PDA

View Full Version : Collision Work - ***** Fit!

Breecher_7
07-23-2007, 07:07 PM
Well ive decided to start throwing out names. I know that a few of you work at this dealer, including my girlfriend but I can no longer keep this quiet as im at my wits end.

Do not ever, no matter what, take your vehicle to ANY of the Heiser body shops. My old truck went there for some pretty serious colision work and and after a dozen attempts, was never repaired correctly. Sure they can do the body work itself, and they do it quite well but when it comes to painting, they are complete idiots.

I most recently purchased a new silverado from Heiser. The truck had a deep 3" scratch on the front fender when i bought it and it was to get taken care of. 3 weeks ago it went in to get repaired and came back with the scratch fixed but debris under the clear, tape lines, overspray on my door and rocker panel and tons of unfinnished rough edges. SO after being civil and discussing this with the body shop manager at 76th street as well as the guy that overseas all the service departments they were going to fix the errors. ok......

So the truck goes back in thismorning and my girlfriend just brought it home. The truck looks worse now then it did thismorning. I gave them a detailed list of problems and its like they just threw it out. The overspray is still on the door and rocker, but now there are tons of little surface scratches as well from them trying to fix it. The edges on the bottom of the fender are still rough and unfinnished, there is polishing compound all over the place, there is a haze throughout the fender now AND THE KICKER, there is clear coat overspray and atleast my grill and most likely my headlights. How the hell did they manage this?

I am at my wits end right now and dont know what to do. I have just left a nasty voice mail for the body shop manager and send an email to the head honcho of service.

If this is not repaired this week I am going to have this repaird by a good shop out of pocket and i am going to sue heiser for my time and the repairs as well as put there shady work out to the media. I am tired, I am fed up and I dont care about being nice anymore. Ive givin and givin and get nothing in return, they are either going to do somthing about it, or im going to take the next step.

Also, i know there are a few of you on here that are painters/body guys. I want one or more of you to take a look at the truck and tell me if you think you can fix it, I would rather put the business out to our own people first if it comes to that.

Any insight or comments are appreciated.

Chris, Mark, sorry guys, but the truth is a *****.

On a better note, I tought my girlfriend to shoot this weekend. She did very well, hit the target on the first shot. Gotta love a woman that can handle a gun!

UPDATED WITH PICTURES!

Keep in mind I am no photographer and the lighting sucks as the sun is starting to go down right now. It shows it is bad but you have no idea how bad till you see in person.

Overspray on the grill:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/antoninodamato/colision001.jpg
Overspray on the door:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/antoninodamato/colision004.jpg
Runs in the paint:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/antoninodamato/colision005.jpg
COMPLETELY UNFINNISHED part of the fender, this is the part that follows the rocker. The other side looks like glass!
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/antoninodamato/colision006.jpg
Paint Chips:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/antoninodamato/colision009.jpg
Hazyness throughout the fender:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/antoninodamato/colision008.jpg

See now why im pissed? And this is there attempt to FIX what they did originally!

My patriotic thought for the day.......
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/antoninodamato/flag006.jpg

lilws6
07-23-2007, 07:15 PM
ohh dear as long as your on her good side :) lol jk i'll keep the body shop thing in mind i know when i worked at saturn we had two of the best body guys out there. mike did the collision repairs and bob paints and he was amazing always did a good job.

Lash
07-23-2007, 07:17 PM
If my Dad was back to work...I'd tell you to swing by the shop in Waukesha. He'd at least ive you an honest opinion.
You could swing by his house in New Berlin if you wanted too....he's home all day...lol.

It sucks to hear that you're going through all this for something simple.

Yooformula
07-23-2007, 07:32 PM
post some pics of the truck

Brandon W.
07-23-2007, 07:48 PM
ill NEVER take anything to a big buisness for painting. i support the local out of garage guys. there is a guy on HWY 11 named Joe Firkus (sp?) and another guy that used to work at Hribars named Ron. I have NEVER seen paintjobs like these guys can do. they go the extra mile. and they don't charge alot in labor.

Nix
07-23-2007, 07:55 PM
post some pics of the truck

x2 help us see what you see.

Breecher_7
07-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Im going to attach some pictures to the original post. The lighting isnt the greatest and im not a great photographer. It looks ALOT worse in person yet the pictures still show it is bad.

Lash
07-23-2007, 08:25 PM
Yeah...thats bad enough...lol.

Reverend Cooper
07-23-2007, 08:30 PM
dood that looks like total ass. talk to the general manager he will get that handled

Breecher_7
07-23-2007, 08:33 PM
dood that looks like total ass. talk to the general manager he will get that handled

You would think so, but it looks worse every time they touch it, I went throug this with my other truck with them before....... Its rediculous. I have a email into the head guru of service and a call into the body shop manager, we will see what happens tomarrow. I have no faith in them anymore.......

Reverend Cooper
07-23-2007, 08:53 PM
im telling you go to the gm. explain dont yell and say frustrated lots. youll get it fixed right if you dont,there is no hope after that

Breecher_7
07-23-2007, 09:06 PM
There is no "GM" there because they body shop is in the old Toyota dealership, wich is now there low budget lot. I have been in contact with the guy who is incharge of ALL the Heiser service centers, hopefully he does somthing but after my fiasco with my last truck this will once again turn into more of a headache then it already has. If its not fixed by the end of the week it my next call will be to the local press and my lawyer. This is garbage.

PureSound15
07-23-2007, 09:20 PM
If that doesn't work...

There have been people who have been 'trouble' to BCMs members in the past, and never heard of since :shades

Holeshot
07-23-2007, 09:34 PM
wow thats really shitty work.

awsomeears
07-23-2007, 09:36 PM
I figured you were just anal about your paint but if these lowbudget pictures can show all those flaw it must look like Ass in person.

hrsp
07-23-2007, 09:43 PM
wow that does look shitty GL with it

Car Guy
07-23-2007, 09:45 PM
I could have done much better at my 'body shop' [my house], seriously......:goof

http://www.hardwarestore.com/media/product/655441_front200.jpg

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

70challenger
07-24-2007, 12:28 AM
im not usually one to ***** about body work, but wow, that does look absolutely horrible. i cant beleive they let it out of the shop like that! just a recomendation, nagel autobody in waukesha does awesome work if u cant get it settled. good luck dealing with them, hope u get everything fixed right.

pOrk
07-24-2007, 12:34 AM
AHAHAHA They had the bumper gypsies fix it! I know that work from a mile away. Heiser, like many other dealerships, use portable painters called bumper gypsies to do small fix it work for CHEAP. Instead of taking your truck to their Heiser Chevy store, they had a bumber gypsie go over it in the parking lot.

These gypsies literally spray the car outside in the parking lot and get over spray everywhere. You need to go into a Heiser dealership and throw a ******* fit. Not just a " I'm very upset " speech, but a kicking and screaming triathlon. That is horrible work, the bottom of that fender has no paint on it at all and you can see the surface rust starting already. That is absurd!

Crawlin
07-24-2007, 08:54 AM
There is no GM here at the dealership. There's 5 of us total. Bruce, Me, and three sales people. Today I'm the G.M. since Bruce is gone, same thing for tomorrow since he's away at auctions. Even though it's one building, it's two COMPLETELY different entities.

Since I'm here, I never saw the truck sitting OUTSIDE getting sprayed on. I know it was inside, but that shit looks HORRENDOUS. Not saying that anyone couldn't have come inside and done what Pork has said. I don't know the guys in the body shop, and don't care to know any of them.

I'd call Don and pitch a fit. I'd literally go off asking is there anyone competent in either of the body shops(cause I know you had probs with the Chevy store body shop too). There's no excuse for that horrible bullshit. Just end up saying that you've tried to trust Heiser to do things right since Colleen works here and that you have friends that work here, but it's come time to go have it fixed right and you'll be bringing him the bill for the ****ups. Don't do the lawyer threaten thing, cause Steve will just go after you for that then and say, go right ahead and he'll draw it out forever. Seen him do it already

Breecher_7
07-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Well I came by thismorning and talked to Guy about it. He sat there and acted like I was being rediculous and that there is nothing wrong. He couldnt explain the oversparay on the grill or the bumper. So the outcome at this point is that it is going back in tomarrow morning and it is going to be worked on. I am pisssed, I have no faith in them and I doubt what I see tomarrow night will be any better.

Im glad to see that your not doing any company man ass kissing though Chris!

Oh and Pork, i accused him of using bumper gypsies and he got pissed off, it was rather funny so thank you for that.

Anymore info guys?

Crawlin
07-24-2007, 11:13 AM
Best thing about the car business... i don't give a rat's ass about any other employee but MYSELF. So someone ****s you(or any friend) over, gotta call that person on it

Let me know what Don says about the pics...(feel funny typing this cause we are all in that chat, but oh well, haha)

Lash
07-24-2007, 06:10 PM
AHAHAHA They had the bumper gypsies fix it! I know that work from a mile away. Heiser, like many other dealerships, use portable painters called bumper gypsies to do small fix it work for CHEAP. Instead of taking your truck to their Heiser Chevy store, they had a bumber gypsie go over it in the parking lot.

These gypsies literally spray the car outside in the parking lot and get over spray everywhere. You need to go into a Heiser dealership and throw a ******* fit. Not just a " I'm very upset " speech, but a kicking and screaming triathlon. That is horrible work, the bottom of that fender has no paint on it at all and you can see the surface rust starting already. That is absurd!

Yeah...I just sent him a PM before reading this saying thats probably what happened...lol.

In reality...it's not Guys fault IMO. It's upper managements fault for using those ****ing guys. They have the final say in that shit.

For guy to let that kind of work out of the shop is very weird though. He's a pretty good guy when it comes to quality. Like I said in my PM to you....something else must be going on in that office.

Man...Guy must have a bunch of schmucks working for him now.

Breecher_7
07-24-2007, 06:34 PM
The job was not outsourced, it was done in house. In my oppinion Guy is the one to blame as he let it out of the shop looking like that and he also defended the work even though its absolutly horrible.

SmokinRAM114
07-24-2007, 07:58 PM
damn that is horible, iv done better with a rattle can hope u get it fixed right

pOrk
07-25-2007, 02:13 AM
Glad I could be of some assistance.

Don is a **** wad, he doesn't care if your happy and neither do the rest of those guys. It sucks that they run the buisness like that. I guess send Mark a PM, he is a stand up guy that has his hand in the buisness somehow. If he can't help you, I don't know what to tell you. That work is shody as hell.

Breecher_7
07-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Recieved a phone call from Don Meyer, the head of service for heiser thismorning assuring me that it will be taken care of and appologising for the things that the body shop manager had said.

The truck is currently in the shop, I do not believe word they say at this point. I can almost guarantee that it will be going right back tomarrow morning unless they found some new techs to fix it.

BAD LS1
07-25-2007, 12:40 PM
Wow that reall sucks... i had some stuff like that done to my colorado when i had it yet from a minor deer hit... I took it to a place figuring the guy i know that works there would be working on it, well that wasnt the case, some young punk did all the body work and paint and i had primer overspray in the whole door jamb and the interior wreacked of paint and they used that shiny silicon spray like under the hood on the whole interior... I just about ******* cryed when i saw it. I got rid of the truck 2 weeks later because of that.

The customer gets screwed in the end typically when it is an insurance job is my finding. every short cut possible is taken because they arent getting paid for shit.

Breecher_7
07-25-2007, 02:57 PM
Wow that reall sucks... i had some stuff like that done to my colorado when i had it yet from a minor deer hit... I took it to a place figuring the guy i know that works there would be working on it, well that wasnt the case, some young punk did all the body work and paint and i had primer overspray in the whole door jamb and the interior wreacked of paint and they used that shiny silicon spray like under the hood on the whole interior... I just about ******* cryed when i saw it. I got rid of the truck 2 weeks later because of that.

The customer gets screwed in the end typically when it is an insurance job is my finding. every short cut possible is taken because they arent getting paid for shit.

This is similar to the issue I ran into with my dodge. I had an accident last two winters ago with it and they replaced the two passenger side doors and the cab side itself. The body work was done flawlessly, the paint on the other hand sucked ass. Finnally after 12 times in the shop, im insurance company chewing there ass and a whole lot of agravation it got fixed well ehough that I could deal with it. I to sold it recently as I was sick of still noticing the tiny flaws. This truck is only 4 months old, i am not giving up on this one, either they will get it right or someone else will, either way, there paying for it.

Crawlin
07-25-2007, 03:04 PM
You'd be suprised how much pull "one" person has even though their family is part owner. Pretty much none would be the answer

I like Don. But then he's never said shit to me negative. Always pleasant, calling to see how business is.

But, just like in any other company, you first got to reach them to get them involved. At Coca-Cola if you get a bottle of soda that's flat, the uppers don't give a shit cause it's a simple inconvenience that should never have to get to them. Just like here, this shit should have never happened to begin with, and now that it's gotten to them, they want it fixed cause they have bigger things they'd prefer to deal with than one truck.

Breecher_7
07-25-2007, 03:59 PM
So heres the deal, they are keeping it overnight now. Chris if you get a chance can you walk back there and and go over the drivers side fender with a fine tooth comb, espeically all the edges, lower part by the rocker and the rocker itself and let me know if you see anything that catches your eye. I want to know if I should even get my hopes up of this being done correctly.

Breecher_7
07-26-2007, 04:20 PM
Wow, what a suprise, I just got the truck back and it still looks like shit. The They managed to clean up the edges but the overspray is still there and there is shit still under the clear coat. Oh and imagine that, MORE SURFACE SCRATCHES!!!!

Looks like its going back again.

These people need to hire some new technicians.......

Car Guy
07-26-2007, 04:33 PM
Jeez, what is this world coming too when someone can't even get a simple panel painted correctly. I'm glad were not all at war.....:rolleyes:

Breecher_7
07-26-2007, 04:39 PM
War is easier. Here are the pictures I sent to Don Meyer (head of service)

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/antoninodamato/overspray.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c249/antoninodamato/debris.jpg

Irish
07-26-2007, 04:46 PM
I am at a loss for words. It's definitely not the 1950's when quality actually meant something. Have Crash fix it. He does AWESOME paint jobs.

hrsp
07-26-2007, 05:53 PM
holy shit it still looks crappy...call contact 6...they dont fukk around at fox 6..lol

pOrk
07-26-2007, 05:55 PM
I also suggest you take it to Crash, or ANYBODY for that matter and have those morons foot the bill. It makes me sick to think dealerships are really this bad. Heiser doesn't give a damn about people, profit profit profit

0TransAm0
07-26-2007, 06:23 PM
holy shit it still looks crappy...call contact 6...they dont fukk around at fox 6..lol

X2 call FOX 6

88Nightmare
07-26-2007, 06:30 PM
I also suggest you take it to Crash, or ANYBODY for that matter and have those morons foot the bill. It makes me sick to think dealerships are really this bad. Heiser doesn't give a damn about people, profit profit profit

most places are all about bottom dollar and profit now a days. There arent many places around that would do a quality job for what you pay.

pOrk
07-26-2007, 07:50 PM
most places are all about bottom dollar and profit now a days. There arent many places around that would do a quality job for what you pay.

Most plases are, you are correct. I know that both Crash and Customs Unlimited are around because they stand behind their work and nothing but quality leaves their shops. Those are two that come off the top of my head, and neither of those guys will let a car that isn't perfect out of their shop.

sidewayzbimmer
07-26-2007, 09:17 PM
X3 the option for contact 6!

Lash
07-26-2007, 09:34 PM

Most dealerships that is.
This is exactly what I was getting to in that 'other' thread about this same subject....but I guess nobody wanted to agree with me. :rolleyes:

Car Guy
07-26-2007, 10:01 PM
X4 for Contact 6, I'd like to see what they can do about it......

GTSLOW
07-26-2007, 10:13 PM
Call contact 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pOrk
07-27-2007, 12:00 AM
Contact 6 is poop

Car Guy
07-27-2007, 12:03 AM
Contact 6 is poop

Have you tried 'contacting' them...??? :rolf

hrsp
07-27-2007, 05:16 AM
he did about the street racing in westallis and greenfield!!!!!HAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Cutlass Queen
07-27-2007, 07:27 AM

Ain't that the truth, I'm living proof right here:thumbsup

pOrk
07-27-2007, 10:32 AM

:rolleyes: You sure talk a lot of shit :loser

Car Guy
07-27-2007, 10:48 AM

^^^^^ OK, now I get it. At first I had no clue what you were talking about......

Breecher_7
07-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Guy and Don meyer looked at it again today, going in for round 4 next week. This is really pathetic.......

hrsp
07-27-2007, 05:11 PM
:rolleyes: You sure talk a lot of shit :loser

take a fukking joke....you know it was funny as hell :rolf:rolf:rolf

GTSLOW
07-27-2007, 05:35 PM
Ain't that the truth, I'm living proof right here:thumbsup

:confused:confused:confused :confused:confused:confused :confused:confused:confused :confused:confused:confused

GTSLOW
07-27-2007, 05:35 PM
Guy and Don meyer looked at it again today, going in for round 4 next week. This is really pathetic.......

We'll all be waiting for pics again :(

Cutlass Queen
07-28-2007, 01:31 AM
:confused:confused:confused :confused:confused:confused :confused:confused:confused :confused:confused:confused

Long story short....I was on Contact 6 in September :thumbsup

Crawlin
07-28-2007, 08:35 AM
yep, Deanna did good with contact 6....

by all means do what's necessary, just don't get MY area involved

Also remember, backlash can happen from that. Not that Colleen can't find a job elsewhere, but I'm sure you know how Steve is.

Crawlin
07-28-2007, 08:43 AM
PS - if ANY of you believe that it is JUST dealerships that care about the BOTTOM LINE, you're ******* morons.

Why do you think people get laid off? Why is there "corporate downsizing? Why are tech jobs being outsourced to banglapore, india?

BOTTOM LINE PROFIT for upper management as well as stock holders/investors

Crawlin
07-28-2007, 08:45 AM
Steve doesn't give a damn about people, profit profit profit

edited for correctness :)

pOrk
07-28-2007, 10:24 AM
^ Steve ain't the only one :-P

Cutlass Queen
07-28-2007, 10:52 AM
yep, Deanna did good with contact 6....

Yep I did, Contact 6 helped me out BIG time when I had my issue and then some. I'd try the Contact 6 thing...explain your situation and you should have a good chance of being chosen:thumbsup

Breecher_7
08-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Well, guess what. This thread again! Got the truck back this afternoon after there 6th attempt to repair the problems. And guess what?

Once again there are more surface scratches all over the fender and door and none of the issues are resolved. Its almost alike they keep the truck for 8 hours just to scratch it up more. Im fed up with this and I am now 100% certain that they are just NOT capable of repairing the truck correctly.

What was originally just a 3" scratch on the fender has now turned into my entire fender looking like complete ass as well as my door being scratched to hell. They should just fire there entire collision department and hire all new people if this is seriously the best they can do.

I will be calling to ***** tomarrow morning to Don Meyer about this once again and I am sure that I will just once again be told that they will take care of it. Fact is, they are not capable of taking care of it, if they were, it wouldnt still be wrong after 6 attempts.

Advice Guys?

At this point im going to give them another chance, if it doesnt get fixed, im demanding they pay to have it fixed at the collision shop of my choice.

hrsp
08-08-2007, 07:42 PM
time to go postal....this is like a bad dream...

Lash
08-08-2007, 07:52 PM
I wouldn't give them another chance. My attorney would be the one calling Don.

hrsp
08-08-2007, 07:54 PM
^ you speaketh the truth

pOrk
08-09-2007, 02:45 AM
Giving them another chance? That makes 7, your on ******* drugs dude. 2 would have been it for me

Breecher_7
08-09-2007, 06:35 AM
Well unfortunatly Im willing to give people more chances then they deserve.

When I get it back and it is once again not correct, where should I take it to have it refinnished?

Waver
08-09-2007, 08:54 AM
talk to a lawyer......

Breecher_7
08-09-2007, 11:46 AM
talk to a lawyer......

I never would have thought about that! :thumbsup

Im trying handle this out of the legal system for many reasons though. A few being.

#1. My girlfriend works for them, i dont want them to turn on her
#2. Lawsuits take to long.

I will go that route if required though.