PDA

View Full Version : Lionsfest

Holeshot
07-26-2007, 08:36 PM
Anyone going tomorrow? I might if the weather is good. And anything going on Sat night? Weather should be good.

sloLs1
07-26-2007, 09:19 PM
was going to go to the car cruise tomorrow but i need to stay at work and finsih whats left on the satty.... will be heading up to culvers on sat.!!!!

Firefighter Z
07-26-2007, 09:33 PM
I might roll up there... Dont know about the cruise though, last time I went I had shit thrown at my car by some lil' biatch kids, so Im real IFFY on that.

But I'll posibly do the carshow...

BTW GAS in South Milwaukee is $2.79

Mssplayboybunie
07-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Should be a good time. Im looking forward to it-hope the humidity dies down a little though

jbiscuit
07-30-2007, 09:00 AM
was down there.....cruise was mega lame but the show was cool....lots of people. Lots of nice cars

Mssplayboybunie
07-30-2007, 10:00 AM
I think the problem this year and ever since 2003 The fact you can't do burnouts or anything even near that. There was a cop car every other 2 cars this year. We cruised for 15 mins and I think their were more cops than actual "nice" cars. 3 Standing on every corner..Indeed it wasn't as great as years past and if this continues I think it will pretty much die down, which sucks because this used to be a big thing. To many idiots ruin it for the rest.

jbiscuit
07-30-2007, 10:15 AM
I'd say just dump the cruise and have the show.... We drove down once and then just went into the show. I never got over 25mph. If you even revved your engine, a cop on the corner radio'd you in. It probably WAS a neat thing at one point but its pretty obvious the cops aren't having it. I'd say dump it.

Feature Pony
07-30-2007, 01:38 PM
Its now turned more into a show because everybody wants the best parking spots so its more of a show than anything. I was in line at stans at 4pm and once the tickets were sold I pretty much hurried to get down there. I have been taking cars there since 93 which I think was the first year for the cruise and it was fun when there was only 75 to 100 cars there you could leave and cruise and come back and your spot was still there, now with 202 cars and tons of people it takes you 30 mins just to get out of there and with a big block it doesn't like to idle and wait.

jbiscuit
07-30-2007, 01:41 PM
what color is your Superbee? I think we parked right over by you

EDIT: I know which car is yours now...yea in fact we did park in the same area as you...you car is outstanding by the way. Good times.

Feature Pony
07-30-2007, 02:33 PM
Thanks, it was the green one there I also had my yello cobra there, and the 68 plymouth vert that was orange was my dad's car. We will have to get together to get some pics done by you.

jbiscuit
07-30-2007, 02:53 PM
yours and your dad's orange vert are just beautiful. I was too busy drinkin beers though to pay attention to a lot of the other cars that weren' by us though :)

Feature Pony
07-30-2007, 05:03 PM
Thanks, I love your Biscayne with the dog dish hub caps, it looks like a real nice sleeper!!

Firefighter Z
07-30-2007, 10:22 PM
I have a friend the owns Bully's Liquor and he said the Police were crazy with tickets... But it's really not the Police's fault since there doing what there told, it's the City Mayor, Alderman's and the Old people. Blame them.

I give it one more year thats it.