PDA

View Full Version : Whistler Galileo GPS

Z28Envy
07-23-2007, 11:32 PM
I have a Whistler Galileo GPS that I never use so I am going to sell it. I bought it about 6 months ago and really have never used it. When I bought it I also bought the detailed mapping software with a compact flash card. I have never even loaded the mapping software onto my computer. The only time I tried it out was when I put batteries in it and drove around for a little bit. I am asking $120.00 obo. PM me if you are interested.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa52/Z28ENVY/gpsandcat008.jpg

Flight_740
07-24-2007, 10:02 AM
Can you get marine charts for it?

Z28Envy
07-25-2007, 04:18 AM
I'm not sure if it can or not. The only thing I can find in the manual says: NMEA output-"NMEA-National Marine Electronics Association. A professional organization that defines and maintains the standard serial format used by marine electronic navigation equipment and computer interfaces. Additional information on NMEA can be found at on the internet at www.nmea.org. This output is used to relay GPS information to NMEA 0183 ready devices."

So it kind of sounds like it can but I'm not sure. I really don't know much about this kind of stuff. Maybe someone else can chime in if they have something similar to this unit.

Flight_740
07-25-2007, 10:06 AM
That port is used to hook up to your marine radio. if you are ever in any distress, you push a button on the radio and it relays your location to the coast gaurd. Nice to have if you're ever in trouble.

My step dad is looking for one. I'll run it by him.

Z28Envy
07-29-2007, 09:45 PM
Bump for new price!