PDA

View Full Version : That'll leave a mark.....

Car Guy
07-23-2007, 02:06 PM
This guy is obviously an automotive genius, cause I'd say that coolant has to be at least 300*.....:durr

http://www.break.com/index/kid-removes-hot-radiator-cap1.html

I wonder if the 'chick' was impressed...??? If she can still see that is.....:wooo

:3gears::3gears::3gears:

Anakonda69
07-23-2007, 02:22 PM
wow....maybe the directions on the top of the cap were worn off so he couldn't read'em...lmao dummy

pickardracing
07-23-2007, 02:35 PM
That shit's for real, my good friend was helping a friend of his work on a race car, the cap wasnt tight and when he went to tighten it, if flew off resulting in him getting soaked in 300* coolant.

2nd degree burns on 20% of his body, mostly chest, arms, and face. Luckily he healed well and you can't really tell anymore.

subliminal1284
07-23-2007, 03:20 PM
I got burned by coolant once, first time changing a knock sensor. Drove my car to the parts store and got the sensor and jacked up the car as soon as I got home. Got the old knock sensor out and then I saw some kinda crusty buildup behind the sensor so what do I do? I jab it with a screwdriver. Coolant sprayed out onto my head and hands. 2nd degree burns on my head and hands. I didnt know at the time the knock sensor was connected to the cooling system. Then I had to put the new sensor in all burned up so I could drive myself to the ER. :goof