PDA

View Full Version : Legal Advice.....

Car Guy
07-26-2007, 02:07 AM
So back in 2000 I took someone to small claims court and won :headbang, well very shortly there after that person filed for bankruptcy :fire. I was told back then that the 'chapter' he filed didn't remove me from his debts but put it on hold [or something like that].....

I was just wondering if there's anything I could do to collect any monies that are due to me...???

I thought I remembered someone saying that I'll be on 'the list' of debtors for 7 years and then 'something' will happen. Good or bad I'm not sure but it just occurred to me that the 7 year anniversary will be coming up.....

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/caseDetails.do;jsessionid=460334ABE9D5F208332F84BC EBA33DFA.render2?caseNo=2000SC022383&countyNo=40&cacheId=C4CF7E9B8F8934E6C6ADEDFDF3589FBB&recordCount=8&offset=3

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

fireguyrick
07-26-2007, 04:12 AM
Depends on the type of Bankruptcy he filed. I believe chapter 7 was a complete discharge of all debts. They would consider what you currently own, and if anything could go they would sell it, and the money would get divided up to the creditors. If there was nothing to sell, well, you were SOL. If it was chapter 11, you most likely SHOULD have been getting monthly payments. That is at least what I seem to recall being the practice prior to the change in bankruptcy law.

Rick

Car Guy
07-26-2007, 09:40 AM
I don't think it was either 7 or 11, but I remember not being able to go after his tools and/or his house [because that's how he makes a living and he needs somewhere to live :rolleyes:]. Now that I think about it I remember getting a call from a mortgage company about two years ago asking if I was still owed money from him. The guy on the phone said that Mr. Sirna was attempting to purchase a home but needed to consider all debts, and I was one of them [but that was the last I heard of it]. I even asked the guy what the deal was with Mr. Sirna and he said it doesn't look good, meaning he had quite a few debts to pay off still.....

:3gears::3gears::3gears: