PDA

View Full Version : in need of cheering up.

Flicktitty
07-31-2007, 12:02 AM
Well as some of you know i've had a bad last 2 days. One of my best friends while growing up 2nd grade - high school died on Sunday due to a motorcycle accident. i have been in a bad mood and been needing some cheering up ever since then. it seems anything i do reminds me of him or i can never have a good time anymore. I went to see the new simpsons movie tonight and couldn't even have a laugh. this has been really hard on me cause this is the first close person i have had die. Any thoughts on what to do to cheer myself up? or maybe you can try cheering me up? Anything will help. :(

Slow Joe
07-31-2007, 12:04 AM
Masterbation always helps... :thumbsup

Edit: Kristie said "aww that's mean" so I guess I can give ya a ride in my car, if that'd help...

Poncho
07-31-2007, 12:08 AM
call me, we'll go on some onramps in my GTO. Seemed to cheer you up.

x2 on masturbation.

pOrk
07-31-2007, 12:10 AM
Wanna double dude it on my bike?

awsomeears
Lately there has been way to many motorcycle deaths, just plain Sad.

Sorry to let you down brother but most of the time its ' Time itself that Heals '

Or possibly hang out with his family and such. How about visiting the places you and him used to go to when you were little rascals and dirty babys.

Dirty babys = bmx'ing or just wearing the same pants for a whole week and getting dirty. For me it was always on the bike trails by lake mich.

Yooformula
sorry to hear that man. its only been 2 days though. in all seriousness, you need to grieve to begin to heal. I say take a few days off of work and think about the good times, look at pictures and listen to some good music and just cry it out. within a week, you will start to feel better about moving on. rushing it wont help you although I gotta agree with masturbation....good mood maker!

Heat Seeker WS6
07-31-2007, 12:11 AM
I guess I can give ya a ride in my car, if that'd help...

That'll have him rolling on the ground for sure!! :thumbsup:goof

Sorry Joe- had too:durr

Heat Seeker WS6
07-31-2007, 12:12 AM
sorry to hear that man. its only been 2 days though. in all seriousness, you need to grieve to begin to heal. I say take a few days off of work and think about the good times, look at pictures and listen to some good music and just cry it out. within a week, you will start to feel better about moving on. rushing it wont help you although I gotta agree with masturbation....good mood maker!

100% agreed

awsomeears
07-31-2007, 12:12 AM
^ yep ^

Sometimes crying/balling it out is what you need.

Flicktitty
07-31-2007, 01:34 AM
^ yep ^

Sometimes crying/balling it out is what you need.

yeah, i have done alot of that the last two days. today i just drove around for a while. He got his D/L a year before i did so we just drove around amlessly so i did that. i stopped by where we used to hang out by his house. i just can't believe it happened.

Hey Joe, and Dan might take you up on the car ride idea :headbang

yeah playing with the pecker always seems to help haha

Brandon W.
07-31-2007, 01:40 AM
nick, we can hit up whitecastle. and maybe some fun in the DSM up at a certain cruising spot. im always a phone call away buddy.

Flicktitty
07-31-2007, 01:56 AM
Thanks Brandon, me and Ryan might run out by there tomarrow, i'll give you a call.

STANMAN
07-31-2007, 01:58 AM
Try picking up the Bible, it works for me everytime!!

Reverend Cooper
07-31-2007, 05:13 AM
hey flick ryan trost was telling me a similar story, is this someone you both knew.talking about it is the best way to get past any bad situation btw. jmho

scottie K
07-31-2007, 05:32 AM
wana drive the mustang? or I will get tommy to let you drive the bu?

Cutlass Queen
07-31-2007, 07:12 AM
I may be heading up to Culvers tonite for a bit at night if you want someone to pick on, hahaha...I'll let it slide this time since you need cheering up ;)

WickedSix
07-31-2007, 09:38 AM
When I lost my first friend in life something helped me....

Someone told me celebrate the life lived and remember them for the joy they brought. :)

They'd want you to be happy again. It just takes time to heal.

wikked
07-31-2007, 09:43 AM
Try picking up the Bible, it works for me everytime!!

no no he said he was sad, not an insomniac.

PureSound15
07-31-2007, 09:44 AM
hey flick ryan trost was telling me a similar story, is this someone you both knew.talking about it is the best way to get past any bad situation btw. jmho

Yeah man, this week and last has been terrible. One of Kellys friends (and mine also) committed suicide last week, and then on Saturday morning she found out that one of her other friends was killed in a motorcycle accident.

So my situation is, I feel completely empty and helpless knowing that right now my girlfriend who I love completely is at work, depressed and upset, and there isn't anything I can do to help her being that I'm 2 hours from her in Green Bay.

It's tough man, I know exactly what you mean and what you're going through. I've driven down to see her 2 times already and tried taking her on the worlds greatest date in the dells on sunday to take her mind off of it, and it worked a little bit. I think I'm going to drive down again on Wednesday and surprise her at work and take her out to dinner.

Not to threat jack, but I'm just letting you know that you're not a lone. I've been having a hard time finding motivation to do anything. :(

Ryan

Waver
07-31-2007, 09:53 AM
Flick (and puresound) there are a few of us who knows what is going on....you can ask john about 2 guys we knew bobby and brad, who died less than 2 months apart. It is a shock and tough getting over it sometimes, especially when you were close to the person. However you have to remember that they want you to remember them and carry on....

now as far as the cheering up part goes, after you ride in joe's mach and dan's gto, you can laugh at my car lol.....

and x1000000000000 on the masterbation

Silver03SRT
07-31-2007, 10:09 AM
Flick (and puresound) there are a few of us who knows what is going on....you can ask john about 2 guys we knew bobby and brad, who died less than 2 months apart. It is a shock and tough getting over it sometimes, especially when you were close to the person. However you have to remember that they want you to remember them and carry on....

now as far as the cheering up part goes, after you ride in joe's mach and dan's gto, you can laugh at my car lol.....

I can take you for a ride in the srt-4 :headbang thats always good for a laugh.

Nickerz
07-31-2007, 11:17 AM
I have no clue who you are, but if you want to drink some beers PM me.

Nickerz
07-31-2007, 11:18 AM
I can take you for a ride in the srt-4 :headbang thats always good for a laugh.
Im one upping you, 2002 civic... 5spd.... rims.... stock...

now THAT is a laugh. :rolf

Flicktitty
07-31-2007, 11:21 AM
wana drive the mustang? or I will get tommy to let you drive the bu?

woot, there we go now were talking! :headbang

I may be heading up to Culvers tonite for a bit at night if you want someone to pick on, hahaha...I'll let it slide this time since you need cheering up ;) You let it slide either way. let me know if you go anywhere maybe i'll run up there.

Thanks Nick,

Ryan - Usually i'm not one to get all upset when someone dies (no one close to me has ever died) I can't believe how hard it is. Hope your girlfriend is taking it well, and i hope she gets through everything.

Silver03SRT - I dounno why you'd think i'd laugh at a SRT4 I've always liked those cars.

Nickerz - Thanks for the beer offers, i've had alot of offers to go drink. just not a big drinker.

scaleracer
07-31-2007, 11:27 AM
I may be heading up to Culvers tonite for a bit at night if you want someone to pick on, hahaha...I'll let it slide this time since you need cheering up ;)

i'd pick this one :rolf j/k

Myles
07-31-2007, 11:32 AM
Flick, give me a call. You can drive the southside slut around (my car)

scaleracer
07-31-2007, 11:33 AM
also your not alone my grandmas friend committed suicide like a week ago and i only met her once but the rest of that night i didn't feel right but i just tried to forget about it and think about stuff you enjoy cars,girls,etc.... hope you feel better

juicedimpss
07-31-2007, 11:39 AM
http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4874&stc=1&d=1185803270

i dunno,it still makes me laugh
:rolf

Flicktitty
07-31-2007, 11:41 AM
:rolf yeappers, and the fact he called it the south side slut makes me wonder.
http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4874&stc=1&d=1185803270

Myles
07-31-2007, 11:41 AM
rofl, thats just not right ron.

Cutlass Queen
07-31-2007, 11:46 AM
woot, there we go now were talking! :headbang

You let it slide either way. let me know if you go anywhere maybe i'll run up there.

Thanks Nick,

Ryan - Usually i'm not one to get all upset when someone dies (no one close to me has ever died) I can't believe how hard it is. Hope your girlfriend is taking it well, and i hope she gets through everything.

Silver03SRT - I dounno why you'd think i'd laugh at a SRT4 I've always liked those cars.

Nickerz - Thanks for the beer offers, i've had alot of offers to go drink. just not a big drinker.

Count on going out tonite flickster...I'll be out and about...it's way too nice of weather to stay in :headbang

Cutlass Queen
07-31-2007, 11:46 AM
i'd pick this one :rolf j/k

Why you gotta pick on the white girl :rolf:rolf j/k:goof

Flicktitty
07-31-2007, 11:47 AM
Count on going out tonite flickster...I'll be out and about...it's way too nice of weather to stay in :headbang

it was just as nice last night and you said you were staying in.

scaleracer
07-31-2007, 11:48 AM
Why you gotta pick on the white girl :rolf:rolf j/k:goof

i pick on everyone :rolf

scaleracer
07-31-2007, 11:49 AM

:rolf:rolf that's funny as he!!

Cutlass Queen
07-31-2007, 11:50 AM
it was just as nice last night and you said you were staying in.

Eh tonite I'll go out just for ya homey....and I'll stay away from the bars for once :thumbsup

Slow Joe
07-31-2007, 11:55 AM
Here... I'll give ya both a supportive moment...

Ryan & Flick, we're all your friends here...

(Someone Que-up the song Lean on Me)

Just remember that we're all here for ya... :thumbsup

/supportive moment

88Nightmare
07-31-2007, 12:00 PM
flick, you need a prostitute

Prince Valiant
07-31-2007, 12:04 PM
Hookers, coke, and a mickey mouse costume...works for me EVERY time!

If not, I'll let you drive the insight if you want.

WickedSix
07-31-2007, 12:09 PM
http://files.blog-city.com/files/aa/31561/p/f/chris_farley_front.gif

how can you not laugh at that?

I can get drunk with you and do my best tommy boy and crash through a coffee table ..... broke one at a party already :rolf

Holeshot
07-31-2007, 12:29 PM
Its hard to find the right comforting words to express condolences for the loss of a friend. The reason I say this is because when a loved one passes on its a little easier. But what can one say when a close friend dies with out making it seem to compassionate or mushy.

I have lost many friends and every time its the same feeling of emptiness.depression and sorrow. Mourn the loss of your friends and don't hide your feeling. Its how we heal our soul.

Be grateful you were a part of their life and they were a part of yours. Honor their memories by remembering all the good times you shared.

Talk about then often and share stories with others. And most of all don't forget its O.K. to love a friend.

GRAMPS SS
07-31-2007, 01:41 PM
^^^^^^agreed.....where here for ya flickster.......

and you can hunt down the white car with pink stripes for a fun moment....

juicedimpss
07-31-2007, 01:43 PM
and you can hunt down the white car with pink stripes for a fun moment....

now thats just sick

Brandon W.
07-31-2007, 01:46 PM
And most of all don't forget its O.K. to love a friend.

X1000000000..we love you nick:headbang

Mudd Runner
07-31-2007, 02:52 PM
just go to myles house and bash around the explorer in the back yard

Myles
07-31-2007, 03:41 PM
just go to myles house and bash around the explorer in the back yard

Yeah, you can do that too

stowsea
07-31-2007, 03:56 PM
I heard about tony the other day nick. holy shit. but im not sure i have the full story. you should pm me the details.

P.S.
i can come over and do more highdives off the lifegaurd chair like old times

07ROUSHSTG3
07-31-2007, 04:10 PM
sorry to hear about your loss.

Cjburn
07-31-2007, 04:12 PM
Sometimes, I think losing a friend is harder than family. There are parts of my family that I haven't talked to in years, and if they were to pass, I would be sad, but not distraught. However, I have friends that have had a profound (positive) impact in my life, and are closer to me than most of my family. I guess, it would be harder if some of my best friends were to die. It may sound weird, but I am closer to my friends than I am to my family (for the most part).

flyin_blue_egg
07-31-2007, 05:53 PM
hey man, if you don't go up north we'll hang out for awhile on friday (i got a draft at 10:30)...and we'll find something to do on saturday when i get off work

forcefedss
07-31-2007, 06:15 PM
hey, i heard about this yesterday. damn...sorry bro...

you um, hm, can drive my broke talon til it blows up? hm, idk...call me sometime

2SLOW
07-31-2007, 07:06 PM
I heard about tony the other day nick. holy shit. but im not sure i have the full story. you should pm me the details.

P.S.
i can come over and do more highdives off the lifegaurd chair like old

times

Sean, Rameres just told me today when i was at lowes i was shocked! then he told me the he was on his bike but did not know details i can only hope he was in the rite.

stowsea
07-31-2007, 09:38 PM
Sean, Rameres just told me today when i was at lowes i was shocked! then he told me the he was on his bike but did not know details i can only hope he was in the rite.

his back tire blew out

70challenger
07-31-2007, 09:54 PM
sorry to hear about ur lose. never lost anyone close to me, so i cant understand how it feels. try to do things u enjoy to keep your mind off of the subject. hope u feel better!!

Flicktitty
08-01-2007, 12:43 AM
sorry to hear about ur lose. never lost anyone close to me, so i cant understand how it feels. try to do things u enjoy to keep your mind off of the subject. hope u feel better!!

yeah thats what i tried doing tonight.

I went over to his house today with a few friends. And was talking to his brother and sister and they seem to be doing suprisingly well. with all things considered. The funeral is going to be set for Friday at 1PM. i really don't wanna go. as of right now it's just a "bad dream" but i think come the funeral i will know its for sure. :(