PDA

View Full Version : Crutches suck

Heat Seeker WS6
07-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Ive never been on crutches before and its been years since having my only other leg injury- knee in High School and this sux :fire

Rolled my right foot inwards while sidestepping off a pallet at work yesterday and did all kinds of damage to the tendons & ligaments in my right ankle. At least nothing broke but movement in the ankle is nonexistent and doing anything now is a good challenge- even driving. There was that brief thought of "aawwww shiiiiiaaaat" while looking down at the foot not quite facing the right way while feeling the 1st needle of pain a just after it happended, followed by, "holy fuk this is gonna hurt in a little while" :banana
So yeah, my right ankle is now a huge chankle! Now the T/A not running is now even less of an issue, since it'd be impossible to drive it anyways.

My workman's comp is taking care of everything and work is accomidating me very well with this, so Im felling very lucky overall with this situation.

02v6stangpwr
07-26-2007, 07:59 PM
I know all about how bad crutches suck. I had three knee surguries between the years 02-06...two of them were even within the same year! Hope you feel better!

Slow Joe
07-26-2007, 08:16 PM
Last time I had crutches I dropped a 2-door Grand Marquis door on my foot... MAN DID THAT HURT!!! But I did drive myself to the hospital... :rolf

Waver
07-26-2007, 08:19 PM
ouch john, I hope things start looking up for ya

Cutlass Queen
07-26-2007, 08:22 PM
So how about we have crutch races now...I'll borrow my dads :rolf:rolf

scottie K
07-26-2007, 08:35 PM
you gota love sprained ankles hahahah i did the same yrs ago

UnderPSI
07-26-2007, 09:24 PM
The cane is where its at!!!

Brandon W.
07-26-2007, 09:31 PM

you should see john's pimp cane. he keeps his pimp hand strong with that thing..:rolf:rolf

sorry to hear about your injury John. i wish you a quick recovery buddy.:thumbsup:)

PureSound15
07-26-2007, 09:47 PM

Didn't you have a carbon fiber cane? I don't know why I remember that, or if it was even you.

nismodave
07-26-2007, 09:48 PM
Hope you heal quickly!!!!

Slow Joe
07-26-2007, 11:06 PM
Well, no one's stated this stuff yet:
Crutch Seeker
Foot Seeker
Ankle Seeker
Paint Seeker
Transmission Seeker
Wiring Seeker
Engine Seeker
Wheel Seeker
Tire Seeker

What else are you seeking John?? :rolf

Good seein you tonight buddy :thumbsup Feel better soon!!

scaleracer
07-26-2007, 11:31 PM
Sorry to hear that hope you feel better :thumbsup

UnderPSI
07-27-2007, 12:04 AM
Didn't you have a carbon fiber cane? I don't know why I remember that, or if it was even you.

Yup, After walking with a cane for a while you search for something nice. I still have to use it if I do a lot of walking. Seems like you get a lot more respect from random people if I am using it.

WickedSix
07-27-2007, 12:16 AM
Sorry to hear yer now a hop-a-long john. Best take care of that ankle, there is alot to see coming up :shades

Reverend Cooper
07-27-2007, 12:37 AM
sorry to hear this Dr. Seeker hope you get better quick and are ok

Heat Seeker WS6
07-27-2007, 12:42 AM
Well, no one's stated this stuff yet:
Crutch Seeker
Foot Seeker
Ankle Seeker
Paint Seeker
Transmission Seeker
Wiring Seeker
Engine Seeker
Wheel Seeker
Tire Seeker

What else are you seeking John?? :rolf

Good seein you tonight buddy :thumbsup Feel better soon!!

:thumbsup Great stuff Joe & nice seeing you guys tonight as well! Im pretty sure I found Waldo though:banana

Thanks all & you'll see me at the next Gimp-Nationals :durr

TURTLE
07-27-2007, 12:51 AM
johnner, sorry to hear of your misfortune, but hopefully you'll have a speedy recovery, and then we can go to CIR with a "gimp" and show 'em how to drive those karts ;)

Poncho
07-27-2007, 01:05 AM
So how about we have crutch races now...I'll borrow my dads :rolf:rolf

Careful now Deana.... His crutches might start on fire.

Flicktitty
07-27-2007, 02:07 AM
that sucks John hope you get better fast.

Cutlass Queen
07-27-2007, 07:32 AM
Careful now Deana.... His crutches might start on fire.

Yah I'm gonna decline that offer for a race, I'll get my ass handed to me for sure :rolf

Heat Seeker WS6
07-27-2007, 08:36 AM
Yah I'm gonna decline that offer for a race, I'll get my ass handed to me for sure :rolf

You Pansy! So one of the crutches may loose its fluid, spontaneuosly combust, drop a gear, loose its opti, catch a guidewire or be slower (heck ... maybe faster:confused) due to mismatched paint PLUS my gas pedal foot is shot :durr. I'd give you the odds on the race (not the hit though- that'd probably hurt), but if you want to woose out, thats fine :D

Anakonda69
07-27-2007, 09:12 AM
sweet i'm not the only one on crutches...hope it feels a lil better man

Cutlass Queen
07-27-2007, 09:38 AM
You Pansy! So one of the crutches may loose its fluid, spontaneuosly combust, drop a gear, loose its opti, catch a guidewire or be slower (heck ... maybe faster:confused) due to mismatched paint PLUS my gas pedal foot is shot :durr. I'd give you the odds on the race (not the hit though- that'd probably hurt), but if you want to woose out, thats fine :D

Pansy? :wooo

My luck I'd lose my balance and tumble to the ground messing my gas pedal foot up....can we do this race once the season is over :D