PDA

View Full Version : This is crazy wrong !!!

Holeshot
08-06-2007, 12:59 PM
This Broke my heart
I am so worried about losing my grandson to cancer then I see this!!

Cop shoots at snake, kills boy, 5

NOBLE, Oklahoma (AP) -- A police officer shooting at a snake apparently killed a 5-year-old boy who was fishing at a nearby pond, officials said.

Jack Tracy was fishing with his grandson when a bullet fired by a police officer struck the boy in the head.

Austin Haley was fishing with his grandfather, Jack Tracy, when Tracy said he heard a shot and saw something hit the water just a few feet in front of the boat dock where he was standing.

Moments later, a second shot hit Austin in the head.

A Noble police officer who had responded to a report of a snake in a tree apparently fired the deadly shot while trying to kill the snake on Friday, City Manager Bob Wade said.

"I was told that they tried several ways to get the snake down, but it was still hissing at them and firmly lodged," Wade said. "What I was told is that the owner of the home either suggested or agreed that they should go ahead and shoot the snake, and then everything happened from there."

Tracy thought someone must be trying to kill him and his grandson, so he put the child on the back of a 4-wheeler and drove to his daughter's house about 200 yards away.

"Then two officers came out of the brush over there," he told The Oklahoman. "They didn't tell us they were the ones who had been shooting or that they had shot him. They didn't admit a doggone thing."

The boy was pronounced dead at an Oklahoma City hospital, about 25 miles north of Noble.

Wade refused to identify the officer but said the person had been placed on paid administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation.

"This is so bizarre it has to be fully investigated," he said. "We're pretty sure circumstantially that it is the bullet from the police officer's gun, but it might be a bullet from someone else."

Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Jessica Brown said a state investigation was under way, though it appeared the fatal shot had been fired by the officer.

Tracy has little doubt. "I'm not saying the cop shot him on purpose," he said. "But let me tell you -- if I had a kid and put him in this car and didn't put him in a car seat and he got killed on the way to town, they'd charge me with murder ... and what this cop did is a lot worse than that."

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/06/boy...ml#cnnSTCVideo

juicedimpss
08-06-2007, 01:02 PM
thats sad

Mudd Runner
08-06-2007, 02:18 PM
I Want To Know Why The Cop Was Shooting At The Snake That What Animal Control Is For Thats Sad And Very Fvcked up

Karps TA
08-06-2007, 02:21 PM
The cop should get the book thrown at him. The grandfather is right.

88Nightmare
08-06-2007, 02:36 PM
The cop should get the book thrown at him. The grandfather is right.

should.... but probably wont....

Brian98GTP
08-06-2007, 06:03 PM
Wow... that bullet overcame some serious odds to hit that kid in the head.

This is a good line.....

"I'm not saying the cop shot him on purpose," he said. "But let me tell you -- if I had a kid and put him in this car and didn't put him in a car seat and he got killed on the way to town, they'd charge me with murder ... and what this cop did is a lot worse than that."

Unfortunately, the judicial system is far too fvcked up to consider things like that. That is why burglars are winning lawsuits for falling through skylights of the homes they were robbing, or getting one of their limbs taken off by a guard dog, or getting shot by the home owners.

Im not sure how I would punish the officers involved. You KNOW it was an accident, but they both had their heads in eachothers a$$es.

Maybe they were distracted by the 'Repeat' while this was happening...??

Breecher_7
08-06-2007, 06:04 PM
Touchy situation. Its horrible but I can see both sides.

Brian98GTP
08-06-2007, 06:07 PM
Touchy situation. Its horrible but I can see both sides.

Right... and it isnt like the officers were laughing about it. Im sure they both feel as bad as a person in that situation could feel, knowing they were responsible for taking the life of a young boy.

I wouldnt be surprised if the guy that pulled the trigger was found dead in his garage with the car running in the next couple weeks.
(edit- Im referring to suicide, in case some government agent is reading :) )

Slow Joe
08-06-2007, 06:14 PM
Wow, that's a messed up situation...

That officer is probably having a hard time right now... But not half as bad as the parents of that kid....

I say throw the book at the cop. He shouldn't of been firing shots IMO.

Brian98GTP
08-06-2007, 06:21 PM
I say throw the book at the cop. He shouldn't of been firing shots IMO.

Well, not knowing the situation fully, maybe that was the only option he thought he had.
Not saying it was the best, obviously, but maybe it would have been 12 hours before an animal control guy could get there, and the snake was about to fall on him, LOL.

But, instead of using his fvcking pistol, a shotgun with like #12 shot would have been ideal. Im sure their shotguns are setup for slugs, but christ... a bullet from a pistol can go a long ways when you're aiming up!

Karps TA
08-06-2007, 06:32 PM
I highly doubt the snake in the tree was a Cobra, or a 25' long child eating Anaconda. I doubt there was a real fear of immediate public safety.

This is why I'm tending to side more along the lines of banning guns more then letting any jackass be able to buy one. These are trained cops, and they couldn't even make good decision. Snake on the ground? Sure shoot the dirt and nobody gets hurt. But to aim at a tree and fire a couple rounds? That's asinine. Where did they think the missing rounds were going to go? Bullet heaven?

If you're going to make a choice to fire a weapon, better make sure you hit what you're aiming at. IMO these cops aren't any better then a bunch of gang members doing a drive by trying to hit someone and killing a kid by accident.

Breecher_7
08-06-2007, 09:07 PM
Im sure their shotguns are setup for slugs

Most police shotguns are loaded with buckshot......not slugs.

Brian98GTP
08-06-2007, 11:10 PM
Most police shotguns are loaded with buckshot......not slugs.

Wow. I really had no idea. That would probably be the best option then (if he absolutely HAD to shoot it, LOL)

Like I said, that bullet overcame some SERIOUS odds........

70challenger
08-06-2007, 11:50 PM
thats just sad, i know the cop didnt mean to do it, but u have to be more careful if ur an officer of the law.

scaleracer
08-06-2007, 11:52 PM
thats just sad, i know the cop didnt mean to do it, but u have to be more careful if ur an officer of the law.

agreed 100% :thumbsup