PDA

View Full Version : Pick up truck bedliners - Spray on

pOrk
07-31-2007, 05:05 PM
Looking to have a bedliner sprayed into my truck but I can't see spending 400 on doing such. Does anyone do this on the side or can suggest something for me to do it on my own? I know they sell the stuff at the auto store for 60 bucks but its hardly enough to do half of a fullsize long bed:durr

lasttimearound
07-31-2007, 05:11 PM
honestly i wouldnt waste the time or money doing, i would just save the money and get the line-x

pOrk
07-31-2007, 05:27 PM
honestly i wouldnt waste the time or money doing, i would just save the money and get the line-x

I use the truck for hauling motorcycles so 400 isnt an option as it isnt necessary that I have it done. If I can find someone that does it on the side that would be the best.

Slow Joe
07-31-2007, 06:40 PM
Don't they sell Rhino liner or something like that at Fleet Farm??

UnderPSI
07-31-2007, 07:17 PM
The fleet farm stuff sucks. I am still waiting to do mine.

Breecher_7
08-01-2007, 06:51 AM
Ive said this before and Ill say it again, Ive had Rhino liner and Line-x, I will never pay for it again. Ive used Hurculiner (roll on) on my past two trucks and will NEVER go back. As long as you take the time to prep the box correctly and take your time applying it, this stuff is just as durable or more durable then the spray on and it will cost a 1/4 of what spray on costs.

Dont wast your money, just take some time out of your weekend.....

Rickyh93
08-01-2007, 07:15 AM
I have a spray on bedliner gun if you would like to borrow it. Let me know I will need to find it. I think it is still packed up. I sprayed a couple of bedliners and the whole inside of a jeep.

I've also used the roll-on kind and have had good luck with it also.

Ricky

pOrk
08-01-2007, 11:54 AM
How big of a tip is on the gun? Can I spray hurculiner through it?

Breecher_7
08-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Depends what type of gun it is, alot of the spray ons have a special gun that sprays a two part liquid out of special containers. You can buy a cheap gun to spray the hurculiner on at farm fleet though, I always rolled/painted it on, looks awesome and is really durable.....

pOrk
08-01-2007, 12:30 PM
What did you use to roll it on? The last time I did it the stuff was eating my brushes and it took something like 7 hours to do. I obviously did it all wrong, but the finish was great when it was done.

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4885&d=1185989424http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4886&d=1185989424

Breecher_7
08-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Well the "kit" comes with 2 rollers, but I used just some good quality paint brushes for edges and stuff. Yeah, 7 hours sounds about right, but I also MAKE SURE it has a good grip on the bed. I thow out the useless 3M pads they give you to scuff up the bed and actually sand the clear coat off by hand with a 80grit sanding sponge. Works awesome and ive never had it peel or get damaged yet. Then I wipe it all down with acetone to make sure its clean. The extra sanding takes time but the end result and the money savings is worth it.

penji04
08-01-2007, 08:23 PM
Line-x FTW dont waste your money on anything else if you want it to last and look great.

Jeff
08-01-2007, 08:32 PM
I just got the stuff from Ultimate truck put in my new pickup, so far i am very happy with the results, but i haven't slammed shit around in the bed yet

SmokinRAM114
08-01-2007, 10:08 PM
personally i like reflex from nagel auto body in waukesha, if you offer duffy cash he will do it cheap. i think around $500. i know people who just bickered him with the price.

pOrk
08-02-2007, 03:08 AM
Line x is cheaper ^

C130Mustang - how much was it and what size truck?

Breecher_7
08-02-2007, 06:44 AM
If you have the time, use the roll on stuff.

If you just want to piss money out the window and cant spare a saturday, go with the spray in.

I guess thats the bottom line.

Ill never get a spray in again.

UnderPSI
08-02-2007, 09:20 AM
You could also build a car from scratch or you could just piss money away and buy one of those new Pre-assembled ones.

WickedSix
08-02-2007, 09:34 AM
You could also build a car from scratch or you could just piss money away and buy one of those new Pre-assembled ones.

but will the pre-assembled one have precisely what you want? :rolf:rolf

six, one half dozen and the other

used both sucessfuly in various applications. But I'm partial to a good line-x shop cus of their ability to texture it to get your desired affect...ranging from nearly flat to very rough....I think that'd take alot of time with the roll on:thumbsup

UnderPSI
08-02-2007, 09:42 AM
I was just saying that it is not worth it to everyone to spend the time to do it themselves.

Anakonda69
08-02-2007, 09:42 AM
why not just buy an ebay bedliner? only long lasting beds i have seen done have been line-x or rhino-liner. a few of my buddys did the roll on stuff and it wears down awful fast

Breecher_7
08-02-2007, 11:57 AM
I just cannot justify paying someone $450 to do somthign I can do myself. Sure the texture with the roll on is not as perfect but I think it is more durable. Both my Line-x and Rhino lined beds in the past looked worse after 6 months then the Hurculiner stuff. I swear by it, i will never go back to a spray in. 6 hours of my time is worth saving almost $400.

No matter what you choose to use, you cant go wrong, there all good.....

pOrk
08-02-2007, 01:47 PM
Plastic bedliners are slippery as hell, esp when wet. Not to mention they are terrible for collecting dirt / grime / water

penji04
08-02-2007, 05:51 PM
My dad has line-x in his truck It still looks great. My old boss had Rhino liner it sucked dont waste your money on that one. Theres nothing wrong with the herculiner product i've used it in one of my trucks. If you want something to last go with line x- because in time the herculiner will get messed up like the rhino liner. Oh and just so you know they all fade and dull out within a little bit so dont worry about that. Im done, good luck!:thumbsup