PDA

View Full Version : Flowmaster on a Saturn??

ffvetteman
07-30-2007, 04:01 PM
Has anyone heard what a Flowmaster 40 sounds like on a Saturn DOHC??

I need a new muffler for a 91 Saturn and I have a few Flowmater 40's laying around. Would that sound ok? The exhaust is mint, except for the muffler being rotted out. So I was going to use the stock exhaust. I dont have much experience with engines smaller than V8's so Im not sure if it would sound ok or not.

I cut the muffler off already. I could just leave it because it sounds like a ricer now.:stare

Car Guy
07-30-2007, 04:26 PM
Hard to say exactly but it should sound better than just a straight pipe.....:wooo

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

ffvetteman
07-30-2007, 06:11 PM
That straight pipe is baaaaad.

But, I have heard Honda Civics that sound like that.

Maybe for once I could be cool if my car sounded like that!! God known the Vettes dont work.

sloLs1
07-30-2007, 06:17 PM
it might actually get rid of the "rasp" like most four bangers have with a straight through muffler... flowmaster is chambered so maybe it will atleast not be rasppy... i dont know of too many (or if any) 4 bangers that sound nice!

let us know how it goes if you do put one on!

pickardracing
07-30-2007, 07:36 PM
I had a turbo Cherry Bomb on my SC2. Sounded great, actually.

All the loud, none of the rasp.

lilws6
07-31-2007, 12:52 PM
i say try it it can't be as bad as somne of the civics that drive around

Slow Joe
07-31-2007, 01:57 PM
I had a cherry bomb on my neon and it sounded like ass, the guy that had it before me put it on... I replaced it with a... Cheiftech or some shit muffler from Fleet Farm... Just got the closest generic fit muffler that would work and called it a day...

Heat Seeker WS6
07-31-2007, 02:19 PM
Throw the T/A's stereo system in the Saturn and playback the glorious sound from your LT5 in it!! :banana