PDA

View Full Version : Racing: BCM vs Illinois nazis!

Heat Seeker WS6
07-26-2007, 07:25 PM
I got this today from Chicago Indoor Racing for their 300 lap endurance race. Some very fast & hardcore racers will be there from down under! I'll captain our team if Im able to drive. Turtle & company- lets do this!!
:banana
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/Heat_Seeker_WS6/8-28Invite.jpg

GTSLOW
07-26-2007, 10:15 PM
I did a 8 hour endurance race like this at road america with mike!! It's a friggen blast!!

TURTLE
07-27-2007, 12:55 AM
i'm in... i'll definitely be good for this one...

nismo, you in? coop? we gotta get some new blood going down there...

Flicktitty
07-27-2007, 02:10 AM
hmm, i would like to get in, but i'd like to get some seat time before i go with some "pro's"

Heat Seeker WS6
07-27-2007, 08:41 AM
hmm, i would like to get in, but i'd like to get some seat time before i go with some "pro's"

Let me know when you want to go & I'll go with. Depending when, I may not be able to race/practice with you, but can help coach you. If your serious about the club race, youll want a couple of trips there to learn the karts & track.
Turtle & I are planning of going to shake off the cobwebs once I get medical clearance 'to drive'.

Heat Seeker WS6
07-27-2007, 07:54 PM
An update from CIR after speaking with them today-
-Local Chi-town BMW and Porsche clubs are going to be the ones to beat as usual.
-Clubs can run multipule teams. We should do this Team Penske Style with 2 teams running :headbang
-A total of 16 to 18 teams will be running so reservations have to be made rather quickly for this.
-With 16- 18 karts on the track at a time, traffic's going to be tight & fun to work with, so driving strategy & skill be be huge.
-Each Club's race team pays $300 to enter. Divide that by the number per team for final cost per racer.
-Big trophies will be awarded for top teams.

Also spoke with Andrew Canak today (blue SCCA Miata racer) and he'll most likely be heading up the 2nd team if we get at least 6 to do this.

In so far:
Myself- gimp pending medical clearance
Josh - Slower is faster
Al- blue suit hitman :headbang
Andrew Canak- doesnt own any 2nd place trophies
Brandon? - can race till 10, then goes home

Al
07-27-2007, 11:40 PM
I'd be down for that.

I'm a member of the blue-suit mafia. You do know that the blue suits are faster?

Heat Seeker WS6
08-05-2007, 07:00 PM
Im going down next week or the week after to shake off the cobwebs & practice if the Doc the says its OK to.

Al & Josh, let me know what days work or dont work for you.

Anyone else that can 'drive' and has money to race or hangout & watch?? They have a decent food at their resraunt overlooking the track.

TURTLE
08-05-2007, 09:40 PM
most of the time wednesdays or thursdays work better...

WickedSix
08-05-2007, 09:53 PM
I can cheerlead if ya need some :banana1: since I think I'd be a scosh on the oversize side for karting at 6 plus and 280 :rolf:rolf

Heat Seeker WS6
08-06-2007, 12:05 AM
I can cheerlead if ya need some :banana1: since I think I'd be a scosh on the oversize side for karting at 6 plus and 280 :rolf:rolf

Definately come along, PLUS.... Thier bar is well stocked!! ...for spectators:thumbsup

pOrk
08-06-2007, 12:43 AM
I wouldn't mind coming down to watch, I never did cart racing so I can't volunteer to be part of the team. I'd make an ugly cheer leader too, so I'll just watch ;-)

lasttimearound
08-06-2007, 01:04 AM
never been there... what kind of karts are these? i used to race shifters and have been looking for a place to take my girlfriend when i get home

Guteman
08-06-2007, 10:32 AM
Andrew Canak and I go there all the time. Ive never ran track 3 though. I am ALWAYS 2-5 tenths off Canak *shakesfist... Little unfair though when half of Chi-town runs at CIR. Ill run there if ya need me.

Guteman
08-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Id be down to going Thursday to show you guys around the track. If Andy isnt working he'll come too.

WickedSix
08-06-2007, 12:09 PM
If ya go down early can ne one take a run on the track?:confused might be fun just to make a couple laps in a non critical race environ lol :rolf:thumbsup

Cutlass Queen
08-06-2007, 06:32 PM
I'll be there to be a cheerleader for BCM :thumbsup

TopSECRETHatch
08-06-2007, 07:14 PM
im going just to watch. her. lol j/k

spindler27
08-06-2007, 07:40 PM
man, that sounds like a blast, i'd like to go sometime, idk if id be in the enduro race though, since i havent even driven a cart like this before

Heat Seeker WS6
08-06-2007, 11:39 PM
Copied from CIR's site:
Bowman Race Karts feature tubular chrome-moly chassis with a Kelgate self adjusting hydraulic disk brake, alloy wheels and slick racing tires.

The Bowman Race Karts are powered by Honda's state of the art GX200 engine. The engine is unrestricted which allows this 200cc four cycle motor to rev up to a quick 5,500rpm.

http://gallery.chicagoindoorracing.com/upload/enthusiast%20program/team%20endurance/10-29-2006/Rick_A.JPG

Track 3 is about 1400 feet and the faster drivers can hit almost 40mph.
http://chicagoindoorracing.com/popups/images/track3.jpg

The track provides helmet, driving suit & neckbrace, but I bring my own stuff-
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/Heat_Seeker_WS6/gear1.jpg

Next Thurs sounds good for all-around beat sessions & racing for whoever wants to run. Is this cool with everyone interested in running or watching? I'll call the track to make sure they dont have it rented out that night.
Expect not to get home until 11pm and we'll prob start around 7 or so. Drivers expect to spend at least $80 for 3 to 4 races. I (if my ankle will permit) and others will run more than that.

Guteman- do I know you?- thinking I do.
Since Andy & I cannot be on the same teams because of our proscores and the fact that CIR knows he & I run together.... BUT we can form a 2nd team with you 2 and a 3rd driver.

I ran the 300 lap endurance with only one other driver last Newyears Eve and even though I had my Simpson gloves on, I still had blisters on my hands for a week! and was sore as hell for a few days following.

Cutlass Queen
08-06-2007, 11:40 PM
im going just to watch. her. lol j/k

Watch me? :wow

Guteman
08-07-2007, 09:17 AM
Guteman- do I know you?- thinking I do.
Since Andy & I cannot be on the same teams because of our proscores and the fact that CIR knows he & I run together.... BUT we can form a 2nd team with you 2 and a 3rd driver.

I am usually with Andy on H100 eating food. If your the guy with crutches right now then yes I think I know you. Last time I was out there was Sunday and I had to leave early. I think you took Andy to his Xterra?

Andy knows how fast I am at CIR. High 14's on track #1 going clockwise. I only been there around 6 times and I am top 400 on pro score. Is it one team captain with one experienced driver on a team? Im in-experienced on track #3 so they might let me by.

Heat Seeker WS6
08-07-2007, 09:55 AM
I am usually with Andy on H100 eating food. If your the guy with crutches right now then yes I think I know you. Last time I was out there was Sunday and I had to leave early. I think you took Andy to his Xterra?

Andy knows how fast I am at CIR. High 14's on track #1 going clockwise. I only been there around 6 times and I am top 400 on pro score. Is it one team captain with one experienced driver on a team? Im in-experienced on track #3 so they might let me by.

Yep, I took him to pick up his truck from Alyssa's work & I thought that was you- small world.:thumbsup

You can run on either team because you've only been there a few times. They want to keep 'regular's' off same teams to keep it somewhat fair and not totally kill everyone else. He & I are dammed from doing so with our scores & frequency of going there. Too bad we all cant squeeze on 1 team though- THAT would be interesting:banana

Guteman
08-07-2007, 10:16 AM
Have you ever gone with Andy to CIR? Pretty much every time he goes I go with him. We might be going Friday if you're interested.

Whats your pro score?

Brandon W.
08-07-2007, 10:42 AM
john the parents are "cart-blocking" me here. i got the big NO today when i asked. the fact that it would be competative, i think is what made her say no.

Heat Seeker WS6
08-07-2007, 10:48 AM
Have you ever gone with Andy to CIR? Pretty much every time he goes I go with him. We might be going Friday if you're interested.

Whats your pro score?

Right now my scores around 202 and last ran in late April. Most of the time going there I would only run if the top racers were there, so that didnt exactly do my proscore any justice, but definately keeps you working extra hard out there. Andrew & I have gone several times and run within inches of each others bumper no matter who was leading or following. He's definately a challenge to race with.
I have Doc's appointment Fri early evening, but may come to watch. Ill wait until next week to see how well I can race with the ankle- still giving it time to come around.

Heat Seeker WS6
08-07-2007, 11:07 AM
john the parents are "cart-blocking" me here. i got the big NO today when i asked. the fact that it would be competative, i think is what made her say no.

And they're also letting you play with fast street cars? :confused
come down & watch still!

Guteman
08-07-2007, 11:37 AM
This is pretty much the best I can do with Andy... Theres been a couple times where his cart wasnt as good as mine and I'd push him around the track.

http://scores.oskarsystems.com/cir/(S(0c0eu1i1wwei5n55jj2tto55))/Race.aspx?RaceId=112754&Center=cir

stowsea
08-07-2007, 11:46 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/drift2388/anonymous-blues-brothers-2300667cop.jpg