mere childs play with either of them.

100 yards is childs play, but if you are small game hunting this new
17hm2 is like a supercharged 22 for 100 yrd shots. Like shooting a
pellet gun you'll can enjoy watching the hit without even a nudge.

http://hometown.aol.com/russjerome/images/sniper1.jpg
Here is my reach out and touch em gun, #79 of #200 marketed
by a gentleman called Ed Brown topped of with a Nikon Elite 50.

Reverend Cooper
08-07-2007, 10:02 PM
^ agreed i have the remington .17hmr semi auto with the hovell telescope on it, i can see for what seems a mile and it is accurate as hell i love it for quirrel,rabbit what ever